Best MOBO Ever.

Hello guys (Staff, members and visitors)

I'm sorry for taking your precious space to post this, but I believe that this is a long overdue appreciation and many thanks that I do believe I owe to DFI staff and engineers.

Wherever I go (Live or in forums) I guess you can say that I'm one of the many unofficial DFI marketer and advocate. I already persuaded five of my friends buy DFI LANparty NF3 and NF4 MOBOs.

I used to be owned by one of those brand name PC makers (I don't want mention names here) but you can find their "Products" at any of your local electronic super stores, then I have decided to break off the chain and become independent PC builder, this MOBO is the very first I ever bought and had build my PC with, and it was as smooth as caramel fudge ice cream from the beginning to the end, smooth sailing all the way across. Also have I mentioned that I did my first OC with this MOBO? with a 3200+ 754 Claw-hammer? Yes a claw-hammer, to 2.29GHz from 2GHz.

Now I have Newcastle running in this MOBO at 2.2GHz I know I can push it even higher but I'm one of those who only use what they need and all of my games run under 2GHz. I never had BSOD, the BIOS wouldn't even let you go ahead with booting if you OCed too high or wrong.

Bios is so user friendly I used to think BIOS could be set only by certified technician, I had to think again.

DFI makes the mother of all motherboards and I'm really really happy with my MOBO I kept saying this is a great MOBO every time I'm next to my MOBO in disbelieve.

That's it. That's all I have to say. I have no problems, No tech support needed by me, no info seek.

I just came by to say Thanks and great site that's all.

You can close this thread at anytime.

Good Bye.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can close this thread at anytime.

Not a chance !!

This is a support forum so the help and trouble posts are kind of expected but its nice to see someone post something positive occassionally..

:nod:

Welcome to DFI-Street !

Another vote for the NF3 250GB being one of the best boards on the planet. My Ultra-D is an incredible board as well but I don't think it would take the abuse the NF3 board I had did. I had a DTR in my NF3 and a pelt went bad, got so warm the CPU actually stuck in the socket and had to be pried out with a pocket screwdriver. Board fired right up with a new CPU. Ran CPU's on dry ice until they gave up, now it's someone elses and still going strong.

yeap a vote from me too .its just to bad they stop putting them on the shelf.

Indeed, the demand is obviously still there.

Glad you got her up and running so smoothly, nice to hear good stories every now and then. :)

heh

now do you guys believe me?

I've ALWAYS maintained that the NF3 250Gb Lanparty DFI board was the most bulletproof, best board ever made ;)

its always nice to hear someone else say it (cuz angry don't never stfu and he gets annoying real quick)

AG, why have they discontinued the board? There is obviously still a demand, I had to jump through all sorts of hoops with 3 etailers just to find the last refurb of this fine puppy. Boy was I lucky!!! :nod: And Barney very well written, welcome to the street.

I'm pretty happy with my second machine built around it (just this weekend), despite the minor 2 GB of memory glitch. They are becoming rarer, but it's kind of time to move on anyway.

I've never seen a bsod, and I spent a few hours on it compared to a plug 'n play machine (both builds), but I also learned a lot in the process. I guess more than anything else, the board established DFI as "the" player in enthusiast's mobos. Hopefully they'll keep the survivability factor high in the future!

I've ALWAYS maintained that the NF3 250Gb Lanparty DFI board was the most bulletproof, best board ever made

AG, as for the NF4 boards, is the Lanparty SLI-DR similar to the NF3 Gb, in respect that it's a solid, very overclockable board ?

In reading the Nf4 forum, that board seems to be the least remarked about in terms of quirky issues and people having problems getting them set-up.