Is anyone offended or complaining about Angry's avatar?

Angry_Games

189 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

As you have seen, just by purchasing a DFI motherboard that entitles you to the right to have this thread closed or deleted. All this power can be yours for the measly price of $122 plus shipping and all applicable taxes. Still waiting for GreenPeace to make me take down my sig.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to give props to Oceanseasforme for owning up to his vote to an audience of opposing opinions. The question was put out there and, with a community this large, of course there are going to be at least some yeses mixed with the no's. I'm also glad to see that he wasn't excessively flamed for owning up to it. I hope that level of maturity continues.

@Angry. I'm with most of the other people here. I don't think you should remove your avatar just because Oceanseas gave his reason and it happened to be political. The line between reasonable and unreasonable varies from person to person and community to community. I think your avatar was reasonable as far as this community is concerned, and I also feel that Oceanseas' opinion and the way he expressed it was likewise reasonable. He said he is able to get on with it, so respect that and each of you go about your normal business. For those who are not able to get on with it, I think they fall on the unreasonable side of this community's line, and it should then be up to them to either thicken their skin, or find another community where their inability to get on with it is found to be reasonable.

But, of course, this is just my opinion.

I have to give props to Oceanseasforme for owning up to his vote to an audience of opposing opinions. The question was put out there and, with a community this large, of course there are going to be at least some yeses mixed with the no's. I'm also glad to see that he wasn't excessively flamed for owning up to it. I hope that level of maturity continues.

@Angry. I'm with most of the other people here. I don't think you should remove your avatar just because Oceanseas gave his reason and it happened to be political. The line between reasonable and unreasonable varies from person to person and community to community. I think your avatar was reasonable as far as this community is concerned, and I also feel that Oceanseas' opinion and the way he expressed it was likewise reasonable. He said he is able to get on with it, so respect that and each of you go about your normal business. For those who are not able to get on with it, I think they fall on the unreasonable side of this community's line, and it should then be up to them to either thicken their skin, or find another community where their inability to get on with it is found to be reasonable.

But, of course, this is just my opinion.

You sir rate an answer and I will give you A_G's words from another thread that relates to this one.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...81&postcount=24

I respect A_G and this site and for that reason I answer you and do not reply to the rest of the thread as I consider it counterproductive to what DFI is about.

Had some nice PM's with A_G and their is no animosity between us.

Now the rest of you gentelmen and ladies, please let this thread fall into oblivion.

[begin AceGoober rant on]

I will not ask forgiveness for what I must say, for this will be a baring of my soul to everyone here. I do not feel ashamed of what I say nor will I ever. Quite honestly, (and yes, at the risk my moderatorship) I am calling bull crap on those who do not stand and speak their minds, with respectful dialogue, to the topic at hand.

There are many things in life each of us individuals may not agree upon. Though, we are one (as I see it) there are circumstances within the great complexities of life which differentiate us from each other.

Let not those disagreements not deter us from being reasonable human beings.

Yes, I said human beings instead of classifying races. You all got that right.

In my eyes, passionate expressionism of a individual's enthusiasm (unless it does harm to others) does not constitute racism (yes you heard me right) of their enthusiasm.

It's when the negative elevation of the past events are blown out of proportion to which people take offense.

Angry has stated over and over again his passion for hockey. Past and present. And, yet, when he mildly expresses this passion (via avatar), several of you become offended by his mild exhibition of said passion and completely blow it out of proportion.

What makes you become the person you are? Is it past history? What makes everyone hate (yes, I said hate, for that it is what it is) each other for their expressionistic behavior?

In my eyes, there are many people who do not stand-up for what the believe in for fear of persecution. Fear no persecution here as long as what you say is presented in a respectul manner. We will tend to agree to disagree yet let those disagreements not deteriorate the friendship we all share.

Angry has granted everyone of us freedom of repectful expression, to a certain degree. It is when the respectful expressionism deteriotes to animalistic behavior (yes, that is what it is in my eyes) is when the hammer must be brought down to deter racimistic persecution.

Despite everyone's differences from one another, we are all the same in body. We are human. We will always have a differentiation in opinion.

Let this not stop each one of us from being who we are, with respect to different cultures, perceived race, and belief.

[AceGoober rant has ended]

May you all be safe and well.

[begin AceGoober rant on]

I will not ask forgiveness for what I must say, for this will be a baring of my soul to everyone here. I do not feel ashamed of what I say nor will I ever. Quite honestly, (and yes, at the risk my moderatorship) I am calling bull crap on those who do not stand and speak their minds, with respectful dialogue, to the topic at hand.

There are many things in life each of us individuals may not agree upon. Though, we are one (as I see it) there are circumstances within the great complexities of life which differentiate us from each other.

Let not those disagreements not deter us from being reasonable human beings.

Yes, I said human beings instead of classifying races. You all got that right.

In my eyes, passionate expressionism of a individual's enthusiasm (unless it does harm to others) does not constitute racism (yes you heard me right) of their enthusiasm.

It's when the negative elevation of the past events are blown out of proportion to which people take offense.

Angry has stated over and over again his passion for hockey. Past and present. And, yet, when he mildly expresses this passion (via avatar), several of you become offended by his mild exhibition of said passion and completely blow it out of proportion.

What makes you become the person you are? Is it past history? What makes everyone hate (yes, I said hate, for that it is what it is) each other for their expressionistic behavior?

In my eyes, there are many people who do not stand-up for what the believe in for fear of persecution. Fear no persecution here as long as what you say is presented in a respectul manner. We will tend to agree to disagree yet let those disagreements not deteriorate the friendship we all share.

Angry has granted everyone of us freedom of repectful expression, to a certain degree. It is when the respectful expressionism deteriotes to animalistic behavior (yes, that is what it is in my eyes) is when the hammer must be brought down to deter racimistic persecution.

Despite everyone's differences from one another, we are all the same in body. We are human. We will always have a differentiation in opinion.

Let this not stop each one of us from being who we are, with respect to different cultures, perceived race, and belief.

[AceGoober rant has ended]

May you all be safe and well.

Does that mean your in favour of the removal of angry_games avatar due to the fact that it has caused offense, or not?

Does that mean your in favour of the removal of angry_games avatar due to the fact that it has caused offense, or not?

lol

you aren't the original complainer, and as I said about OceanSeas, you nor he would even make me consider removing my avatar. I would basically tell you to cram in your yam-hole and if you didn't like it, then you could get splinters in your rear from the door slamming shut on it as you left in a hurry.

but

thats part of why people don't like me, and that is part of why people raise hell about the dumbest things (dumb things to me anyway).

When you are as public as I am, people just look for the slightest reasons to cause harm. I don't know if it is jealousy, stupidity, a thirst for vengence, revenge, some misguided public duty...I don't know, so I don't label it as anything.

I don't bs anyone. I think of the 20k or more members here, even the ones that really really don't like me will at least grudgingly admit that I am not one to ever take any smack from any of you, my bosses, any of our company's partners, nothing, no one, no how. I just don't. I don't allow myself to be walked on if I know I am correct or if I feel I am being threatened without cause etc.

but as I said, when you are as publicly available as I am, and the guy that I suppose runs the show here and is supposed to be friendly and helpful all the time (which is honestly just plain impossible and anyone that tries to be Flanders all the time is...delusional, insane, or hiding something scary like serial-killer psychosis or something lol).

but

again

I'm supposed to be nice and friendly and helpful etc.

I pretty much feel confident that I am the most helpful citizen in this community, and I feel confident that I am pretty much the friendliest citizen in this community, and I am pretty confident that if you arrive here and read the rules like you agreed to when you registered, and you treat me and others with respect (and again, respect is reading and following the 10 simple rules we have).

I readily admit that I have my days and my faults where I am quite cold to a user or three. I readily admit that sometimes you boneheads get under my skin so much I want to scream (and end up taking it out on you). Those episodes are rather thin, but, you know...it's like that rumor thing I always preach to you guys...

you spread a single unverified rumor, and it takes me ONE HUNDRED posts to squash it.

Because you say, for example, our Expert board kills cpu's. You don't offer any proof, any evidence, any anything except you 'read it on another forum' and you might even provide a link to some forum where one guy claims it and 100 others jump on the bandwagon...so it's like the flu or a cold and you spread it from that forum to this forum.

So now 100 people read a thread where you have accused DFI of making a board that kills cpu's and provided no proof, no nothing, and now I have 100+ people asking "WTF DOES DFI KILL CPU'S???"

now with all those people, I have to keep repeating "THERE IS NO PROOF NO NOTHING THAT THIS IS TRUE THIS IS A STUPID RUMOR".

which of course seems to only inflame a few troublemakers who then continue to go on and on, STILL NOT PROVIDING ANY PROOF, about how I am lying and DFI knows there is a problem etc etc.

And so its this stupid cycle where after 100+ posts I finally have calmed you all down and you all realize (except for a few that never will admit it and will carry it to the grave that I am lying or covering up) that rumors are bad M'kay...and then some other jerk comes in and starts the damn thing all over again.

so there's probably a reason that I really just lose my cool sometimes right there.

then theres the ones that have to argue endlessly about something. I show you proof of something, test it all thoroughly and do everything right, and yet you gotta argue argue argue argue about it...and in a way your argument is valid because of some stupid minute detail that somehow is supposed to prove you are smarter than me and therefore everything I tell you on this forum is utter bullhonkey, and you can go congratulate yourselves and break your arm patting yourself on the back telling others how you "smacked me down" with your bulletproof argument.

Yet all you've done is show everyone including me, that the only thing you are good at is arguing because while I have SHOWN you proof with real testing and real numbers, all you have done is SPECULATE that ONE PARTICULAR SMALL ASPECT that you want to endlessly argue about is where you are right and superior to me (and honestly I don't care if anyone is smarter than me, what I care about is when I do all the hard work and show you all the numbers, you spit in my face and call me a liar yet never provide any numbers on your own).

Then to top it all off, you'll admit that you've never actually messed with whatever it is we are arguing about, you just KNOW it from reading it at anandtech review, or XS forums, or such.

This always makes my day really bright and cheery, when I have to close a thread that people BEGGED me to make (*cough*tight timings vs dividers vs 1T vs 2T*cough*), and I spent days and days testing and setting up everything and doing it all the right way. I love closing threads that are current and relevant and should have open discussion but they can't be allowed to remain open because a couple of know-it-alls have to scream so loud that my glasses crack then shatter about what a moron I am (and *sigh* yet again still no numbers or testing or actual work from you, just more screaming about how I'm wrong and you are right).

ok so there's probably another reason

Then there are the days that I wake up, turn on the computer, come to the forum first thing, and I've got moderators hitting me with all kinds of dumbass antics that some of you pull.

Guys that are 30+ years old, and ya act like a bunch of babies and you need to be babysat constantly lest you get under the kitchen sink and eat the bleach out of the bottle.

Guys that can't be bothered to read the rules and read the stickies and check the search button and maybe do a little research themselves. Guys who have to have their hands held the entire time because somehow they think their purchase of a motherboard entitles them to 110% of my attention and if I even *GASP* considered telling them to actually search for something or READ a thread already having an answer is the world's biggest insult, and they write nasty letters to bossmen complaining about how unhelpful I am (when I've already spent the better part of 2 years making sure this DFI pantry is stocked with the most comprehensive, most helpful goods and information on the ENTIRE PLANET....I mean, our overclocking guide is hotlinked to about 35 different sites, and the referral links on the logs...I won't even go into that).

Guys that then really get nasty when you tell them to read the damn rules or use the damn search button, or *GASP* look on the damn page because there's already 19 threads about your same exact question that you might have read before creating the 20th thread about the same exact thing (but apparently everyone's problem is different, even if it is asking the same exact question).

Then there's the guys that get offended because I don't know the answer, or tell them the truthful answer, or don't have the same hardware they have (like I make more than $30k a year and can afford FX-60's and X1900XT Crossfires and $500 digital audio speaker systems etc).

Then of course, all the lovely people who say dumb things like "OMG For a representitive of your company you are an butt and I'm going to alert DFI to what you are doing on THEIR forums to THEIR customers".

you know (and I know this so lets all be on the same page), just because this site is NOT owned by DFI, and is paid for by ME, does not give me the right to be an butt to you, or treat you like dirt (unless that is how you want to treat me...and that is the ONLY time I'm a jerk to you).

I mean, you know this and I know this. I'm not a dude that has some serious ego (unlike what many have told me when you write me your "F-OFF ANGRYGAMES YOU PIECE OF ^%#$@@#" emails and pm's) problems.

Most of you recognize that I work for DFI and that this site is my own, no one but Carly (momma, the other administrator) owns this website/forum. If I didn't have DFI-Street.com here, I'd still be helping you all by answering tech email and telephone calls.

I was hired to do tech support for DFI for their Lanparty/Infinity line of boards, which are the cream of the crop for DFI. They knew, as well as I knew, that Lanparty signifies a different kind of owner...a guy who likes the best and has the money to burn (well, some of you are so dang cheap as to make me wish for my own death by buying top of the line mobo and then filling it with the cheapest memory, psu, and video cards on teh planet), and expects service unlike any other company will give.

I was not given any specific directives other than use the internet to support customers in teh best way I knew how.

I used to run around to 10 different forums before I started this place.

I got tired of all you whiners and complainers and spammers and troublemakers and the lack of control over all of it when using someone else's forums.

Plus I got tired of repeating myself 10 times a day at 10 different forums.

I told DFI that all these other forums could go bite themselves, I wanted to start a DFI-only forum.

"OMG NO TRAVIS WE DON'T LIKE THAT IDEA AT ALL!!! WORST IDEA EVER!" (as comic book guy on the Simpsons would say)

But did I listen to their wise, sage advice?

no.

I knew they were cheap and wouldn't pay for it, so I did what I knew was the best possible thing for ME and MY JOB SUPPORTING YOU...and I started this forum out of my own pocket.

Two years later...look what is here...20,000+ members...450,000+ posts...infinite amounts (almost lol) of practical, useful, problem-solving information....but better than that, something that I TRIED AND TRIED AND TRIED to tell DFI would happen...and they apparently didn't believe me...but it is true...

customers providing tech support to other customers

geez

what a concept eh?

I mean, am I brilliant or what?

I saw it from even before I started this rathole called DFI-Street

At some point, the balance is tipped to the favor of the # of users + the already-available information becoming so prevalent, that DFI could honestly fire all of us tech support guys because we fooled you guys into doing our jobs for us....online, in a forum, by simply providing the forum and a good starting point, and a good, regulated, decent, rule-abiding community.

and what else did I convince DFI about?

That the forum, once properly seeded and stocked, would be a larger marketing machine than ALL online and magazine reviews COMBINED, as well as larger than ANY and ALL COMBINED advertising that they would spend.

I never asked for any extra money or any of that advertising dollars either darn it lol. Not that they would have given any to me.

Funny thing is, if I quit right now, and charged them real-world advertising costs for what this forum gives them in return in publicity as well as generating sales...they'd have to pay me 5x my current salary (which as I already told you, nearly leaves me on food stamps...ok well I'm not on welfare...and I shouldn't complain cuz I'm not hooked on crack or eating out of garbage cans either).

I guess my point is...I built this forum not so much to have something to brag about how wonderful and smart and creative I am (though it is nice to show others exactly how talented I am and how I can make any company's product successful because of the exposure it can receive at this forum since for some reason if I use it and like it, and tell you I use it and like it, you rush out and buy it yourselves...ya bunch of sheep).

I built this forum because I was tired of all other forums

I built this forum because there were no DFI-only forums or repositories of information for DFI specific products

I built this forum because lets be totally honest...dfi.com.tw really sucks and is slow and is about useless most of the time other than grabbing drivers and bios files (and again...the slow speed, and the constant downtime, practically voids any of that small bit of usefulness). *ps I'm not here to bag on DFI...I just tell the truth...you've all complained to me ridiculous amounts of times about how crappy DFI's website is so don't get all offended and rush off to tell DFI what I just wrote*

I built this forum...because communities that grow and flourish and attract good, healthy, strong members, are the best communities one could hope to 'live' in. I attracted all the right people. I got Rgone his job with DFI. I attracted the likes of ExRoadie (who has his own hateful fan club that complains all the time about what a jerk he is), Thunda, Ace, culinist, king of nothing, etc etc and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo on. (ps if your name wasn't mentioned...don't be butt-hurt about it)

now

lets all fast forward to last December, where a couple of morons decided to test the system, and see how strong the site really was.

They started a nasty campaign to have me fired (well, this is actually the second time, the first one was at another forum before DFI-Street and was an unsuccessful coup also lol). Some of you were here, and remember that.

I tried to warn you boneheads then....what will happen if you get me fired???

And I told you the answer

I would have no use for DFI-Street, and therefore would remove it from the internet, and there would be nothing you could do about it. And I would have it purged from search engines if I felt nasty enough so old archived data would not be able to be indexed and searched on. And if you read the legal pages, you realize that everything on this site belongs to me, except your individual posts...but you don't have any legal rights to post anyone else's material on any other forums without their permission...and without bragging too much, most of the really really important stuff here is posted by me...and no way in hell you'd get my permission...just because I guess I am a big jerk like that.

This caused a bit (well...a lot honestly) of panic that the site would close down because I was in a bit of trouble thanks to a couple very loud, very boorish, very know-it-all boneheads who didn't like me. Because I wouldn't hold their hand, lie to them, and treat them like the royalty they though they were simply by purchasing a DFI motherboard.

But the rest of you saw that paragraph before the one above this one, and realized that if the site goes, DFI has nothing, and can use nothing, and this forum is actually very important to them, and a couple of idiots needed to be run out of town and Angry needed to be assured that his job was secured.

now it seems, like regular clockwork (about once every 6 months), a few have begun anew in an attempt to make my life miserable...which really makes me laugh, and I'll tell ya why.

Everytime someone says they'll have me fired from my job, I laugh and laugh and laugh...and i wish every single time that there was a counter or desk separating us when they said this to me, because I would lean over and guffaw loudly (with much spittle and phlem too!) right in their little faces.

I don't honestly care if I get fired from this job.

I don't want to find another job. I like this job. I've got much freedom in this job, and that freedom to me is important since I use it to show others how good I am at what I do.

But come on...it's just a job. I've made this place a success, and I've done more than anyone else to make DFI the most popular motherboard brand on the planet. I can take my success and go to work elsewhere, for DFI's competitors even, and make 3x my current salary with the same freedoms without even blinking my eyes.

I can go to work locally or in Silicon Valley and make probably 5x or more my current salary, and still, I imagine, have most if not all of my freedoms that I currently enjoy.

It's just a job in the end...but I am FIERCELY PROUD of what i do, and of who I am. I feel good when I help one of you get your expensive doohicky working right.

I feel terrible when I ignore a user or don't help him resolve an issue or have to be rude to him in the forum or tell him to buzz off in an email or ban him from the forum etc.

I'm proud of this palace of DFI love, and I'm proud of the friends I've made here and I'm proud that others have felt so strongly about DFI-Street that they've practically moved in and made it their home.

Everyone here has better things to do than waste their lives making 3,000 posts at DFI-Street. Including me. But I love it.

But I'm not scared of you when you try to get me fired.

My bossmans will tell you just how ugly I can be to them when they push me too far, and momma can damn sure tell you horror stories of the emails she's read and the telephone conversations she's heard between me and my bosses when I am on the warpath.

They don't like me much because I am not a good employee in the sense that I don't shut up and follow orders. They don't like me much because I won't lie even about the littlest thing (like how ATI chipsets are not worth the silicon they are printed on at the moment...and when I said the same thing about Nvidia SLI chipsets, and about every other upsetting thing that I was brutally honest about). They don't like me much because I am exactly the same person you see in this forum...combative, rude sometimes, take-no-prisoners, bullying, etc.

I get my way because I have a vision of how things should be done, and so far, I'm extremely successful at getting things done and making a success of a company that no one had hardly even heard of 4 years ago. There's not a single person in DFI that probably really likes me, not even Rgone these days I'm sure, but there's not a single one of them that can say I've not done my absolute best to make DFI the #1 motherboard company on the planet with all of the publicity I've generated for them.

A little bit of a giant ego? you ask

if you've read this far, then you actually give a crap, and probably have figured out that I am just a person that is a lot like how some of you wish you were (assertive and don't take no crap from no one).

And you know that people like me are naturally attractive to enemies and idiots lol.

People feel wronged by something I have done, and bring the town mob with torches and pitchforks to my door...and so instead of just dropping napalm on them, I do things like make little polls about my avatar being offensive, or give you the email addresses of the bossmans and tell you that you need to write to them and alert them that this forum is important to you, and that DFI would be foolish to lose 2+ years of information because a couple of knuckleheads got their feelings hurt.

Which is pretty much what I tell them all the time anyway...like when ATI complains that I bashed their chipset, or when Ultra-X complains that I bash their psu, etc. They threaten to stop giving us support or supplying us with chipsets etc, and I sorta just shrug and say things like "well, our Nvidia chipsets outsells every other product combined by a 100:1 ratio, and Nvidia always gets my best respect and treatment so why are you so worried about ATI (or any company that is complaining)???"

Then I usually add something like "If they (the complainers) actually supplied me with the stuff they want promoted, then I could not only use it to do my job supporting mutual customers, but I could promote it and pimp it and all of the sheep on the Street forum would rush out and buy them and then the company wouldn't be complaining about anything except they can't keep them in stock long enough to satisfy everyone" (which is pretty much what happened with Nf3 and NF4 boards, and 6800 and 7800 cards when they all first came out).

which is, I am sure, not the best way to go about doing business. Ask Corsair...they've been upset at me since day one because I could never get their memory to work on our NF2 boards with any regularity and so told everyone to just avoid their memory and use OCZ (which I had plenty of and tested it and it worked for everyone!) and Buffalo and GEIL.

Funny enough...Corsair never supplied me with a single stick of memory until OCZ had taken over as the top memory producer for enthusiasts and OCZ's name was mentioned first ahead of Corsair which I am sure really burned Corsair's behind lol.

They always claimed I was "out to ruin them" or was bashing their products etc etc...but OMG LOOK!!!! Now Angry has some Corsair modules and has tested them and entered them in teh OC Database and Stock Speed Database and GEEZ Corsair works and I tell people honestly that the only Corsair that doesn't work good in our Lanparty boards is VALUE stuff (which is still true in my testing and experience).

Then look at OCZ, Danger Den, GEIL, XFX, Enermax, Skyhawk, Hitachi, etc

OCZ realized early that this site would be a great great place to get a grassroots following, and that would be achieved by giving the top techs here (me and Rgone) off-the-shelf samples of all their top promoted memory and power supplies.

So we got all their BH-5, TCCD, EB, EL, XTC, Powerstreams of all flavors etc...you name it, we got it from them. We told them explicitly that it was to be off-the-shelf stuff...no hand picked crap because that leads to unrealistic expectations and lots of hurt feelings towards a company when you supply two top overclockers with memory that will do 315FSB that you have cherry-picked for them, while the actual paying customers were getting stuff that might be lucky to hit 255 *coughGskillcough*.

Danger Den sent me enough watercooling gear to get me in a lot of trouble nearly catching things on fire from getting electronics wet

GEIL sent me memory that they wanted me to pimp

Centon did the same (and we sold out about 300 kits of their memory in two different 'DFI-Street Special Sales' within a couple days)

XFX...who really bought XFX before Angry had them? (most of you wouldn't because of rumors *like we talked about at the beginning of this rant* about how crappy they were etc)

All of these companies have sacrificed a bit of money sending me their best products and Rgone their best products because they realize that when trusted individuals like ourselves that have public limelight access to 20,000+ registered and 100,000+ unregistered users on a daily basis, and we test their products, and we like their products, we will SUGGEST their products, and, since we have their products, we can MUTUALLY SUPPORT their products.

OMG! Angry! THIS IS JUST LIKE YOU SAID EARLIER ABOUT HOW A GOOD FORUM COMMUNITY WILL DO FREE TECH SUPPORT FOR A COMPANY!

heh

none of us companies are lazy

but we realize that when we get so popular that we'd have to hire 100+ techs to support the volume of new and existing customers....well...it is a lot cheaper to have customers so happy that they want others to be happy like them and stick around to help others get their goods working so they CAN be happy...it's one big happy zen-karma family!

see...that's Angry's big picture

I'm obviously not in it for the money

please...seriously...those of you who think I am rich...get a life lol.

And please...seriously...those of you who think that I get all this free stuff and it must be the most orgasmic bitchin camaro ride ever....get a life also!

How fun is it to have brand new mobo and 2GB kit of RAM and 7900GT SLI kits but then also you got new other mobo and other 2GB kit of RAM and other vid cards...and then again, and then again...and on top of that, you got 5 customers at any given time that have sent their stuff to me to have me personally look at because the RMA department just won't give it the time of day like I will (when I am sure there's nothing wrong with the board either!)....and while you are all overclocking your gonads off, and playing CS Source and BF2, etc, I am running back and forth to 5 different computer stations cursing at one, bitching at another, loading windows for the 20th time on another, trying to figure out why one keeps BSOD'ing with this new memory on another, benchmarking on another...

and then some smartass gets on MSN and suggests we play some Day of Defeat Source

and I'm all down with that...and we just get into a server and start playing and I start to actually relax and realize that I don't actually want to kill myself nor any of you, and that even with a few bad apples, I really like all of you, even if I do, once again, want to kill you (even though I just said I do not lol)....and what happens?

MSN chimes or phone rings or I make the mistake of looking at the forum pages on another rig during a map change...and well...I had 8 minutes of fun playing Caen or Cherbourg as a Nazi or Allied Soldier but now I got a 29 minute tech call and holy crap is that smoke coming from that customers rig??? jeez, I gotta go DeathDeeler19, I'll try to catch ya in a few hours.

and so it goes

now some of you who are still reading will probably think "jeez, what a friggin whiner", or worse "jeez, does this guy think his poop is made of gold bricks or what?"

and if that is what you think this whole rant is about...you've lost your mind somewhere from reading too many words, and I suggest you never read anything in english ever again lest you have flashbacks to a previous life where you fell off a cliff and landed headfirst in the canyon below, 21,000 feet down.

the rest of you...this is part of my motivation here

this is who I am

this is what I do every day

these are just some of the things that are on my mind

You wonder why I am a jerk sometimes...I've just explained it

You wonder why I even bother putting up with everyone's crap...I've just explained it

you wonder why you read all of this when you really don't care...I've just...oh wait, I didn't explain that part. Tough titty said the kittty.

You wonder what it is like in my shoes? Here, I've just explained a little bit of it.

Do I need sympathy?

no

Do I need a shrink?

no, not really

Am I special?

no, not at all

Do I think I am some sort of god or superior human?

lol...definitely not...I'm the ugliest, dumbest, smelliest monkey in the cage. Why you guys even come here is beyond me, but while you are here, help me get some of these ticks off my back (i know a few of you have to be hungry)

Do you think I really care what you think about me?

that one should be obvious...

Do you think I want you to enjoy your stay here at this forum?

damn right...if I didn't, I wouldn't keep paying for this rat hole.

Do you think I do all of this to keep you buying DFI, and getting your friends and family to buy DFI, thereby keeping me employed, and getting free top-of-the-line hardware from all these companies? (except ATI and Intel...those two are the biggest, most jewish companies I've ever dealt with...and I can say this factually as a true jew with real jewish blood in my veins...I'm just not a religious jew *fake* lol)

damn right...I'm proud of what I've done for DFI, and I'm proud that I've helped other companies like OCZ and DangerDen become even more popular than they arleady were becoming without me getting my stinky, sticky fingers involved.

Do you think it is right that a few morons and boneheads threaten to take this all away from you a couple of times a year when they are unhappy because boo hoo they got their feelings hurt (probably by not reading the rules and then being told in ugly giant red bold letters to READ THE DANG RULES ALREADY...WILL YA??? or some other nonsense)?

I've always said...this is your community. I might be the caretaker, and i might not always be the most pleasant caretaker, but I am a good caretaker...I love, nurture, and fertilize to help it grow into a powerful, beautiful...whatever it is lol.

But if YOU didn't show up, and if YOU didn't participate, and if YOU didn't keep showing up like some crack addicted weirdo every day...then it wouldn't be much of a community.

and like all communities...citizens move on, move in, move out, they die, they are born, etc etc.

and like all communities...we are made up of an almost infinte range of ages, sexes (well..there's like 5 chicks and 20,585 guys here), races, nationalities, personalities, etc etc

we have strict rules for strict reasons, and we feel that after 2+ years, we know the reasons and they work and are the reasons we have rules

heh

I really like that...gonna maybe put that in my sig!

anyway

to end this little...I don't want to call it a rant...but whatever it is...I'll just say

LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

er

no wait

seriously

this whole rant is for the two persons who will actually read it (all of it ya braindead illiterate idjits). If you skipped down to this line, and didn't read the whole thing, then you won't have a clue why everyone else is getting a free motherboard, memory kit, or some other prize/goodie and you are getting none. So maybe next time...read the whole thing, because no one likes to be left out, and we darn sure don't like those of you who laugh at the joke yet you don't have a clue what the joke is...you just try to fit in.

(heh...I can see 77% of you right now getting angry and going back to actually read the whole thing)

anyway...I'm me

my personality won't change, no matter how much my bossmans hate me, no matter how much you hate me, no matter what.

Stop trying to make my life miserable. All it does is make you look stupid.

Don't be pissy when I am a jerk to you yet you've not read the rules and followed them, nor learned how to use the search function, nor had your thread closed because there's already 23 others asking the same exact question.

Don't be sending my name to Homeland Security saying I'm a threat to the country

Don't be giving me cash and X1900 Crossfire cards

(that last one is reverse psychology...it sometimes works)

If you are rich or run a company and can pay me a decent wage, hire me, as you know what I am capable of.

Otherwise, stick it somewhere that the sun don't shine and read the rules of the forum, and follow them, and be a good citizen.

As long as you do this, we'll all get along in a nearly-utopian online community and we'll keep guards at the gates to keep the Huns out (unless you are a Hun...then we'll use you to keep out the riff-raff...and if you are riff-raff...forget it fool...you'll never break down our walls!

now

this is maybe the last you'll see of the Angry you know and hate so much...because too much sensitivity has brought us to this point, and people are hateful when they don't get their way, and companies are hateful when you won't pimp them and they are too cheap to supply you with anything they want pimped.

From here on...it's Dullsville for Angry...a kinder, gentler (neutered) Angry...I'm thinking of changing my name to Chartreuse_Games, or Lavender_Games to reflect my new openness and kindness.

Maybe my friends, everything will work out in the end, and some rich bastage will take me away like a good Calgon bath used to be able to...and I'll leave the forums in good hands...

But until then...and as long as DFI keeps sending me a paycheck...I'm your overlord and master and ...er oops Nice angry...be nice remember...ok...as long as DFI keeps sending me paychecks, I'll be your trusted, grovelling servant who will try to never offend anyone so please don't hurt me anymore.

I'm tired of it.

I just want to do my job and get paid.

The rest of you can make this a colorful community with personality.