Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Dear All:

Just so you can sleep easy this weekend I can assure you that we are looking at this issue seriously. The case has been clearly laid out and made to DFI HQ. I suspect a solution to present itself shortly in the form of a BIOS update.

Thank you for appearing on the forum with the statement, I for one am pleased that DFI are taking the issue seriously, hopefully should be able to nail a fix soon.

Regards

Raja

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regards my ACHI - running emulated PATA problem I got the following - great news!

Dear User:

Thanks for your information.

We are aware of this issue; our technical support team is currently looking into this issue.

We will keep you inform as soon as we have any update information available.

Best Regard,

Frankie Hsieh

Technical Support Engineer

How this f**kin' crap BIOS works? :(:(

I've set to something that works fine, so it obviously gets saved, when I go back and check it is indeed in Slot1 then I go and start OCing, it frozes under boot, I restart and - AND DOESN'T ***** BOOT UP. No, it doesn't load back the last bootable settings.

So then anybody can tell me WHY TF IS THIS WHOLE SLOT1-2-3-etc crap is there?:(

Thanks Bulldog for the update

And if your feeling really generous - raise the issue why some people (me being one) cannot run in ACHI mode - and have to run emulated PATA off the ULI controller. Thanks!

If you mind me asking, What exactly is AHCI mode?

Guest eva2000
If you mind me asking, What exactly is AHCI mode?

Advanced Host Controller Interface = SATA

Ok, I've posted my specs in my sig, hopefully that will help a little. I'm going to admit, before I bought this board this week, I hadn't really heard of DFI, but I read good things about it on Newegg. And I had the money to blow on a topline system, so I went with what appeared to be the best.

I'm sure some of my bios settings are less than optimal, I haven't kept up on tech as much as I should, I buy a new computer every 3 years or so, so I get a little lazy.

My machine seems to run fine for a while as long as I'm not installing Oblivion :P Though My CPU fan seems to behaving erraticly (sometimes it doesn't spin up fully, it just sort of twitches) I'm going to shut everything down after I finish this post and switch the fan plug around.

In my event viewer after a crash I get "Event ID: 9" "The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period."

*Edit edit edit*

I download the Winflasher but my system appears to be running a pheonix bios, "Onboard Bios not award Bios!" CPU-z shows me running Phoenix Tech, TLD Version 6.00 PG date 03/28/2006

Gor

My machine seems to run fine for a while as long as I'm not installing Oblivion :P Though My CPU fan seems to behaving erraticly (sometimes it doesn't spin up fully, it just sort of twitches) I'm going to shut everything down after I finish this post and switch the fan plug around.

The CPU fan twitching is probably due to the bios, there is a setting there that if the CPU temp is less than 25 degrees C then it will shut off the fan, the machine is probably just cold.

As for installing Oblivion, I managed to install it myself, you might be unlucky an the machine just happens to be freezing at the time that you are installing Oblivion. Wait for the machine to freeze, then immediately after install Oblivion.

All righty! I installed the latest bios that someone had a link to above. It seems to have solved my issue (Well that and a complete re-install of Windows :P ) Haven't had a crash yet.

Oblivion looks amazing in HDR.

Now to start installing the rest of my programs.

Gor

Update.

1. Changed my raptors to an exact matched pair. WD1500ADFD

2. Rebuilt the Raid array with 64k Stripe this time

3. Imaged my OS's back onto the Drive

M5288 issue is still there i'm afraid :(

Also tried the beta bios and i can not get The SIL and ULI controlers to work together - the issue in this respect is exactly the same :(