Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Can you guys PLEASE help me.

I just got a DFI Crossfire 3200 board from Monarch Computers today. After getting the board set up in the chassis, the board fires up and starts to post, but as soon as I hit the DELETE key to enter the BIOS, the screen blinks and it goes to a RAID set up screen for 2 seconds, then the screen flickers again and the screen goes black with a blue line across the bottom. Yes, I know, wierd. I think that the BIOS version is the original bios version.

I have used both a PS2 keyboard and a USB keyboard.

So, I can not enter the BIOS for the life of me to adjust anything. However, sometimes if I hit DELETE, it will try to boot off a floppy. When i tried to run MEMTEST, it froze after about 10 minutes.

Does this sound like a RAM issue? WOuld the RAM prevent me from getting into the BIOS? Would errors show up in MEMTEST, or would it just freeze if there was something wrong with the RAM?

My hope is that since I have the first revision of the BIOS, there is an issue with my OCZ RAM, but I don't know. I hope that is the only problem.

Thanks in advance for any information, as can't wait to get this thing up and running.

unplug the cables to enable front usb through the case. the plaug them in later.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the problem manifests for everyone, but it certainly exists, for quite a few of us. Hopefully DFI should find something similar and be able to fix it. I was recording a very important audio file yesterday, the pc had frozen for a few secs, which screwed the recording, I had to start over. Little issues like these can be annoying.

Regards

Raja

Guest eva2000

silly i know but anyone try upping the SB voltage when using ULI SATA Raid .. probably does nothing but worth a try ?

I get this issue too.

I'm doing some research into it, but it takes so long to test.

I get stuttering or a complete driver failure when playing music for a decent period of time. Normally between 40 mins and an hour.

I have 3 OS's installed and so far it only happens on one of them.

I think this is going to be a driver issue myself or in IRQ allocation problem.

After testing on all three os's last night, the problem occurs on all instances. Therefore it is either a bios, hardware issue, driver issue becomes less likley.

get the dual core x2 3800 with an aftermarket cooler and buy a good ram, and u clould overclock that thing easily to 2.7, as i have read from the reviews, that is just my suggestion. good luck

get the dual core x2 3800 with an aftermarket cooler and buy a good ram, and u clould overclock that thing easily to 2.7, as i have read from the reviews, that is just my suggestion. good luck

What he said ^^

Consolidated recent X2 3800 results from Xtremesystems:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attach...80&d=1145639746

Entire thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92953

The current crop of X2 3800 are very nice. I'd probably look for a "TPMW" personally.

Guest eva2000

Changed from Corsair Hydrocool 200 external 1/4" OD H20 cpu cooling to a DIY H20 setup consisting of

1. Silverprop Cyclone SE s939 waterblock

2. Swiftech MCP655 pump

3. Radiical Triple fan Ultra single pass radiator + 3x 120x25mm Xinruilian RDL1225S 71.75cfm fans

4. Pump and rad fans connected @12.4v using Kayl custom 100W adjustable voltage psu

5. 1/2" ID Clearflex tubing

Resulted in a drop in delta (load - idle) from 13-20C to 7-10C :)

Room temp is nice and cool at 25C

Also decided to spice up SmartGuardian interface somewhat and came up with this custom Smart.ini - click on image for larger full screenie.

cpuz_idle_tnn.jpg

cpuburn_load_tn.jpg

I uploaded the Smart.ini i used here

I have now put another sound card in and been playing music for 1 1/2 hours without the issue comming back. Normally i would see the problem within 1 hour.

Anyone getting the stutter issue while using a PCI sound card?

If not, i deduce its an on board sound issue.

I am running the onboard sound in both XP Pro and XP x64 . I have no suttering in any games or video playback.

I ran an HD encoded movie last night with out any problems.

run HD-Tach and see if you are getting any HD thrashing.

On the Asus A8R32-MVP there was a big issue with that. it was eventually corrected with a BIOS patch that moved the Skew to delay 600ps by default.

Do you have the Skew set on yours to Delay 450ps? if left at auto you may be having issue due to that.