Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I have been on the sil for 3 weeks, just gave up ont he uli, performace is noticably hindered, but not as bad as the pauses and errors

I have not tried chkdsk new method, kinda tired of reinstalling, if mor epeople can verify this result, will give it a go.

Congrats chkdsk, and way to go, great work on this, you have really pushed hard to find a solution and I appreciate it.

EDIT:

the more I think about this, the more tempted I am am to try it out, lol, got burned every other time though...

have to work 7 of next 8 days, so maybe wait it out, and see if there are anymore success stories

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been on the sil for 3 weeks, just gave up ont he uli, performace is noticably hindered, but not as bad as the pauses and errors

I have not tried chkdsk new method, kinda tired of reinstalling, if mor epeople can verify this result, will give it a go.

Congrats chkdsk, and way to go, great work on this, you have really pushed hard to find a solution and I appreciate it.

EDIT:

the more I think about this, the more tempted I am am to try it out, lol, got burned every other time though...

have to work 7 of next 8 days, so maybe wait it out, and see if there are anymore success stories

Thanks.

It was about 31-32°C outside and I couldnt go outside cause of medication, so I had plenty of time. I hope people will try it. I noticed also a lot of people who are not having lock-ups are using new disks. Can anyone verify this? Maybe try a low level format on another system and start with 100% clean disks on the ULi helps also?

ChkDsk,

I tried your procedure during lunch but I am having some problems still. Did all the BIOS crap, enabled ULi HPET, booted Windows, installed 220 ULi drivers, reboot, got the fastest boot time I ever had on the ULi controller. No errors until I opened Defrag, then BAM! Since I only had about 40 minutes to do this, I can't really say it's a success yet. Few things I need to do first:

1. Figure out at which P2P Queue Depth Windows will boot. It certainly doesn't at 3.

2. Figure out how to disable write caching on the WD drive (or whether that's a RAID setting).

3. Change some voltages and reset my OC settings.

4. Save a BOOTABLE copy of my BIOS settings before monkeying around.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, it looks promising so far.

the powerstrip method almost works for me except that boot is slow, and the board does lockup constantly before powerstrip can load. today, it actually froze before it even started loading windows. i would reinstall windows and use the sil controller, except i have better things to do for now... and i see no extended amount of free time i'll have any time soon... thanks dfi!

Yep ive had enough, not with the pausing ...only because ive gotten that down to only happening once shortly after boot up. Im fedup with the constant failure to boot up!! One out of three attempts is a failure (freezes/disk error, etc) and when it does boot up poroperly it takes about 30-60 sec..when it should only take 5-10sec....

So back to my A8R32...although im gonna miss all the features (bios/accurate temps etc) that dfi offered but the time has come...!

here's how this works

since I cannot reproduce the problem, I've had to direct you to [email protected] as they are the ones who write the bios, not me.

I've already forwarded them plenty of emails from users from this forum. If you are still having a problem it is imperative that you contact that email address and demand that something be done about it since it is going on more than 2 months and still no fix, nor any real bios update since a beta 5/23

Let me warn you all that the first one even thinks of saying I'm copping out and making you do the support, you don't know the first thing about me apparently and I better not even see you say such nonsense.

I do what I can for you but I am not the engineer, and I am not the bios writer, and I am not the bigshot in Taiwan that decides what to fix and when to fix it. This is Oskar's board and that means this is Oskar's problem and if he can't be bothered to fix it then you need to deluge [email protected] and demand that they fix it.

If they write you back and say it is an ATI/ULI problem then you had better write back to them and demand that they make ATI/ULI fix it since the board carries a DFI name, making it DFI's problem.

Hopefully you will get farther than I have, because I honestly don't think they listen to me anymore about anything...which is pretty dumb since 20,000+ users here can instantly turn against them and make DFI a very poor name in the consumer's mind with statements like "they refuse to fix known problems even when their top two techs have informed them about these problems since day one".

There's the truth and the reality all packaged up for you. You want action, you will have to make it happen as you can sense that I am not getting anywhere or else we would have a very recent bios update or at least one that fixes the problem.

If they won't fix this issue then you should remember that with your wallets the next time you think you see a great overclocking board that this company makes and you want to spend your money on...and spend your money elsewhere because that is the ONLY way maybe you can get them to listen to you (but by then it is too late but even then I don't think those in Taiwan will even understand why it is so important to actually fix something instead of acting like the problem will go away and paying customers will forget about it).

ps: if you called the USA office then you DID get the new tech that has been with us barely a week or two and he was not lying when he said the issue was news to him (he doesn't handle the Lanparty/Infinity stuff as much as Rgone and I do)

Thanks lane for that. I still havent had the chance to do that. Even when I do, I wouldnt know how/where to plug those in!

I have another concern though, and it might be serious. As you know I installed everything you see on my signeture, and it was working fine. I tried fear and other games and it was working. But now over the last 2 days, as soon as I open any 3d, the system simply restarts. Not only that, when it does that, it kinda struggles to restart. All the lights on mobo, fans etc start to fligger. It sounds like tryin to start a 30 year old engine. Does that for like 5 secs then bang its on again. WTF?????????

On gaurdian the chipset shows 42C-47C. Is that bad? And I did flash the board to the latest bios.

Anyone had similar symtops? Did I damage something?

Please guys as I am really worried.

Sent email Today

"Hi

I recently had bought this new board based on its reviews and features but from day 1, i have not been able to get my configuration set up happy.

The main reason for this is the ULI RAID Controller (M5288), I have Provided a link to A Thread with 380+ replies on dfi-street.com

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53169

As you can see from this Thread there are lots of different system setups (Most have good quality components).

Which leads me to believe that this is a DFI/ULI problem, Could you Please Shed some light on this very important motherboard problem.

Please Note this Problem occurs also in a NON-RAID ULI setup (single drive, emulated IDE mode) and is only resolved when using silicon image controller (in my case).

Computer Specification:

DFi Lanparty cfx3200 dr: bios 523 (bought from UK retailer)

1GB corsair 3200xlpro (2x512)(LEDs)

A64 3500 Winchester (stock)

Connect3D X1900XT (no Crossfire setup yet)(pcie slave slot)

Audigy 2 zs (second Middle PCI slot)

Enermax Liberty 500W (8pin+ 24pin)

LG DVDRW 16x (4166B)

2 x WD Raptors 74GB(Raid 0)(on uli sata 0 and sata 1)"

What are the chances of me getting a reply from DFI?

Sent email Today

What are the chances of me getting a reply from DFI?

well

chances are pretty high that you will get a reply

but chances are even higher that they will never follow up on it, or that it will not be a real fix

I hate to be the doomsayer, but you know...this problem has been well documented since the board hit the streets and we all started posting in this section about it

maybe they will prove me wrong and take care of it as quickly as possible. That would be nice then i could go into future threads and alert everyone that it really is wise to send them emails as they will fix it in a timely manner, instead of having to tell the truth that sometimes things take forever to get fixed (if at all).

I hate being so harsh because i love DFI but I'm not going to put pretty bows and ribbons on something for anyone, no matter how mad you or they get lol.

I'd really like a fix for it as it's kinda unbelievable that there's no official bios update since...April? Early May? 5/23 is the bios I am using on my sig-rig and it's holding up fine but that isn't really helpful to all of you having RAID issues.

Please keep this thread updated with any replies you get as others will want to know.

Just got a reply!!!!!

Dear User:

Thanks for your enquiry.

As we previously said on dfi-street forum: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...t=53169&page=10

This sympton was caused by ULI chipset, and ULI just released a Beta driver to us for this issue.

Currently we are testing this Beta driver, we will keep you inform for our test result.

If things go smooth, we should release this Beta driver soon next week.

So they they think is driver related and not bios related. This would be nice.