The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just done up my OCDB entry, here :D

Haven't actually gone to clocking my 6600, core clocks could only reach 440 :( and so i need some Vmods first. As for the Opteron, i'll try to burn it in more and give it better cooling as well as settle that stupid 3.1Ghz thing.

Just done up my OCDB entry, here :D

Haven't actually gone to clocking my 6600, core clocks could only reach 440 :( and so i need some Vmods first. As for the Opteron, i'll try to burn it in more and give it better cooling as well as settle that stupid 3.1Ghz thing.

Congrats farksy! 31th member now. I had that exact same stepping, but never gave it much time before on selling it, seems to be one of the good ones out there and I love the tccd clocks, my fav setup, tccd @ 1:1!

bcbooter - you're on the racetrack, have I missed your ocdb entry for the honours roll?

Guest laydback
Nice runs, I am having issues getting my 2x512 bh-5 stable enough at 260MHz for Pi 32M, if I had a 12x multi I'd be so set :D

And if my tccd still worked at cas2.5 you'd all be scared! Trust me.. heh

If you put that chip into another motherboard which read 1.63-1.64v in bios with same settings and acted exactly the same performance wise, then you'd see why I'm using the bios settings, not the sensor readouts. ;)

Jesus christ, your gonna make me get the multimeter, fine.

Congrats farksy! 31th member now. I had that exact same stepping, but never gave it much time before on selling it, seems to be one of the good ones out there and I love the tccd clocks, my fav setup, tccd @ 1:1!

bcbooter - you're on the racetrack, have I missed your ocdb entry for the honours roll?

Thanks. I think i was bitching around in the first few posts, sorry about that =X. Now for some superpi action. :D:D:D

Guest laydback
The pros said memmax works for both 32 and 1mil ...

The pros probably dont have the exact same setup as you. Why do people always follow the hype rather then try it themselves? OH yea, cause 99% of people are lazy...

Guest laydback
Isn't your "Ocz El Plat Rev2" tccd though? That is about the same at high speeds..

I had two sets of OCZ Plats Rev2 , the first set was TCCD but they were damaged by putting too much voltage through them. Newegg replaced them for me and when I got the new set they were TCC5. I ended up selling them to a friend.

nope i need to add an ocbd of 3ghz if i can... i couldnt before due to the fact that my VID 110% doesnt function properly ...but 113% is workin good...thats how i got to 3.1ghz..

i gave 3ghz a go at liek 1.63V and it failed after liek 30 mins or so..i think it is reachable with like 1.475V+113% =1.66V should be stable...ill post back tommorrow morning with results

Your gonna make me get the multimeter

The only reason I do the way I do is to keep all the entries equal.

When you set, say 1.50v in bios and it reads 1.46v (as on my 170 here) there are either one of two things going wrong since you're telling the board to give you what you set in bios.

Either the board is not giving out the correct voltage to what you set, and the sensor is right.

Or the board is giving the correct voltage for what you set and the sensor is wrong.

My experience with several boards has been that the boards give out what you ask and the sensors are wrong at an offset, hence why I list what the bios should theoretically be giving. (Plus it makes it easier for me!)

Sure is a bunch of crap over a couple of tenths of a volt.

The reason The Flower King and I keep telling you that you cannot trust the reading in the bios but to go off what you set is because after numerous DFI NF4 boards and some actual testing this is what we have found to be accurate.

If saying your voltage is 1.61 is that important to you then I will agree with you that it must be 1.61. Doesn't make a bit of difference to 90% of the people in this thread what your damn voltage is. It's overclocking, how you get there doesn't matter, how much your OC is doesn't matter, it's a hobby, it's fun and nobody is ever going to pay you for doing it. Have a little fun with your rig after investing all that money in it.

My expert board says my idle temp in a 29 degree room is 20 degrees.