Rig down - worked last night but not now!!

I have an Antec 350 that came with the case (replaced it with the 480W) - will that have enough juice?

For testing purpose, it might, just run it at minimum hardware setting.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep - NOT the PSU - just trialled the 350W and same result.

Hey...I dont know if I would trust the results of using a cheap 350w PSU. I use the Expert board and I dont even think the LED's would come on with that..lol. Maybe try and see if a friend might have a better PSU you can try so you can be sure to rule it out. Just a thought. ;)

Failed the 24 hr test aswell - have ordered a replacement BIOS chip from TMOD.

However - if that doesn't work, what are my options besides buying another MB???

Ok guys - I have NFI with my DFI...LOL

Have had it OC'd for over a year and everything has been perfect, have good cooling (XP-90) and the CPU barely ever goes over 35C.

So I try and turn the system on this morning - get no usual "beep" followed by the Bios screen - infact I get no screen action at all. The fans go, the HD and DVD spin and then I get an extended "beep" pause, "beep" pause, "beep" pause until I power the system down.

Have removed the X-Fi and VGA card, RAM and CPU etc, rebuilt and the same. Have cleared the CMOS (?) several times, still the same behavior.

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!

I have the exact same issue. I sued my computer last night and no I can't get anything. Everything powers up but I get no video at all. It seems like it boots and then I get one led all the way to the left that stays lit and I get one beep. I have tried RAM, took out everything except the needed hardware and still the same. I just used it last night and now I can't get it to boot. :confused:

Failed the 24 hr test aswell - have ordered a replacement BIOS chip from TMOD.

However - if that doesn't work, what are my options besides buying another MB???

Is replacing the Bios chip the next step? If so can I use the chip from the DFI NF3 board I have sitting collecting dust? What do I need to do to swap chips and get it working? Never done this before.....never had a board do this to me.

i had the same thing with several machines...it think is the fact that we turn off our systems...now i have the rig of my sig...NEVER turn it off...and have ZERO issues.

MAYBE it has something to do with stress components with power downs and up. (Its just a guess...)

Try with one dram stick in orange slot furthest from CPU. I am betting you are having problems getting your board to work in dual channel, just like myself and countless others here. I have been a member here for about a year and I had never seen so many problems with dual channel. I think these boards are beginning to conk out on people who bought them a while ago.

power the machine completely down - either turn psu switch too off or unplug for 30 secs

plug it back it in or flip switch to on and leave it with power to mobo for 20-30 secs then try to power on.

I found that on my ultra-d that was experiencing similar issues to yours that i was panicing and trying to see if it would boot too quickly. So i let it set one day for a few minutes with no power then set with power and then tried to turn it on and it powered up fine.

This may not work for you but its worth a try. if it fails, pull it out of your case and build outside the box. this has worked for me also in the past.

Like i said it may not work but its work a try.

Then there is the alternative, just dont shut down your pc. I leave mine up 24/7 only reboot to troubleshoot, reload, or update drivers. Other than that my last shut down was a week or two ago.

have been posting for weeks about this with no results, and the other ones that had the problem in september didnt either, the last person to start a thread disapeared after sending his board to dfi for testing and said he would post with follow ups, but never heard from him again, welcome in the club

I have the exact same issue. I sued my computer last night and no I can't get anything. Everything powers up but I get no video at all. It seems like it boots and then I get one led all the way to the left that stays lit and I get one beep. I have tried RAM, took out everything except the needed hardware and still the same. I just used it last night and now I can't get it to boot. :confused:

You think it could be the video card? I'm having an issue right now after switching cpus where I get no display and the one debug light closest to the edge. Also got one long beep. I thought it might be the vid card, so I hit 'F1' to load setup default or something, and low and behold it loads windows as I can hear the hard drive spinning up and down. I know I'm in windows also because I went thru the motions with the keyboard to shut it down (Ctrl-alt-del + right 2 times + up up up + down) and it shuts down.

So seems like the video card got messed up somehow, as it was working fine before the cpu switch. Once you do this, the one debug light goes away and it goes into Windows with no display. I'm gonna try a different vid card tonight as I dont have a 2nd card on me atm.