dfi venus finally out.

divided

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will handle TCCD like the straight up NF4's did and better than an expert since experts were tuned more toward 2 gigs and this one is made to fly again on TCCD and also handle the other good stuff as well.

RGone...

Im currently running Geil 1 BH-5 ... But I have 2X512 OCZ Plat rev 2 In the closit. Which would be better?

Yeah Im a dip sht too, but Ive never been the first kid on the block with anything, so I thought Ide give it a try.

If people willing to spend this much for the mobo, they won't consider to sell the box just to cover peanut cost back I would say :nod:

Nobody knows what this board can do at this moment, may be same as expert or may be much better?! This thing cost so much, won't be no reason... Beside the fancy box, there must be some performance difference. DFI won't just replaced some REAL Japanese capasitors & pump up the price for quick money. If they perform the same as others, how many people will buy? :confused: May be only the first 300 people on earth will buy it. After that no one else cause word of month. Thats why I think DFI won't throw the rock on its toe.

Let's wait for results from those who bought this, I think it won't be too long to see... ;)

I didn't buy it for the box, case badge or status. I bought the Expert 3 weeks ago and had til March 10th to get my money back from Newegg. I was going to just order another and then I saw the Venus was available, so I figured it was worth another hundred. I love the Expert, compared to the SLI-DR for the board layout, but the one I got just had all the issues. The cpu temp reads 18 degree's, dram voltages read alot less than where I set them, cold boot every time, and I had a Sil3114 port that was flaky. I haven't heard anything about any changes with the Venus, that addresses any of these issues, but it's worth a shot. I'd be anxious to hear how it might work with my OCZ as well.

As much as I like to spend money on computer stuff (I think I have spent 2g's on CPU's alone in the past 6 months :eek: )...not going to happen :shake:

Now, if someone was to sell a used one for a reasonable price.... :D