Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

That is sad news, as that seems as though DFI is laying it off on ULI and not looking into it themselves, through a possible bios bug, sad news indeed, this is by far the best mobo I have ever owned, and this is the ONLY complaint I have about the board, I can live with the SiL Chipset, but would prefer the ULI, so not a deal breaker, just annoying.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All:

Here we would like to update our ULI SATA beta driver test result to our users.

We received this ULI SATA Beta driver from ULI in the middle of last week, thanks for "bmorgan98" keep everyone informed on this thread while we were conducting our verification tests.

Currently we already finished our verification processes of this latest ULI SATA Beta driver, however we feel sorry to say, our tests result shows no obvious improvement on this issue.

We already informed ULI about our test result, basically now the debug processes is back to ULI again.

We urged ULI to accelerate their debug processes and gave them more pressure as so many of our users are waiting for this new SATA driver.

Hopefully they would release a new SATA driver sooner.

Again, we feel sorry for not being able to provide you a new driver at the moment, we will keep you inform for any update information.

You bugger! You got it posted before i did argh lol.

This is a shame! cause i did hear about all the hype about this uli 1575 chip best nearly all the best and now i actually wish dfi had gone with sb450 ati chip (even with its slow usb/sata 1.5) at least it would have had reliable sata.

So erm how can we speed up this process happy_games? can we foward our issues directly to uli or is there no point to that?

I suppose by now they are well aware of this but if we could put forward this issue to them could they remedy a fix any faster?

Happy_Games you seem to be amoung the few that this issue does not happen. You are SOooo lucky. Ah well back to sil image for now.

Wtf, this hasn't got anything to do with the driver has it, it can't be if people with single HDDs are getting this problem.

How can we get in touch with Oskar Wu directly, he must be able to shed some light on this.

All the time my raid was crashing, i thought i had a bad stick of ram on one of the cards :(

My raid was working fine on my a8r-mvp, never thought to check even viewer to see what the problem was..

I hope they fix this soon, I cant imagine they would let a design flaw make it into final product.

Emmett

Well if they don't pull their finger out of their collective arses soon, I'm going to post on as many forums as I possibly can and write to as many Tech sites about this problem and the lack of support we've had.

I mean, why the crap can't DFI sort it through a bios update yet ASUS can? DFI are taking the piss.

I would imagine having to design the Conroe mobo around the on-board memory controller while at the same time fleshing out an AM2 mobo that are both up to the usual DFI potential in OC is taking unforeseen amounts resources. I've faith that it will be resolved but I don't think a driver will do it. We shall see...

Well if they don't pull their finger out of their collective arses soon, I'm going to post on as many forums as I possibly can and write to as many Tech sites about this problem and the lack of support we've had.

I mean, why the crap can't DFI sort it through a bios update yet ASUS can? DFI are taking the piss.

Can you please do that. That way no one will buy our mobo's when we want to sell them! Thanks!

I suppose dfi have to wait on a hotfix from uli before they can implant it into a bios. As far as i am concerned ULI is to blame.

The Asus is a totally different Designed bios. Not to meantion it has a different pcb layout. I really think we have a major Overclocking board here and that the asus equivalent hasent nearly got half the options in bios that the cfx3200 has.

What I cant understand is that some people have no problems with there board,s but others have the problem this must be either poor quality control or not enough pre sales testing. If they cant sort the problem they should give a refund or a working replacement. I have had the problem for over three months. Does it only cause problems with SATA or is IDE srewed up as well.

I suppose dfi have to wait on a hotfix from uli before they can implant it into a bios. As far as i am concerned ULI is to blame.

The Asus is a totally different Designed bios. Not to meantion it has a different pcb layout. I really think we have a major Overclocking board here and that the asus equivalent hasent nearly got half the options in bios that the cfx3200 has.

Damn tootin'! This board is just awesome for tweakers that can't stand having anything set to auto :D So are the NF4 versions though. I can see how users are upset having paid extra which should be some incentive to iron out a pretty decent bug like this however. I agree that this looks to me, and I'm no expert nor engineer on the matter, that the ULi chip is to blame. And part of the blame of having to use the chipset should go to ATI for not getting RS600 out in volume. Saving it for AM2 just makes me :rolleyes:

What I cant understand is that some people have no problems with there board,s but others have the problem this must be either poor quality control or not enough pre sales testing. If they cant sort the problem they should give a refund or a working replacement. I have had the problem for over three months. Does it only cause problems with SATA or is IDE srewed up as well.

I am not sure of ide cause i only have sata, in eventviewer i get a few atapi errors for my dvdrw but i can play/record disc properly.