Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

When you move to water or phase you remove the spill-over air circulation that would normally come off the cpu HSF and that must be taken into account when thinking cooling thru the case or otherwise. It is not that hard to figure really and many on watercooling have had to put a fan over the area of the PWMIC area just to cool it no matter what board is in use.

All boards have a layout spec more or less and when spec'd the board is done so with only approved components. When you mod out into never never land you must do your own engineering.

I don't see any elevated chipset temps when running XP-90 or OEM HSF on my cpu.

RGone...

well, i got my board, but no my psu or case so its still just sitting there with my huge tuniq tower sitting on it. i really wonder how on earth does the chipset get hot, i heard its tdp was like 8w.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, My mobo is on the truck for delivery today. I'm gonna be worthless tomorrow at work, but is there anything I need to know before I put it together? I just need to know some things. Frist of all, do I flash the bios (is it possible) to tonys at Big Toes modded bios before OS install or after. Next should I install 1 or 2 GPU's at first whille I install the OS. Next I know to install one stick of ram for starters in the farthes orange slot from the CPU. When do I install the second one? Is there anything I should do in the bios for a stock/non-OC set up that I don't know about? I'm sorry I'm asking soo many questions but I just want this to go smoothly. I'm a newb when it comes to this. I've only built one system b4 this and I've been having bad luck with it so I'm trying to get as much info as possible. If you have the time type the steps you took as far as putting together your rig step wise. Thanks alot man and wish me luck :^)

ok - so flame me if you wish but i think there is something HUGE missing from this thread - anyone???

there are no crossfire results!

this IS a crossfire board and supposed to be a damn good one but i aint seen no flyin crossfire scores come up yet. if anything is gonna make me buy this board then its the 580's potential for crossfire scores (and stablility) and if they aint there??? well theres no reason to get my plastic out.

so if anyones feelin generous, could you post a couple of '05 and '06 scores , just for me?

thx

Paul

ok - so flame me if you wish but i think there is something HUGE missing from this thread - anyone???

there are no crossfire results!

this IS a crossfire board and supposed to be a damn good one but i aint seen no flyin crossfire scores come up yet. if anything is gonna make me buy this board then its the 580's potential for crossfire scores (and stablility) and if they aint there??? well theres no reason to get my plastic out.

so if anyones feelin generous, could you post a couple of '05 and '06 scores , just for me?

thx

Paul

feel free to loan me some X1800 or X1900 Crossfire cards

at about $500 per card for 1900's, and $300-$400 per card for 1800's, it is pretty tough to get Crossfire kits to test

which is why ATI can't sell chipsets nor their video cards these days compared to Nvidia, as Nvidia decided to stop being cheap (well, NV and their partners like XFX and eVGA) and get enough cards out to reviewers as well as support teams...and we pimped the hell out of Nvidia chipsets and video cards to the point of massive sales.

ATI and their partners, on the other hand, are too cheap it seems to really want to compete with Nvidia at all, and still think their ATI name will propel them into top sales, and, as we know, this is just fantasy.

No one would buy a DFI motherboard until they saw other users and Rgone and myself using them and showing everyone just what they were capable of.

if ATI really wants to join the game and compete, they are going to have to either themselves or their partners, get some Crossfire cards out to guys like Rgone and I or else we will simply do like we always do...show you the board, say it works, show a couple of stock speed and a few overclock entries, then put them away to collect dust (just like we did with the original RDX200 Crossfire board...when is the last time you saw either of us pimp that board? Yet look at the NF4 boards...we are STILL pimping them, even the original NF4 Lanparty boards....shame on you ATI & Partners!)

Until ATI and their partners show some incentive, and get the right hardware out to important people like Rgone and I, they will never be able to compete with Nvidia...as let's face it...guys like Rgone and I are what drives sales for DFI, and we've helped drive sales for OCZ, DangerDen, Nvidia, etc. Nvidia would survive as well as the other companies would survive without us of course...but what is important is that you guys tend to sit on your hands quite a bit until we come right out and show you how awesome something is...and then you all begin to buy it like crack addicts lol...and then YOU find out how great it is, and then YOU pimp it to everyone who will listen, which in turn fuels more and more sales etc.

ATI...since day one of their chipset adventure, has shown nothing but a serious lack of interest in creating these grass-roots sales, instead, like Corsair, relying on their name to get the job done.

Like Corsair, they have been finding out the hard way that no one gives a crap about their name and previous accomplishments, we only care about "here and now", and right here, right now, ATI doesn't have anything worthwhile for us to show you other than a DFI motherboard.

Why would you even take a risk on buying something new like this ATI chipset motherboard when you KNOW and have SEEN EVERY SINGLE DAY users come in by the hundreds and even thousands to the NF4 section showing awesome overclocks and awesome single and SLI video scores...

tsk tsk

like I said, Rgone and I will play with these boards for a week or two more, then they will get boxed up and collect dust and we'll go back to Nvidia since Nvidia and their partners seem much more interested in providing us (and in turn, YOU) the tools we need to not only promote/pimp their products, but to support them also.

I personally have no interest nor plans to promote nor support something that I have been handicapped with (ie: incorrect tools and old tech to support the latest and greatest). If ATI or DFI wishes to sell this stuff, they need to get off their asses and provide us with the proper equipment so we can not only support the few of you willing to take the risk on this new hardware, but also we can promote how great it is to you, which in turn will cause you to promote it to anyone who will listen, which in turn continues to fuel more and more sales.

feel free to loan me some X1800 or X1900 Crossfire cards

at about $500 per card for 1900's, and $300-$400 per card for 1800's, it is pretty tough to get Crossfire kits to test

which is why ATI can't sell chipsets nor their video cards these days compared to Nvidia, as Nvidia decided to stop being cheap (well, NV and their partners like XFX and eVGA) and get enough cards out to reviewers as well as support teams...and we pimped the hell out of Nvidia chipsets and video cards to the point of massive sales.

ATI and their partners, on the other hand, are too cheap it seems to really want to compete with Nvidia at all, and still think their ATI name will propel them into top sales, and, as we know, this is just fantasy.

No one would buy a DFI motherboard until they saw other users and Rgone and myself using them and showing everyone just what they were capable of.

if ATI really wants to join the game and compete, they are going to have to either themselves or their partners, get some Crossfire cards out to guys like Rgone and I or else we will simply do like we always do...show you the board, say it works, show a couple of stock speed and a few overclock entries, then put them away to collect dust (just like we did with the original RDX200 Crossfire board...when is the last time you saw either of us pimp that board? Yet look at the NF4 boards...we are STILL pimping them, even the original NF4 Lanparty boards....shame on you ATI & Partners!)

Until ATI and their partners show some incentive, and get the right hardware out to important people like Rgone and I, they will never be able to compete with Nvidia...as let's face it...guys like Rgone and I are what drives sales for DFI, and we've helped drive sales for OCZ, DangerDen, Nvidia, etc. Nvidia would survive as well as the other companies would survive without us of course...but what is important is that you guys tend to sit on your hands quite a bit until we come right out and show you how awesome something is...and then you all begin to buy it like crack addicts lol...and then YOU find out how great it is, and then YOU pimp it to everyone who will listen, which in turn fuels more and more sales etc.

ATI...since day one of their chipset adventure, has shown nothing but a serious lack of interest in creating these grass-roots sales, instead, like Corsair, relying on their name to get the job done.

Like Corsair, they have been finding out the hard way that no one gives a crap about their name and previous accomplishments, we only care about "here and now", and right here, right now, ATI doesn't have anything worthwhile for us to show you other than a DFI motherboard.

Why would you even take a risk on buying something new like this ATI chipset motherboard when you KNOW and have SEEN EVERY SINGLE DAY users come in by the hundreds and even thousands to the NF4 section showing awesome overclocks and awesome single and SLI video scores...

tsk tsk

like I said, Rgone and I will play with these boards for a week or two more, then they will get boxed up and collect dust and we'll go back to Nvidia since Nvidia and their partners seem much more interested in providing us (and in turn, YOU) the tools we need to not only promote/pimp their products, but to support them also.

I personally have no interest nor plans to promote nor support something that I have been handicapped with (ie: incorrect tools and old tech to support the latest and greatest). If ATI or DFI wishes to sell this stuff, they need to get off their asses and provide us with the proper equipment so we can not only support the few of you willing to take the risk on this new hardware, but also we can promote how great it is to you, which in turn will cause you to promote it to anyone who will listen, which in turn continues to fuel more and more sales.

I cannot tell you guys how much support I get from these forums... Angry and his crew do an amazing job here and they have helped me many time with all sorts of things. Least I can do is help them help others...

Shipping you my x1900xtx and x1900master cards so you can test them out.

Thanks for all your help, keep up the goot work

Rokk

I cannot tell you guys how much support I get from these forums... Angry and his crew do an amazing job here and they have helped me many time with all sorts of things. Least I can do is help them help others...

Shipping you my x1900xtx and x1900master cards so you can test them out.

Thanks for all your help, keep up the goot work

Rokk

rock on dudermaster!

this is another reason why I promote DangerDen as much as possible (and am bugging the crap out of SVC.com to carry their gear!).

but the problem still remains...I should NOT have to beg or borrow from my buddies like CPU Killer to test/promote for you guys...now CPU Killer will be out his X1900 Crossfire kit for 1-2 weeks while I fool with the things...and what happens when, a month or two down the road, some of you guys end up having problems?

Who are you going to come to? Not me or Rgone...you will get forwarded straight to DFI Taiwan...and you all know the type of answer you will get from them...a screenshot of CPU-Z and 3dmark05 and a note saying "works for us, your memory must be defective" or something similar...

anyway, rant over for now...

i dont have any Gskill memory at all

I have plenty of OCZ and if your Gskill is Samsung UCCC based like I think it is, it will use the same settings/timings that my OCZ UCCC / Corsair UCCC etc uses

Yea, it is UCCC! :)

Have you already finished testing your OCZ and Corsair? I looked in the Stock Speed Database and I don't see anything relating to this board yet. I guess you haven't posted your settings yet, right?