Which web browser

250 members have voted

1. 1.

• firefox
    • opera
    • internet explorer
    • other

Well i just installed firefox and went to some bandwidth tests and its about 50% slower than IE so thats all i needed not to use it. besides it wont be long before this gets targetted by the script kiddies. Router and software firewall is a must for IE though but it still gets my vote.

i just used firefox and ie in side by side tests and they were the same or faster for firefox.in fact if you hit the back button with cnet i would hit 25000,up from the normal 1400

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Firefox for all my surfing and browsing and whatnot. But because I design webpages I also use Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape, and I even tend to use the Mac browser Safari to test my webpages. Just because I prefer one browser doesn't give me the right to make pages for *just* that browser.

Firefox is prosauce.

I use the full "Mozilla" for all surfing. I only use firefox for torrent searches. I don't use Internet Explorer for anything except "Pcpitstop" On 1 rigg I used IEerradicator and got rid of it.

new to using firefox and i like it better than IE,but it seems to not work correctly on some sites

as things appear in code instead of regular text,so i still use IE for those sites

• 2 weeks later...
Does any one think Firefox uses more memory resources than say explorer?

I would say yes. But this is not always a bad thing. Morstly, increased mem usage is the resolt of firefox keeping old web pages in memory and greater use of cache (FastBack feature and stuff like that).

Currently my FF is using 65MB -> mostly becouse I have it set up to use 65536B (64MB) of in memory page cache and last 30 visited pages.

In FF you can always customize the settings I mentioned, if you don't like the mem usage you can always decrease it....