Is anyone offended or complaining about Angry's avatar?

Angry_Games

189 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

lol CCCP is the cyrillic abbreviation for USSR

dont ya remember the old evil communist russians? and their hockey teams that DOMINATED hockey for like 20+ years lol

Of course, during their reign, they also tilted the playing field in their favor. Their government backing and athletic practices should have classified the Soviet players more as professionals than amateurs. They totally outclassed the true amateur opponents they faced. (In exhibitions, they even took the pros on.) However, I never felt that your avatar was purporting what I considered to be the oppressive political philosophies of the now defunct USSR.

As for the poll: Politically, I’m pretty far right, and I am not offended. Even when I first joined this forum, I simply figured that your avatar was expressing your sports outlook that you strive to play amateur hockey at the level and intensity that the Soviets did in the Olympics and in exhibitions. I might be right or wrong, but it doesn’t matter. It’s only an avatar, not a manifesto and I don’t view it as slurring or condemning anyone or anything.

To cover the spectrum, if I were an avid chess player and joined a forum where a member had an avatar that admired the chess skills of the USSR would I be offended? I think not. Likewise, if I like classical music, should I discount enlightened Russian composers because I didn’t agree with their country’s government at that time? You don’t have to be an armadillo, but you can’t allow yourself to be too thin skinned when dealing with others over the Internet. As a member of any Internet forum, I agree to play by their rules when I sign on. If I become totally, adversely offended by something, I’ll simply choose to walk away and move on.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's joking, then there's just plain foolishness and your foolishness will not be tolerated...please refrain from such language in the future... Just kidding.

Your avatar is awesome.

Sorry for the swearing.

As for the poll: Politically, I’m pretty far right, and I am not offended. Even when I first joined this forum, I simply figured that your avatar was expressing your sports outlook that you strive to play amateur hockey at the level and intensity that the Soviets did in the Olympics and in exhibitions. I might be right or wrong, but it doesn’t matter. It’s only an avatar, not a manifesto and I don’t view it as slurring or condemning anyone or anything.

the poll isn't political...it is simply asking who thinks the avatar is offensive

I think i might close this thread and make a new one where the poll is public so everyone can see who votes what lol...i see 6 votes saying its offensive but no one has owned up to it but one who says they voted yes accidentally...

the poll isn't political...it is simply asking who thinks the avatar is offensive

I think i might close this thread and make a new one where the poll is public so everyone can see who votes what lol...i see 6 votes saying its offensive but no one has owned up to it but one who says they voted yes accidentally...

Sorry about getting out of line, so I deleted my post. For the record I voted "no".

Not offended. But you look very different with the long hair. This whole thread reminds me of a joke i saw today.

Military recruit training officer with sour non-changing look on his face says to the media "We do not discriminate, we simply exclude those few individuals with different attitudes". I got a laugh out of it because the guy was serious...and clueless.

BTW, loved the alternate group picture. I am saving that for the desktop for the wife to visualize my friends at DFI. I love the humor here. :nod:

just have a shave and haircut a nice short back and sides rayon shirt and nylon/polyester trousers and don't forget some sensible shoes or georges goon squad will think your one of "them"and send you to cuba oh and btw i'm not offended you can't offend me....i'm far more offensive

Guest oRiOn

Hard to believe someone was truely offended, sounds more like a person that is a player hater. (Angry being the player, and is getting hated by the player hater)

Keep up the great and humorous work,

-Will

Ok, I will own up to my vote.

I voted it as offensive for political reasons.

I will say this though, this is the first time I have ever spoken about your avatar.

(I was not one of the people you mentioned as complaining. I just sucked it up and went on with it.)

Plus I dont like hockey, so its a double no for me.