Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uar.. Good question.. i can't remember, not sure at all..

I have make a manual update certainly with the ULI driver, directly by the system cfg..

I have install the ATI driver for Northbridge... and :confused:

Need say, the poor error i have ( 1 time in 2 weeks), have absolutely not impact at all during games or use.. no really i have just look the eveent viewer and see an error have occured at 0H50.. or i was working or playing at this time, and i have see nothing anormal... Before, when i have get the errors, my PC was freezing some seconds, and if it happend on agames.. it will make crash the games... now it's fine.

there are no drivers for ati northbridge. its not nvidia

There are AFAIK, they come with your Catalyst install .... I would imagine it has to have drivers ... or at least it would be compatible with the (Intel?) ones built into XP?

It's not a driver like Nvidia.. it's a component of the Catalyst: here taken by the note, like i mod driver i ghave check too the files of the driver .. there's to reference to the "chipset" Cfire

aas5.jpg

I don't think this have a real importance before you use Cfire.. But if you open ATI-tool, you will see a device and this device is the ATI chipset.. and this one is marked like using the Catalyst you have installed... ( in my case XG Warcat 6.7)

a1nj5.jpg

Need say i have absolutely not idea what do this " part of driver" and what is the utilisation.

I think you might have installed onboard video drivers. and ati tool is looking at it as a second device.

However,

I am not sure so please do not think I am trying to one-up anyone with these answers. just trying to figure it out myself.

I think the components you found were for ati's sb450/ i do see southbridge support in the notes but none for the northbridge

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1085215

No onboard video drivers.. you know there's no onboard GPU's in CFX3200, RX200 etc..... i think this is the the processor for use the Cfire... not sure at all.. I m likeyou, i have many interrogations about this processor , if you look the amount of memory, it's exactly the same you have available for PCI express , and PCI.. the processor is certainly the ATI Northbridge.. Really i m not sure at all... But we can image easy, they update the northbridge with this Catalyst for Cfire support.

hey i disabled the raid setup but still used the raid rom and f6 method and machine is mucho better (single drive mode on sata port 0 but still with raid rom) not an error now with the new beta driver. Time will tell.

(hate not having my raid 0 array though, want it back.)

If you can perhaps try setting up a RAID array using windows, it would be interesting to see if there are problems or not.

If there are none, it might point to the RAID code being the issue .... I hope DFI/ULI are actually testing with 4-drive RAID0/5 arrays .....

If you can perhaps try setting up a RAID array using windows, it would be interesting to see if there are problems or not.

If there are none, it might point to the RAID code being the issue .... I hope DFI/ULI are actually testing with 4-drive RAID0/5 arrays .....

hmm ok but first i will image the installation.

edit. oh i thought you meant raid in bios umm ok i see how it goes

so you still aint got hold of that opteron?