Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Is this problem with disk errors and pauses happen only on Windows XP 32 or 64 aswell?

EDIT: I've now got XP 64 installed and still getting the M5288 error but I've yet to see a disk purging error and I'm not getting any pauses either.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pauses are a paging error, an error writing to the page file in windows, so in xp64, the paging structure is different, so seemed to remove those errors, but does nothing about the controller itself.

I just installed a couple Samsung Spinpoints. Still no love from m5288. I get errors every 15 minutes under load.

I also noticed another bios bug, unless someone else has suggestions for me. I couldn't run an add-in sata card (a Promise FastTrak TX2300) while the ULi RAID function was on...Uli had to be set to PATA emulation or else it would show that same "could not invoke" message that shows up when the SIL3114 is on. Also, I couldn't use the SIL3114 at the same time as the add-in card. The add-in drives get detected (the two spinpoints), but the drive attached to the SIL3114 is not.

[i didn't put the add-in card in my sig, because I have since removed it. I don't plan on buying a new 4-port RAID card, because for that price, I might as well buy the asus motherboard.]

I just installed a couple Samsung Spinpoints. Still no love from m5288. I get errors every 15 minutes under load.

I also noticed another bios bug, unless someone else has suggestions for me. I couldn't run an add-in sata card (a Promise FastTrak TX2300) while the ULi RAID function was on...Uli had to be set to PATA emulation or else it would show that same "could not invoke" message that shows up when the SIL3114 is on. Also, I couldn't use the SIL3114 at the same time as the add-in card. The add-in drives get detected (the two spinpoints), but the drive attached to the SIL3114 is not.

[i didn't put the add-in card in my sig, because I have since removed it. I don't plan on buying a new 4-port RAID card, because for that price, I might as well buy the asus motherboard.]

Since the ULi sucks anyway it isnt that hard to overcome. It is hard the overcome the ULi sucks! I tried the Asus driver, enable/disable write cache, no luck.

Damn, this need to be fixed!

I've been thinking though, people who aren't using RAID are getting these problems aswell? If that's the case, it can't be the driver because you only need to load the driver if your using RAID don't you?

Dam you lol, yes that raises a question even if emulated ide is on and i have hooked up a spinpoint 160gb i still get the issue!!!! with no Driver.

Maybe the tech guy is referring to a raid bios? that might be available in the next bios update. with the 523 bios the raid version is 1.20

Dear User:

Thanks for your enquiry.

As we previously said on dfi-street forum: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/show...=53169&page=10

This sympton was caused by ULI chipset, and ULI just released a Beta driver to us for this issue.

Currently we are testing this Beta driver, we will keep you inform for our test result.

If things go smooth, we should release this Beta driver soon next week.

Dear All:

Here we would like to update our ULI SATA beta driver test result to our users.

We received this ULI SATA Beta driver from ULI in the middle of last week, thanks for "bmorgan98" keep everyone informed on this thread while we were conducting our verification tests.

Currently we already finished our verification processes of this latest ULI SATA Beta driver, however we feel sorry to say, our tests result shows no obvious improvement on this issue.

We already informed ULI about our test result, basically now the debug processes is back to ULI again.

We urged ULI to accelerate their debug processes and gave them more pressure as so many of our users are waiting for this new SATA driver.

Hopefully they would release a new SATA driver sooner.

Again, we feel sorry for not being able to provide you a new driver at the moment, we will keep you inform for any update information.