Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally have everything worked out. I wish I could say for certain, but I believe my PCI to USB problems were do to a bad Bios flash. :confused:

After trying every setting I could think of in the Bios (and reinstalling each time) I finally tried installing XP x64 and wouldn’t you know it, the PCI to USB was working fine in Windows x64. :eek2:

I decided to flash the Bios back to the 4/25 version to see what effect it might have and I found that my floppy drive was having troubles formatting disks. It was at this point that I realized that my floppy drive had to be at least 7 years old.

Long story short, new floppy drive, new Bios flash, everything ok.

2 days running my 165 at 2.9Gb / 1.45v with all hardware and drivers installed now and everything stable. :)

Strangest thing has happen after getting raid working successfully (raid0, stripe 64k, changed default raid name). After trying ram slots 3 and 4 i decide that i would try to put the ram back into dual channel (orange slots) and also i moved my single x1900 into the slave pcie slot, And thus so far no problems.

One thing has to be noted though, i re-run the sisoft sandra memory bandwidth and before this i was on the silicon image and 426 bios and got roughly 6800MB/s. And now while on the uli setup with same ram settings but with 523 bios i get 5800-5900MB/s.

But i think my troubles are now over time will tell. but so far no errors with raid.

Ok guys, just got the OCZ GameXtreme 700W PSU today, hooked it all up, still does the same thing, power supply is good, hooked it up and it works find in other comps but i still get the flicker of power and then nothing. Any new suggestions?

theonlybabyface: what drives are you using, as this seems pretty specific to western digital drives, primarily the raptors

bmorgan, glad you found a fix, wish i had the same luck, back on the sil chip as I have had just about enough of the uli

The uli is working fine with no errors with one maxtor 250gB drive hooked to it

I have weird problem for stabilise my BH5 kit.. (UTT-BH5 TeamXtreem Zeus PC 4000)..

Someone have see problem with this type of DDR.. 3Hours 50min Prime stable memtest windows, 3000% passed Super Pi32M stable... but allways crash under 3D06.. the first SM3.0 test after the 2 CPU tests..

Delay at 300-450ps.. orange slots..

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3687/16zt2.jpg

I have try too with this different settings:

Tref: at 3120 and 3684

DDS: 5, 4 , 3 , 2

DDDS level 1 -> 4

I have try different setting for MAL and Read Preamble..

I have try work on voltage and the most timings i can..

The result is allways the same.. passed 235Mhz, the 3D06 crash...

i have try with lower CPU speed, play on the multiplicator...

My CPU do easy the 3100mhz under water, so i can sort this on troubleshit..

I have try the 0417-425 -519 bios, and i use the Raid0 ULI the 043C ( for fix the DDDS/DDS bug)

I have try with differerent impedance for the BUS HT,LDT

But i really don't arrive stabilise the kit.. I don't know.... the timings related for the board / DDR seems really not stable..

If someone have an idea.. i m lost..

I have weird problem for stabilise my BH5 kit.. (UTT-BH5 TeamXtreem Zeus PC 4000)..

Someone have see problem with this type of DDR.. 3Hours 50min Prime stable memtest windows, 3000% passed Super Pi32M stable... but allways crash under 3D06.. the first SM3.0 test after the 2 CPU tests..

Delay at 300-450ps.. orange slots..

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3687/16zt2.jpg

I have try too with this different settings:

Tref: at 3120 and 3684

DDS: 5, 4 , 3 , 2

DDDS level 1 -> 4

I have try different setting for MAL and Read Preamble..

I have try work on voltage and the most timings i can..

The result is allways the same.. passed 235Mhz, the 3D06 crash...

i have try with lower CPU speed, play on the multiplicator...

My CPU do easy the 3100mhz under water, so i can sort this on troubleshit..

I have try the 0417-425 -519 bios, and i use the Raid0 ULI the 043C ( for fix the DDDS/DDS bug)

I have try with differerent impedance for the BUS HT,LDT

But i really don't arrive stabilise the kit.. I don't know.... the timings related for the board / DDR seems really not stable..

If someone have an idea.. i m lost..

Have you tryed to do 3D05 lowering 12x to 11x ?

That must be CPU error :rolleyes: