Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I am not sure, the interesting thing is that the RD580 is supposed to be a cooler running chipset, yet it seems to either be reading hotter or acutally running hotter than most nForce4 chipsets.

I am wondering if the sensors are off.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eva2000

actually the CFX3200-DR board itself runs cooler than NF4 just the components on it run hotter it seems i.e. cpu and ram

Guest eva2000

chipset temps i mean in terms of delta between idle and load temps

that may be true I have not been tracking that.

Still, 47c on a chipset is pretty hot and during some of my stress testing I have hit 50c

so either the sensors are mis-reporting the temps or the chipset is running realy hot.

I am hoping it is mis-reporting.

I get this issue too.

I'm doing some research into it, but it takes so long to test.

I get stuttering or a complete driver failure when playing music for a decent period of time. Normally between 40 mins and an hour.

I have 3 OS's installed and so far it only happens on one of them.

Things I have tried....

1. Setting Enable Native Command Queue.

2. Installing the latest ULI Driver from the Nvidia Site

3. Adjusting RAM and Processor settings in the Bios.

I think this is going to be a driver issue myself or in IRQ allocation problem.

Guest eva2000

deltas are really only values you can compare since room/ambient temps can differ as well as temp sensors

Hi Guys,

I had similar problems with my Raptor's 74GB, I can setup the raid 0 volume via the ULI raid controller, however when I tried to clean install win XP i would get several errors. I also have 2 250GB WD cavier SATA drives and did the same operation with no problems. Win XP installed flawlessly and ran great. After doing this I installed the WD digital life diagnostic tool and connceted the 2 Raptors as a single drive configuration and ran the WD diag tool. When the WD diag tool loaded it could not identify my Raptors at all, even if i tried to load the tool via DOS it would not see the drives. Long story short the raptor drives have a 5 year warranty on them, I went to the WD site and selected warranty service, filled out the online RMA form and selected Advance Replacement where WD holds $150.00 per drive on my CC and they ship out the hard drive to me. I recieved the HD's on Friday of last week and created a RAID 0 volume and clean installed everything with no problem. Finally I have my PC the way I intended to have it setup from the begining 2x Raptor Raid 0 and 2 WD 250GB Raid 0 and boy is this machine fast. Well that is my 2 cents, hope it helps. Oh before I forget I filled out the online RMA form from WD on 05/02/06 and recieved the replacement 05/05/2006 SUPER FAST TURN AROUND!!!

Hi,

I recieved a prompt response from DFI this morning, so fingers crossed we can get a fix soon..

Dear Raja:

Thanks for your information.

We will look into this issue, and keep you inform if we have any update

information available.

Best Regard,

Frankie Hsieh

Technical Support Engineer

DFI Inc.

Office/Hsi-Chih Factory:

100, Huan-Ho St, Hsi-Chih City,

Taipei Hsien, Taiwan, R.O.C.

Tel : (886-2)2694-2986 * 683

Fax : (886-2)2694-5815.2694-3221

There is european support ya know m8? Just saying..

@Spajdr,

Moving drives from one RAID controller to another is tricky, usually you will not be able to do it.

the drive name and array format may still be there but the data is usually not accessable.

if you have a drive large enough you can try to image your current data to is and then imgae to the SIL controller once it is setup.

you will have to do a reapir install to fix the HAL other wise you will get an inaccessable boot device error.