dfi venus finally out.

divided

I have spent about roughly 2K in the last 4 months......................my woman is losing her patience with me :-P, but I am almost done..............just have to pick up some 120mm's for my rad.............but if I could afford it I would probaly get a Venus.

Hey Burley BOy, nice eVGA, I have same with same cooling, I can hit 503/1300 with RIVATUNER and the card stays at 40C under load. Have you tried to OC it yet?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell ya. One more upgrade to go. If EVGA has the 7900 available for the stepup program by March 29th,I'm gonna get that if not I'll get the 7800gtx 512mb. Then I'm gonna seek a little rehab, and sit on this system for awhile. Geez, it's been fun, but enough already, and to think this all started because Pheonix Award's bios supplier screwed me over by shipping me the wrong bios.

well I gave mt gf my old board, I came into some money, and have been wanting to put together a respectable system for a while....................so I splurged.

Not quite done yet, seriously debating getting an FX-60, so I will have dual core and the fastest AMD on the market for a while.................even with the AM2 coming...........I will be okay with the FX. Just trying to convince myself to get he chip.

Technicially speaking I could buy the Venus, a 7800GTX 512, a FX60, and a Raptor 150.............................it would cost about 2K for that alone....................but I want to see how far I can push my opty.................but after looking back at what I use my computer for I think I really need a dual core, if I get one, might as well be the best one.

MY SLI DR VENUS arrived today

What motherboard did you have previously? I'd like to see a comparison between Expert/Venus using the same processor and memory. I have several Opterons coming in the beginning of next week (165 stepping unknown took a chance, 170 CCBWE 0550 UPMW and a 170 CCB1E VPMW). I could use another motherboard and the Venus would be it if the performance somehow justified the price.

What motherboard did you have previously? I'd like to see a comparison between Expert/Venus using the same processor and memory. I have several Opterons coming in the beginning of next week (165 stepping unknown took a chance, 170 CCBWE 0550 UPMW and a 170 CCB1E VPMW). I could use another motherboard and the Venus would be it if the performance somehow justified the price.
I haven't imstalled the venus yet. i am running a dfi ultra-d at the moment. i will be testing my new venus in the next few days. i will give some compares asap.

looks like finally DFI put some effort on the printed manual - how many pages is that thing, covers bios flashing?

And, what's that thing in the red bubble?

in the red bubble rap is the sli bridge. 160 pages in the book. i haven't read the book yet. it is multi language.