Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I have an IDE hard drive installed into my system right now as the main drive, due to SATA problems that sound a lot like what is in this thread, so either I am lucky to have the IDE side run fine, and just have the bad luck with the SATA side, or it is a SATA controller only problem.

The SATA drive is installed in the system on the other controller, though I will be testing tonight on the ULI controller to see if I get any problems with it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all I have tried installing IDE Drive and have had no problems with freezing or hard drive lock ups. So it looks as if it is only a problem with the ULI SATA Controller, I had the problem and DFI advised that I RMA the Board which I did at my own cost, It came back with the stock BIOS and still had the problem. They would not replace the board for a working model or for a different working model. I think that for the price of this motherboard if DFI do not get it sorted they will start to get a very bad reputation, and there sales will start to suffer.

well kinda sad guys but im glad im not on my own with this problem i thought was just a bios setting i had wrong but well it aint! some come on dfi read the @#@$% forums and fix this prob... when ya online gaming its not nice when ya get frozen for 10 seconds grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anybody see this one yet?

July 18, 2006 02:21 AM

Dear ******:

Thanks for asking.

We were told by ULI said they will send a new driver to us tomorrow.

We understand your frustration and thanks for your patience.

We will let you know as soon as we have any test result available.

Best Regard,

Frankie Hsieh

Technical Support Engineer

If we're lucky maybe a week or two, although I'm beginning to cross over into the BIOS problem camp. I guess the trick here is to bug the sh** out of them and make sure you get your regular update.

I genuinnely think that i have a good psu that can handle 500w with 32A max load. I now think that this maybe a struggle because my system is TOTALLY TOTALLY rubbish (reboots every 10-15mins depending on cpu load) when i have additional power supplied to the 12v connector (below the ram).

Now if there is no 12v supply to that connector the system IS TOTALLY STABLE now primed over 24 hrs (everything stock).

So i guess i dont have enough power?

well kinda sad guys but im glad im not on my own with this problem i thought was just a bios setting i had wrong but well it aint! some come on dfi read the @#@$% forums and fix this prob... when ya online gaming its not nice when ya get frozen for 10 seconds grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hear you on this..........i'm running raid as well and get 5-10 second freezes during WoW and it really pisses my off. I've tried the latest beta bios also.......same thing.....

I hear you on this..........i'm running raid as well and get 5-10 second freezes during WoW and it really pisses my off. I've tried the latest beta bios also.......same thing.....

Looks like i will just try running raid on the Sil 3114 controller.......

July 18, 2006 02:21 AM

Dear ******:

Thanks for asking.

We were told by ULI said they will send a new driver to us tomorrow.

We understand your frustration and thanks for your patience.

We will let you know as soon as we have any test result available.

Best Regard,

Frankie Hsieh

Technical Support Engineer

Dear All:

Thanks for "poopshotgun" kept you guys inform about our progress on this issue.

Today we just received a new version of driver as they promised. At the moment, we are testing this new driver, we sould have a preliminary test report available tomorrow afternoon.

ULI seems very confident this time, we hope we will have good news for you guys tomorrow.

Dear All:

Thanks for "poopshotgun" kept you guys inform about our progress on this issue.

Today we just received a new version of driver as they promised. At the moment, we are testing this new driver, we sould have a preliminary test report available tomorrow afternoon.

ULI seems very confident this time, we hope we will have good news for you guys tomorrow.

Fingers crossed... Again.

I hate to be the naysayer but this problem exists pre-drivers install(not drivers its a BIOS problem)

With a SINGLE SATTA 2 drive installed on the uli it will still exhibit these behaviours previous to or seperately from driver install.

Taking the clean disk,setting up the board as recomended and proceding to install the OS

if you take note of the times you can verify that through event viewer the timeouts also occured during the install of the OS.

Thus leading ME,IMO to see that it's BIOS related

Now my fears are becomeing greater that I'll just have to deal with this board only on the SIl as,in my belief it's a BIOS thing they aren't even looking in the right place. :(

CFX3200(BIOS 425)

AMD 4000 (Zalman cooler)

OCZ GX 700

2G Corsair XMS 3200 Twinx2048-3200c2pt (2326 CAS2)

Audigy 2ZS

ATI 1900xtx

2x120G Seagate SATA I on the SIL

Masaki, you need the RAID/SATA drivers in order to install Windows. If you do not load the drivers Windows will be unable to finish a format of a single drive. YMMV, but I fought with the thing for a whole day until I used that little diskette to load the drivers. I believe this may be a solution simply due to that fact.

I hate to be the naysayer but this problem exists pre-drivers install(not drivers its a BIOS problem)

With a SINGLE SATTA 2 drive installed on the uli it will still exhibit these behaviours previous to or seperately from driver install.

Taking the clean disk,setting up the board as recomended and proceding to install the OS

if you take note of the times you can verify that through event viewer the timeouts also occured during the install of the OS.

Thus leading ME,IMO to see that it's BIOS related

Now my fears are becomeing greater that I'll just have to deal with this board only on the SIl as,in my belief it's a BIOS thing they aren't even looking in the right place. :(

CFX3200(BIOS 425)

AMD 4000 (Zalman cooler)

OCZ GX 700

2G Corsair XMS 3200 Twinx2048-3200c2pt (2326 CAS2)

Audigy 2ZS

ATI 1900xtx

2x120G Seagate SATA I on the SIL

The errors while installing XP disappear after properly clearing cmos/f_tester/killcmos and reflashing :) The errors in Windows, I dont know... We can only hope its a driver issue. But I got myself a Adaptec 1210SA in the mean time.