Which web browser

250 members have voted

1. 1.

• firefox
    • opera
    • internet explorer
    • other

Firefox.

I was wondering if somebody could help me on something.

I wrote the code for my myspace (I know) which looks fine using Firefox.

However, others who use Internet Explorer have been complaining that certain tables only load half way.

Does anybody know how to fix this/what is causing this?

I looked over the code but couldn't find anything alarming.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internet Explorer... the only browser that works right.

-pickles

heh it's also the only browser with so many security holes, flaws, and exploits that they should have named it Swiss Cheese Explorer

there's only two sites that won't work with Firefox for me...Windowsupdate.com, and Creative Labs' Autoupdate (requires ActiveX)

every other site...now works with Firefox and even those that run ActiveX also run Java applets that do the same thing as ActiveX controls

Firefox, but not without some plugins :) :

1) Adblock - no more ads :)

2) Tab mix plus - so much better than the regular tabs

3) IE Tab - so I can open those IE only pages in firefox (IE in a firefox tab)

4) FlashGot - download managers support and massive/get all downloads

5) Fasterfox - so I can increase the cache size a bit

6) RefControl - so I can control what pages see where I was comming from

7) NoScript - so I can block all JavaScript fast when surfing through those "fishy" pages

8) Translate - so I can activate google/babelfish translator with one click of the button

9) Conquery - send a selection on the web page to the search engine of your choice

10) Reveal - preview and navigate all of the open tabs, looks nice

11) Stylish - so I can easly customize the look of the pages I frequently visit

12) Greasemonkey, DOM Inspector, Console2, XPather, Web Developer, ... - so I can make further modifications t any www page

13) ...

Without the plugins FireFox is plainly good, with the plugins it is the best browser there is!

only difference between mozilla and opera is the $$$, opera is like 30-40USD, mozilla free

and yes i use mozilla firefox too

its free........ lol i use it, its great, better then firefox, and the new version commoing out (its in beta) will pwn hard.. V 9

• 2 weeks later...

Opera is definatly the best explorer, coz it can do all that which Firefox and IE can do and MORE! I also has loads of new features in the Opera9 BETA version, like you can downlaod torrent with it, go onto IRC it has a built in WAP emulator, its very fast, has the most popular plug ins already, you can change the identity to Opera, Mozilla and IE (with Opera's identity changed to IE you can browse and downlaod from microsofts site with out them knowing) if you dont like a plug in you can diable just that certain plug in.etc its also FREE AND SMALLER than Firefox (I know IE and Firefox are also free)

Firefox. As long as the rogues keep exploiting IE the smaller guy is better.

Agreed. Also, it's just so easy with IE6. ActiveX is just so easy to exploit. It's also the fact that only 10% (if that) of the Internet population is using a non-commercial browser like FF, than it's not worth the bad guy's time.

I vote Firefox, I've heard great things about Opera however. But if that is a browser that you have to pay for than I'm not interested.