Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I'm running the beta bios too, although I'm not using both controllers. The issue remains for me too. Simon, I suspected it would not go away with the pair of hd's, as I'm already using a pair...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HDD's have frozen for me a total of 8 times today, I noticed that the time that when it happens is reset when windows is restarted.

It happens almost exactly 1 hour after startup then almost exactly 2 hours therafter. Sounds like I am taking medication :)

How this f**kin' crap BIOS works? :(:(

I've set to something that works fine, so it obviously gets saved, when I go back and check it is indeed in Slot1 then I go and start OCing, it frozes under boot, I restart and - AND DOESN'T ***** BOOT UP. No, it doesn't load back the last bootable settings.

So then anybody can tell me WHY TF IS THIS WHOLE SLOT1-2-3-etc crap is there?:(

I've noticed that cmos reloaded acts flaky at times. Sometimes when I flash a new bios and reload from a slot not all settings are entered correctly. So, I never use it and just write things down on paper.

looks like you have not read the rules, before AG gets here update your signature (should have all system specs and bios revision, read the forum rules!), read this thread from the start, it's most certainly an older bios that's too tight. If this is the case, I can see why AG gets annoyed, poeple post without researching first...

Also tried the beta bios and i can not get The SIL and ULI controlers to work together - the issue in this respect is exactly the same :(

Been playing about with the new bios 05/19/2006, which seems to have disapeared from the DFI Beta site now.

All i wanted was to run raid on the ULI and SATA on the SIL.

What this Bios does do is...

First it runs the ULI Raid...

Then it tries to run the SIL.

It still fails to execute the SIL and shows warning messages... however, because the ULI runs first we do get some results...

I have setup 2 Raid 0 arrays on the ULI Plus added a single Maxtor 200GB SATA to the SIL connector. The Bios has ULI Raid and SIL SATA set.

I get the SIL error / warning message on boot, but windows sees the maxtor good as gold.

Conclusion... Functionally the Bios does work for ULI Raid and SATA on the SIL

It is not perfect yet. With ULI raid you can not use SIL Raid because the Boot SIL Bios does not run. Anyway, i'm happy ;)

Posted this at Xs...if you have issues with the board acting weird after you have been overclocking you need to read this.

Guys

When pushing your board you may just push it a little to far, the issue then is the board does not seem to overclock nice..infact you usually end up thinking you broke it or it just went bad.....issue is cmos has been corrupted, the cmos you can not see.

The fix is to clear this cmos from DOS

with this tool, load up pure dos, then run the exe here, it clears the cmos completely and allows the board to perform as it should.

I will be adding this info to my guide on BE also, the issue seems to be the the ULI south bridge and does hold the board back if pushed hard. Also for high clocks do NOT run raid, the best is to run an IDE drive, second best is a SATA drive but you will lose upto 10fsb if you run raid unless you are off the SI controller.

thx for the tool Tony

btw, using Tony's guide, I'm working on 250x10 with a Venice using the following:

DFI CFX3200-DR 4.17.2006 BIOS

3200+ Venice

2x1GB OCZ PC4000EB @ 3-3-8-2

2x X1900XT Crossfire

Maxtor IDE 80GB hdd (using an IDE-to-SATA adapter)

Asus 52x CD-ROM

OCZ Powerstream 520w psu

Thermalright XP-90 cooler

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20506

more specifically, using this as a starting point:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost....547&postcount=3

250x10 @ 2500Mhz is busting out Prime95, and here's the kicker

I've got an Asus P5WD2-E 975X board running this:

Pentium D 930 (3Ghz per core, 2MB L2 per core, 65nm)

2x1GB OCZ PC2-8000 (DDR2-1000Mhz) @ 5-5-5-15

2x X1900XT Crossfire (975X Chipset has native Xfire support!)

36GB Raptor 10,000RPM hdd

Asus 52x CD-ROM

OCZ GX 700w psu

DangerDen TDX watercooling

the CFX3200-DR board with the Venice?

2500Mhz so far

the Asus Pentium D board?

3750Mhz per core so far

in gaming...the Venice is STILL holding the lead...though the 3dmark2006 score favors the Pentium D since it is a dual-core cpu, and Aquamark...there's a very real difference in graphics performance (14,300-ish for the A64 board in crossfire, 19,500+ for the Intel board!), but in 03 and 05, the AMD board rules at 1250Mhz less cpu speed.

FEAR and HL2 Lost Coast and other games will get some testing time once I get 8h Prime95 stable on the DFI Xfire board ;)

Hi Guys - after many battles with my rig.....

in my sig are highest stable conf i achieved so far....no crossfire yet thats my single card conf.....im pretty satisfied......still want to go @ 3Ghz on air.....possible for a few minutes...than crash....think ill have to go watercooling....

CPU voltage 1.472 - load temperature 56 C (max) - dont think ill go any higher than this - little scared to fry it ;)

RAM voltage 2.83 - 3 3 2 3!!! - memtest without problems....seems i got lucky with those mushkin redlines :)

3dmark 01 - 36383

3dmark 03 - 21075

3dmark 05 - 13068

3dmark 06 - 6683

I was able to find the 5-19 beta bios on the Taiwan website. I flashed the bios and can also now use the SIL controller with a single sata hdd with my ULI controller running Raid 0. I also get the error warning but at least it seems to work. :)

I'm plowing 29,000+ in 03 with a 2500Mhz 3200+ Venice and stock-speed X1900XT's with EB (same as your redline but these are set for 3-3-8-2), and 12,373 in 05, and 6676 in 05 (dual core's make a huge difference as well as SLI/Xfire 2nd gpu lol)

I've busted 11,000 on 05 with a Pentium D dual core @ 3750Mhz per core, and 8700 on 06 with it (using X1900XT Crossfire's)

if your Redlines are the same IC's as OCZ EB's, you should only need about 2.55v-2.65v (but they vary also)

what kind of cooler on that FX-60?