The AMD 3GHz Club

Guest laydback
Sure is a bunch of crap over a couple of tenths of a volt.

The reason The Flower King and I keep telling you that you cannot trust the reading in the bios but to go off what you set is because after numerous DFI NF4 boards and some actual testing this is what we have found to be accurate.

If saying your voltage is 1.61 is that important to you then I will agree with you that it must be 1.61. Doesn't make a bit of difference to 90% of the people in this thread what your damn voltage is. It's overclocking, how you get there doesn't matter, how much your OC is doesn't matter, it's a hobby, it's fun and nobody is ever going to pay you for doing it. Have a little fun with your rig after investing all that money in it.

My expert board says my idle temp in a 29 degree room is 20 degrees.

You're right, sorry Flower. We'll see how close of board sensor is after I find the link to the measuring points on the DFI.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Storm Rev2 MCP655(D-5)pump Saving to get a PA120.3 shipped over from the UK. Maybe if I could get my hands on onea' Cathar's G-5 block's I might sell it.LOL

"Quote": I wanted to pop the IHS on mine but figured out the mounting pressure by the ninja would virtually crush the helpless core. Need some shims to do it. "Quote"

^ I've heard that too. I think if I remember the accounts right that's mostly from clampin' on one edge first and crushin' that edge clampin' the otherside. For the XP90 I'd have to abandon the spring chips altogether and setup a screwdown clamps type o' retainers. For nice even preasure. But I think I'll wait on my rad maybe later do sumptin' like that xp90 on onea' the nf2s. with a neo backplate. Depending on cap clearance.

I have a Storm Rev2 MCP655(D-5)pump Saving to get a PA120.3 shipped over from the UK. Maybe if I could get my hands on onea' Cathar's G-5 block's I might sell it.LOL

"Quote": I wanted to pop the IHS on mine but figured out the mounting pressure by the ninja would virtually crush the helpless core. Need some shims to do it. "Quote"

^ I've heard that too. I think if I remember the accounts right that's mostly from clampin' on one edge first and crushin' that edge clampin' the otherside. For the XP90 I'd have to abandon the spring chips altogether and setup a screwdown clamps type o' retainers. For nice even preasure. But I think I'll wait on my rad maybe later do sumptin' like that xp90 on onea' the nf2s. with a neo backplate. Depending on cap clearance.

A friend advised me to build some custom screw down clamps to acheive greater contact with the core itself. But then again, i don't have time till the end of the year. Will be looking into that as It's very hot here. Stock voltages idle @ 36 [Cool day] or 40 [hot day] and load @ 45 [cool day] and 48 [hot day].

If "Happy" doesn't like it he'll delete it. Seen that happen a time or two. But don't worry once you've done it,it's easier next time. It looked ok though unless the rules have changed since I last posted an OCDB entry.

EDit: 1.5 *110% I can understand why you might be concerned That's alot a volts!! W/C didn't help bring the voltage needed down any?

ahhahah you think thats alot...i tried benching at 1.55V+113% !!!!!!!!!!! i was kinda sketched out but i wouldnt dare do a prime's worth of hour testing lol 1.75V is really a crap load of volts on this dual core 90nm.

Just looking at it now bc, very nice setup you have there, you're going to be number 32.. this place is filling up fast now!

lol thnx....how many dual core entries though>?>?

i guess ill go check it out lol and i think i am still the top for dual core super PI 1M

someone has a better chip i bet though

yea i wouldnt dare try 1.75 on air with my chip...not for more than liek 10 mins anyways,,

but my room was nice n cool last night so i took advantage of the benching,,,no temps surpassed 48C on dual prime with 1.66V = )

wow, just noticed after lookin at my 05 score that i got it past 8600! i was hoping for this earilier...didnt really pay attention though...the vmem volt mod got my clocks from 1.16-1295 and a score of about 7800-8600.......!

Congrats BC nice entry.

It'll be awhile still before I can make the list I think. It's probably best if I get the W/C on it before I start stressin' it and me. LOL But These superpi's are nice for breakin'. Maybe if I do enough of them she'll burn in for lower volts. The 1 meggers are kinda' nice sorta' help me get some of my settin' squared up so I gotta' idea of what I'll need for a stable ggg post. Plus I don't have to volt as much to get past a 1m pi. To night when it cools off I'll see if I can trim abit off that 1m some more. I'm surprised more poeple are not posting in the superpi race.

Congrats BC nice entry.

It'll be awhile still before I can make the list I think. It's probably best if I get the W/C on it before I start stressin' it and me. LOL But These superpi's are nice for breakin'. Maybe if I do enough of them she'll burn in for lower volts. The 1 meggers are kinda' nice sorta' help me get some of my settin' squared up so I gotta' idea of what I'll need for a stable ggg post. Plus I don't have to volt as much to get past a 1m pi. To night when it cools off I'll see if I can trim abit off that 1m some more. I'm surprised more poeple are not posting in the superpi race.

yea the 1M;s are sweet to bench because you dont have to wait long at all....and u can have a score to try and beat i just about hammerd the CRAP out of my proc lol, i sold my buddy my old OCZ tccd i really wish i didnt for benching puposes...oh well.. maybe i can borrow em from him...they could prob do a 1M at 300fsb 2.5-4-3-7...at least u used to be able to do that (nearly stable)

Some OCZ Tccd's can clock really really nice w/ some pretty tight timings. The other sticks of the same stuff need 2.5-4-4-8 and other timings much looser. for 300fsb. Got 5 sticks od supposed to be the stuff. Ordered 1 really good ordered a seconed pretty bad I thought that 1, ordered a 3rd Ho-ho got another good 1. I was overclocking my Infinity then. Got another pair when I rma'd a pair of OCZ GX (PC3500 Utt-BH5). They run exactly like the seconed stick. Still they do ok. They'll do 305 @ recomended timings but that's pretty slack.

Edit Here as promised I managed to shave a coupla' tenths off my 1m:

1m307ji7.th.jpg