Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

i need help, i can't figure out what is wrong... Win XP Pro keeps lockin up on the install, i have replaced at least everything once... I have this new DFI board with 2gb of Corsair 3200 Pro Series ram, a seagate 160 GB barricuda w/ NQD sata 250gb, an 4800+ X2 cpu, and an ATi X1900xt graphics card... This is the 3rd computer i have built and i can't figure out why it keeps hanging on install.. i have replaced the cd-rom, hard drive, ram, at least once now.. i have been tryin to get XP Pro to install for 3 days and i just don't know what is wrong... PLEASE HELP

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need help, i can't figure out what is wrong... Win XP Pro keeps lockin up on the install, i have replaced at least everything once... I have this new DFI board with 2gb of Corsair 3200 Pro Series ram, a seagate 160 GB barricuda w/ NQD sata 250gb, an 4800+ X2 cpu, and an ATi X1900xt graphics card... This is the 3rd computer i have built and i can't figure out why it keeps hanging on install.. i have replaced the cd-rom, hard drive, ram, at least once now.. i have been tryin to get XP Pro to install for 3 days and i just don't know what is wrong... PLEASE HELP

Install Windows using only 1 stick of RAM in the ORANGE slot furthest from your processor. Same happened to me. ;)

Guest burningrave101

This board has just caught my attention the last couple of days and i was wondering what you guys think about it and how it compares to the NF4 SLI-DR Expert? Thats the board i have now and it seems to overclock pretty good but the CPU temperature sensor is way off i know. Are you guys getting better temp readings on the CFX3200-DR? You guys think its a better overclocking board? I may switch even though i only plan to run a single X1900 XTX...

This board has just caught my attention the last couple of days and i was wondering what you guys think about it and how it compares to the NF4 SLI-DR Expert? Thats the board i have now and it seems to overclock pretty good but the CPU temperature sensor is way off i know. Are you guys getting better temp readings on the CFX3200-DR? You guys think its a better overclocking board? I may switch even though i only plan to run a single X1900 XTX...
CPU temps are 8 to 10C off, just add that on and you are good to go.

Why swap if you don't plan on xfire? no need as eXpert will max your ram just as good

Tony, Would the normal ultra-d do the same as an expert when ram clocking? i am having problems getting my uccc to do anything stable over 250. what i thought was stable turned up errors after a bout 5 memtest # 5s. I was thinking about just returning this and getting an ultra D because i dont intend to use croosfire, Dfi never listed the codes for the diagnostic led, I only plan to use 2 dimms ever, and i only use 1 sata hdd, I think that i have ruled out most of the advantages of this boar over the ultra-d. is there something i am missing?

Install Windows using only 1 stick of RAM in the ORANGE slot furthest from your processor. Same happened to me. ;)

thank you for the suggestion... it fails even sooner now... any other ideas will be much appreciated, and again thank you cougar for the suggestion. :nod:

thank you for the suggestion... it fails even sooner now... any other ideas will be much appreciated, and again thank you cougar for the suggestion. :nod:

Did you manually set all the RAM timings? Leaving things on Auto won't work.

2 questions:

With my old Lanparty ut nF4 SLI-DR being repaired has we speak, I've ordered the new CFX3200-DR, with 2 ATi X1900 cards.With the old motherboard, I had 2 raid setups, 4 Hard drives. If I hook up these 2 old setups with this new motherboard, using either the ULi SATA conection or Sil, and put them in RAID, will it erase all my data ?

2.Do you guys recommend the Windows 64 Bit, if I am a gamer ? I checked all my hardware (Mouse, Zboard keyboard, X-fi, Ati cards, etc) and there are dirvers for everything except my scanner (I never use it anyway)

Oh by the way.....Anandtech is about to release a review of this board, I beleive it would be a good idea to send them a email about bugs and fixing them. It could help them recommending this board!

I was thinking someone from the forum, someone important and respected !

Wesley Fink - Senior Memory & Motherboard Editor – [email protected]

i really dont know what to say, my tv works fine but not dvd, it worked before but i dont know what the heck is going on.

Hey FXXfire,

I just thought of something else. Did you install your monitor driver to both the Master and Slave card? I noticed in my Samsung installation tool it recognized both my cards. So I installed my monitor driver to both, slave and master. You may wish to try that if you haven't.

samsunginst9qj.th.jpg

Another question, can you play DVDs with Windows media player with a proper decoder installed?

Well, I guess that means I need to start photographing my BIOS screens.

So far I have been able to use CMOS reloaded without issues since doing what I described earlier then flashing. It may be it just needs to be blanked when upgrading BIOS. I have three of four banks in use now.

If you guys want wait to a week or so you can see if I start crying about instability then you know not to use it. :P

Guest burningrave101
CPU temps are 8 to 10C off, just add that on and you are good to go.

Why swap if you don't plan on xfire? no need as eXpert will max your ram just as good

So you think the temps are off by 8 to 10C? Thats what i was reading in the other thread but that would mean at load i'm hitting around 55C right now with only 1.4V using the stock Opteron cooler. I have a Zalman CNPS9500 but i'm RMA'ing it and the new one should be here Monday. When i had the Zalman on i was still hitting around 38C load at 1.4V which i guess would be around 48C. I guess thats not too bad.

I got another new 165 this past week but i havn't been able to push it much past 2.8GHz yet cause i guess its getting too hot with the stock cooler when i get up in the 2850-2900MHz range. Its another 0610 DPMW.

Some people have had issues with the 6.4 driver. You may wish to remove the CCC, then the driver, reboot, then install the 6.3s if you are using 6.4. If the 6.3s are already on your system; enable write combining again, disable Crossfire, go to the ATi folder in your C drive, under driver select the appropriate OS and install it again right over itself, then go to Ace folder and install the CCC, select the "repair" option, reboot. Enable Crossfire when windows boots, then boot again.

I am actually using intervideo's "dvd pack". I purchased it for the decoder I needed to run my TV tuner and DVDs.

I do know if your OC is not 100% stable sometimes the CCC will not even load. If you are getting odd CLi error messages on boot you may wish to turn down the OC a tad.

When I flashed the 417 BIOS the first time I did not clear my CMOS and I had all of my CMOS reloaded banks full with custom profiles. Then I read OCZ Tony saying it might be possible custom profiles were causing problems with some folks BIOS updates, So I did what I described in my last post above. Cleared the CMOS, reset my ESCD, and effectively blanked my reloaded banks, then flashed 417 thrice as Rgone said to do.

I was having odd occasional reboots. After doing this my ocs improved with my G.skill vastly and the odd occasional reboots disappeared.

thanks for ur help man, yes i am using cat6.4, and may be that is my problem, i dont think it has to do with my oc because i have ran prime95 for 15 hours without errors. i do think its the driver because only with cat6.4 i see this weird corrupted screen right before it goes to the windows screen.

yea i did try windows media player too but same thing happend wont work with crossfire and hardware acceleration at the same time.

and i will try an see if i can find some drivers for my dell 4inch monitor it didnt come with one though when i got it.

alright got it sorted out actullay i upgraded to the bios to the one that was provided in the link on this post, it was dated 4/24/06 but it gave me problems went back to the one one on 4/17 and everything was fine.thanks for ur help