Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

hi i am new to this site, any help you can provide would be great of you. i just bought the cfx3200-dr, and i cant get it to work in crossfire, it just freezes when its about to enter a 3d enviorment, 3dmark06, 05 and anygame u name it, my system is as below. sometimes my soundcard wont work even though all the drivers are installed, i have the creative x-fi, i have the dangerden crossfire blocks installed, my system just looks good, but doesn work. it just stopped recognizing my ide cdrom drives as i am typing this. but they come back on

motherboard: dfi cfx3200-dr

bios date 4/6/06 provided by dfi tech. r037bta.bin

xclio 700watt quad rail power supple, 18a on each rail.

cpu athlon fx60

2 cdrom drives.

3X maxline III 300gb harddrives. 1x 500gb wester digital

2gb corsair ddr550 ram with led lights

powercolor x1900xtx and x1900cf edition both with crossfire blocks from danger den

i had the asus a8r32mvp which gave me some problems but not this many, any help would be nice. thanks guys, oh yeah by the way, someone at dfi tech support was able to help me with a latest beta bios but no help there either it didnt fix the crossfire issue..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful, I have tried for the past for days and keep getting server not found errors. thanks

Edit: not so good, it is the 482 infinity manual :(

Nevermind again, I was able to download the correct manual finally. sorry for the trouble

ive flashed it up to OCZ Tony's BTA bios and it is running the 24h Prime95 test right now (about 19 hours into it) so I must say that Tony's bios loosened up the stock bios DRAM timings enough (i've never had OCZ PC4000 EB fail at stock speed/timings before this CFX3200-DR board, so looks like the stock bios was just wound up too tight)

Once I get the prime95 testing done with OCZ 4000EB 2GB, I will try some OCZ PC3200 VALUE 2GB, OCZ PC4000 EL Gold 2GB, Corsair PC4000 PT (Samsung UCCC), Ballistix PC4000 2GB, etc

I've no real interest in trying 1GB kits as no one is buying them anymore, and I've got simply too many 2GB kits to test, and once I get 2GB kits into the Stock Speed Database with this board, then I have to go back and begin the overclocking and tutorials and video making etc on it for everyone.

Gonna wait on tutorials until my Crossfire cards arrive as many many people still cannot figure out how to setup crossfire correctly.

Hey, Angry Games, is there anyway you would be able to send me those modded bios for the CFX3200-DR board? If so that would be awesome.. Im using tony's modded bios for my asus motherboard and they work great but the only problem is that the maximum voltage is 1.52 so it wont keep stay stable to save my life. So Ive decided that once I get my check this week Im gonna either pick up the DFI CFX3200-DR mobo or the DFI LanParty UT RDX200 board.

Im debating on throwing down the 200+ to get the new DFI CFX3200 board or just getting the DFI LanParty UT RDX200 board for alot less. I plan on getting a crossfire card later on but im not worried about that right now. Im just trying to get a good crossfire mobo that can overclock my CPU enough so that it wont bottleneck my video card. Because right now ,with my current setup, I can only do htt 3x: ram speed133mhz: 7-3-3-3: 9x270 fsb without games crashing. But games play like crap because my x1900xt is being bottlenecked.

The messed up thing is that my last setup ran alot better in games , i had a x850xt pe and i was overclocking my processor to 2.75 ghz and games flew. Now im stuck sitting here hoping that I can find a good motherboard that will give me the same performance that doesnt cost a arm and a leg.

look around the forums...search tutorial is in the Tutorials section...thats how I found Tony's bios ;)

Yes, I already noticed those bios but i was under the impression that those were the untweaked bios .. I thought you were using the tweaked bios that he posted before hand. The link to the tweaked bios is now down.

Yes, I already noticed those bios but i was under the impression that those were the untweaked bios .. I thought you were using the tweaked bios that he posted before hand. The link to the tweaked bios is now down.

Click the "grab it here" in this link for Tony's BIOS:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpo...9&postcount=475

You will need winrar or some other tool that can deal with .rar files.

Just to update you guys....

I'm getting on much better with the board now. Basically, i have found, that a slow, thoughful process is needed to get the best possible from the board.

I am running Gskill HZ 4000 (2x1GB) UCCC chips. Until i set the ram times totally manually i had no stability at all. I am currently using the times set out here and so far can boot right up to 280FSB, although memtest is failing at over 270.

This is way in advance of my earlier moans.

Other comments - air flow is vital. The chipset seems to get very hot. I have added more cooling.

I'm going to stop reporting in here now and move over to the overclocking forum. I just wanted to say that, despite the earlier DOOM and GLOOM, i am now getting on well. There are still faults... I suppose most of the problem is that the board has sooooo many options (a very good thing really).