Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSS ATI finally relented and said they would supply me with permanent Crossfire cards lol

looks like Angry might be coming back with a very crow-eating apology to everyone (but not until I am done testing and I really see the difference lol...yes I am hard-headed)

Better get some waterblocks for them from DD. :)

yes mate, it's connected. I can run rock without the extra case fans, but if I plug them in, things start to lock up. I am waiting for some of the new psu's to be released. The new OCZ 700w is based on the FSP Sparkle with a few extra refinements, it's either that or the new Silverstone 750w.

Thanks

Raja

Hope you don't mind if I use you as a guinea pig for PSU ?? :)

Keep me posted!

set your boot drive to be the first in line in Hard Disk Boot Priority

Yes but as soon as I plug a drive into the 1.5Gbs Sli controller the bios grabs it and will only show that drive in the Hard Disk Boot Priority, the RAID volume is no longer a listed option.

Don't use the Sil for now, contact DFI directly and let them know, also contact OCZTony, if it's a bios issue they may be able to include it in their next fix.

Some issues get pushed to the back of bios updates, as there is not enough demand or concern raised. The idea is to find the right people to help with the issue. The problems using the Sil controller have been quite commonplace, so I'd expect them to be addressed soon.

I have not had this issue, as I only use the Uli.

Raja

Yes but as soon as I plug a drive into the 1.5Gbs Sli controller the bios grabs it and will only show that drive in the Hard Disk Boot Priority, the RAID volume is no longer a listed option.

i'll plug a 36GB Raptor into the board (which already has a 2x80GB RAID array on the ATI controller) into the SIL port and see whats up later today when I get back

guys, any idea why i am getting texture corruption and flickering on the screen after an hour of playing oblivion, it was going great, it happened right when it loads the next scene, working fine for an hour and all of the sudden, boom. my system stopped responding, any idea whats going on, do u think its the ati drivers that are having problems wiht crossfire, when it crashed it looked like bunch of blocks of the same image all over, and i did get some corruption on the characters while i was playing, that was about it.

any suggestions will be nice guys.

Low res e-peen marks are always ruled by massively overclocked CPUs. You will see impressive numbers from Intel chips at 4GHz+(P4) and AMD at 3GHz+(actual speed not rating). Just check this thread and see who rules the roost:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66685

If you look at any article that shows actual gameplay benches at 1600x with some level of AA|AF the differences will be much smaller. IMO you need an AMD chip at 2.4 or an Intel at 3.4(P4) for proper Crossfire or SLi support, particularly if we are talking flagship cards, or ones running at their speed. CPUs beyond said speed levels and in those conditions will show some gain and it will be relatively small. Of course you still want the most you can get out of your CPU every little bit helps.

Try this [H]ardOcp article, and they are many more out there that show the same results, Firingsquad and X-bit have done like works:

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

i'll plug a 36GB Raptor into the board (which already has a 2x80GB RAID array on the ATI controller) into the SIL port and see whats up later today when I get back

Thanks for checking into it. I was able to do this with the AR832-MVP but it would show both the single drive and the RAID volume in its list of boot drives. The CFX3200 seems to pick the single drive and put it in the Hard Disk Boot Priority list and not the RAID volume. I already have 4 drives on the ULI with 2 RAID volumes and I was able to disconnect the 2 drives that made up my DATA volume and plug the single 465GB-ish SATA in its place. I could leave it like this and put the DATA RAID volume on the Sli controller but I’m afraid that it will trash the data on the RAID volume that was configured with the ULI controller. Even so I’d still really like to all my 3Gbs drives on the 3Gbs controller. :)

Thanks again for the help. I have a feeling I’ll need more when I try to overclock this bad boy. :P

If i cannot get the ram setting stable soon i think i might return it and grab an nf4 ultra-d. can anyone give me a good reason to keep playing with the ramfor a another week instead of sending it back? I am only using one pci-e slot ( i bought this board, and waitedd I might add, becuase it was suppossed to be better than the ultra-d but i cannot see any reason that can be true and even if it was i dont think it is worth twice the price