Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Angry_Games

Is there anyway you could test this board with the specs I have to see if I mihgt encounter any problems? I really want to know for a stable stock system, being that I don't know how to OC just ram timings etc...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to get caught up on what is real and what is "they" said. Huge difference in what we think we saw and what is...woke me up as well.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=417309 Interesting 'read' about definitions and 'how' we think we understand them. Neither one of these guys is newb or clown. Big difference between supporting something and it actually working when you read the white papers.

RGone...

Fair enough :)

Sorry, I thought I had my RAM stated in there. Sig is updated. Ya think this ram is good for this mobo, if not, I just spent $195 for nothing... Well, I went to corsair's website and up untill this afternoon they didn't have this mobo under listings for ram compatibility, well. Now I read that it is...I'm happy. Let's hope it makes me happy too. :shake:

Guest bradmax57

Im hopefully getting one on thursday to replace me NF4 ULtra D, so I will update siggy then, just wondering if anyone has tried some crucial ballistix 2gb pc4000 in this board yet :D

Im hopefully getting one on thursday to replace me NF4 ULtra D, so I will update siggy then, just wondering if anyone has tried some crucial ballistix 2gb pc4000 in this board yet :D

no but i will try to get to it (though most are moving away from Ballistix because of their high failure rate)

Guest bradmax57
no but i will try to get to it (though most are moving away from Ballistix because of their high failure rate)

oh god please dont let mine die :( ive had them for about 6 months now and seem to have been flaweless fingers crossed

Yep I do that precisely with PC 4000 ram; set it as PC 3200 and put my CPU freq at 250. Naturally, I manually set all my memory values.

While I am here:

Use a single stick of ram in the orange slot furthest from the CPU when installing. (As RGone pointed out.)

Do a full format, not a quick format, of the drive where you are installing your OS.

Install without any add in cards other than graphics present, particularly your sound card. Do that later.

Disable on board sound before putting your sound card in your case.

Try OCZ Tony's BIOS!

Guest bradmax57
Yep I do that precisely with PC 4000 ram. Set it as PC 3200 and put my CPU freq at 250. Naturally, I manually set all my memory values.

sorry do what exactly?