Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Harsh realm...

Out of curiosity, are you using default BIOS settings for your "South Birdge"? Wondering whether to tweak or not when I give these drivers a go.

Only disabled on-board audio... I hope it was a glitch or a failing 160GB Maxtor. The other Maxtor (bought 2 of them at the same time) died on me last month... :P

Running the OS on the Raptors btw..

ChkDsk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only disabled on-board audio... I hope it was a glitch or a failing 160GB Maxtor. The other Maxtor (bought 2 of them at the same time) died on me last month...

Running the OS on the Raptors btw..

ChkDsk

Ouch! Not sure what to hope for on that front... Good luck either way and thanks for the info.

Thought: Would the Karajan audio get in the way of hard drive operation? Not too keen on buying more parts right now.

Well, tried a fresh install from my Winders CD with the beta ULi drivers. Here it is:

error.jpg

Guess it's back to the drawing board for DFI and ULi. You'll be getting a fresh email with all my system specs in the morning, I guarranty that. This is getting downright ridiculous.

Please for a moment let me re-itterate something....

With a single drive on the ULI(IE no raid drivers needed)By looking at the times in event viwere one can see that the errors occur during windows install as well.

THIS IS NOT A RAID DRIVER ISSUE PERIOD!IT IS EITHER A:BIOS

or B:MANUFACTURING DEFECT(which would explain some peoples success and others not)

I have lost all faith in DFI because whoevers problem it is DFI made the board and is not taking responsibility for the problem,clearly,by continuing to INSIST it is a ULI Driver issue

CFX3200(BIOS 425)

AMD 4000 (Zalman cooler)

OCZ GX 700

2G Corsair XMS 3200 Twinx2048-3200c2pt (2326 CAS2)

Audigy 2ZS

ATI 1900xtx

2x120G Seagate SATA I on the SIL

Masaki, I hate to be rude, but I still need to use SATA drivers to install Windows. I simply cannot format the drive without loading those drivers. I'm not saying the problem isn't BIOS or manufacturing related, just that you can't rule out the drivers based solely on the fact that I don't have a RAID array.

So I'd like to reiterate: Those drivers are essential to installing Windows, regardless of whether you have a RAID array or not. Before you shoot me down, YMMV.

DFI, I'm going to play the waiting game because I paid $213 plus shipping for this f'n motherboard and I expect it to work as advertised. Or you can send me a new one. Those beta drivers do not work. Please take Masaki's suggestion and look elsewhere. I'll be sure and send your tech support an email tomorrow that repeats this message. Because I and everybody else here want our money's worth.

A/HG, Rgone, whoever, this is general frustration not directed at you. I haven't said it, but I do appreciate your presence and your posts have helped immensely. Thanks for all the help.

Edit: I reset my BIOS to defaults before the last install, which set the SATA drives to Emulated PATA. I tried to install without the drivers and I could not finish a format of the drive.

Martin Baugh: To clarify your current setup, you have the official 4/25 bios and the beta driver? (might want to update your sig then). Also, were you stressing your system the way that ChkDsk was?

Hey SupremeEvil: Are you folks testing on the 4/25 bios too? If so, should we all roll back? By the way, I'm not as pissed any more, since you decided to dogfood the beta to us to play with. At least we know you guys are still listening. I'm confident that you'll do the right thing and fix this problem eventually. Also, as ChkDsk mentioned, don't forget the bios problem with the Silicon Image controller (and, I might add, with add-in cards as I mentioned earlier in this thread--I would like at least a fall-back position in case the uli problem can't be solved).

This just sucks guys, the guy I am selling my system to, minus the raptors and x1900 is going to be using a 320gB WD driver as primary boot, hope he is able to use the uli effectively, will give him a copy of the beta drivers so he can boot with that, he also going to be dual booting to linux.

Speaking of linux, didn't someone boot to linux on the ULi and have this issue, gee one would think that would make it apparent that it was not a windows based driver issue.

This is why I sold the board, DFI has refused to accept the fact it is on their end,a nd does not want to fix it, they want to blame the chipset, not the bios/board

Good luck guys, will let you know if my friend has better luck than I did...

Hi all,

Just a thought, it might be an idea for everyone to put a little note in their signature about the ULI issue? That way people will see it even if you post in another thread.

It might also give a better idea of numbers of people with the problem and what systems have it.

(or is that forbidden?)

As a side note, I just moved from the A8R32-MVP board, it worked flawlessly with the drives, it's even the same array as I was using. The DFI does seem to be a lot faster though when not freezing.

Cheerio!

Just for give more precision, cause for the moment i have not the problem with this new betat driver:

- First no restore of anything, just original CD windows XP Pro sp2.., then resintall my games driver and software,

my spec:

- 2x Hitachi 160Go SATA II , Raid 0, stripe size 16K..Partition system fully formated..before install.. No restore soft used..

- the beta driver above dated 19.07.2006

- Beta bios 043C for the DFI

- WIN XP Pro SP2

- all onboard sound desactivate and Azalia link disabled in bios, the Realtek module is not installed on the board..

- Silicon Imagie disabled in bios.

- all voltage up ( NB, LDT, SB, etc..), Impedance at 31 for HTx 4 or x 5, for my OC..

- ATI beta 6.7 ( non whql)

One important thing to know, i know many Overclockers from different site (Xtremesystems for ex.) using the same Raid0 and same HDD Hitachi SATA2, and they have not this problem with ULI..

For the moment i have not see any problem with this beta driver, but the little errors i have got have only appears sometimes in many weeks...

I installed WinXP on a fresh array (64k) with the latest drivers slipstreamed in the install cd. But did a quick format, not a full. And the problem is still there. Will try a full format but this makes me sad. :(