My new system

Mistress maybe you can come over to my place (with my wife there of course, and no, she is not into kinky stuff) to burn in my rig and test it for me. I have no idea what all that stuff you are doing is to ensure stability but I sure sounds swell. You would sweep Bill Gates off his feet ;)

BTW: Do you like Jager? You should. It is just a little darker in color than Green UV dyed coolant. It does not taste much better but I will get u drunk without killing you like coolant.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistress maybe you can come over to my place (with my wife there of course, and no, she is not into kinky stuff) to burn in my rig and test it for me. I have no idea what all that stuff you are doing is to ensure stability but I sure sounds swell. You would sweep Bill Gates off his feet ;)

BTW: Do you like Jager? You should. It is just a little darker in color than Green UV dyed coolant. It does not taste much better but I will get u drunk without killing you like coolant.

hmmm, maybe, if it's an all expences paid vacation... errmm, visit. lol

hells ya, i'd love to be sitting in front of this

AMD FX 60

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert

2GB XP4000 REDLINE DUAL PACK (2X1GB) 3-3-2-7

Dual 7800 GTX 512s

Internal Drives: Two 500 gig Hitachis, one 300 gig SATA drive, two Raptors in raid 0

External Drives: four 400 Gig drives, one 500 gig lacie big disk extreme

Cooling Circuit 1:Alienware ALX cooling (Koolance) with added Thermaltake Aquabay Flow Indicator, Thermaltake CPU block, Koolance RAM blocks

Cooling Circuit 2: Swiftech pump, DD BlackIce radiator,DangerDen 78 SLI blocks

PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 850watt

Case has custom laser etched window and has been painted by Smooth Creations with custom Star wars graphics, 30" Dell 3007 LCD monitor

yah, last time i drank Jager i got in trouble with "the authorities" lamo.

HERE THAT BILL GATES? I'LL TWEAKOUT YOUR SYSTEM FOR A COOL MILLION!

lmao :shake:

BTW, my waterchill pump died yesterday dammit. had it running for 3 days and the thing dies on me. i primed it correctly by turning it on and off with refills and everything. dammit. dammit. ya, i'm bit upset, can you tell?

another reason why i'm upset is... my X800XT-PE. something happened to that. so i plced it another system i have setup and the same thing. it states please plug your power cable into the card which, of course i had already done. so i have no clue what thats about. dammit. dammit. :confused:

so now i'm back on my sig rig minus my X800. i'm running my old AIW 8500 DV slow as hell vid card. can't find my ti4400, but it's a moot point.

i hope the dead pump didn't fry out my gpu. i didn't notive the pump not working until i loaded bios defualts and with my mobile 4000 that's 800mhz with .95vcore. with that defualt setting i was getting 43C, i was like WTF? thought maybe something got goofed in the bios so i set my settings and saved out. booted to the desktop and the cpu temp was 48C.... that used to be my 3150mhz's full load temp.

AaahHhh...... i can't even run my new system now b/c of the tubing and blocks being mounted a;ready and i can't even think about play my games i like with this AIW8500DV card. :sad:

TGM

well, i've got the pump on RMA already today. i'll be placing my x800xtpe on RMA here in a few minutes. i'm waiting for the warranty department to get to work. Asus is on PST time.

what sucks is that i'll be stuck on my old system ( in my sig rig ), which is ok, but not nrealy as fast or run to tweak around with as i've had it for about 2 years or more now.

what really sucks is that i can't play HL2, Far Cry, or Flat out which, right now, are my fave games.... all because of my x800xtpe dieing.

thats whats strangr to me. why did the GPU die? that doesn't make sense that a GPU would die from a heat related issue. i've read people having over clocked their vid card and their temps got in the 80C's.

i've read some posts on the nf3 250GB at newegg, and i usually take what people say there with a grain of salt, but a few people were saying that the dfi nf3 259gb APG Port burned out thier vid cards. i used to think that it was user error. but now that my card is dead, and overheating seem unlikely, i'm left wondering how did my vid card burn out? everything else is fine. :confused:

TGM

On mine it works fine.Maybe it's the voltage.What BIOS did you try?

i used the defualt 504 that came with it.

without water cooling the cpu, i got 2950mhz 100% stable and S&M FPU 100% Load temps reached 49C

with water cooling the cpu i got 3200mhz, altho my ram setting are holding me back ATM, but i got 3150mhz 100% stable and S&M FPU 100% Load temps reached 47C

TGM

thats whats strangr to me. why did the GPU die? that doesn't make sense that a GPU would die from a heat related issue. i've read people having over clocked their vid card and their temps got in the 80C's.

i've read some posts on the nf3 250GB at newegg, and i usually take what people say there with a grain of salt, but a few people were saying that the dfi nf3 259gb APG Port burned out thier vid cards. i used to think that it was user error. but now that my card is dead, and overheating seem unlikely, i'm left wondering how did my vid card burn out? everything else is fine. :confused:

TGM

Tell me you're not thinking the board killed your AGP card after the waterpump takes a dump.

I have owned 3 NF3 250GB's. Never had a problem with AGP. I had the same card you do as well. The worst problem I had with an NF3 was the onboard LAN died after some dry ice runs.

well, right when my water cooling pump took a dump, w/o my realizing it yet, i had reboot three times and all i got was "ERROR PLUG POWER CABLE IN" ...so then i tought, ok, i'll remove all the water blocks and run the stock hsf on my vid card and my nf3 chipset and i used the 948U Thernaltake block.

i then re-tried my x800 and got the same results. then i placed the video card into my nf2 DFi UI mobo, where it has been working well, not a single issue, and i get the same "ERROR PLUG POWER CABLE IN". this is two different mobo's and two different PSU's. still, with one known working mobo with my x800 for about 9 months now. the same results.

i'm saying the mobo fried my card.

another reason i believe the nf3 250gb fried my card. once i realized my x800 card was dead, i then replaced the card with my 9600XT AIW card, which didn't require all the power and had no power cable to plug in. what happened? well at first the card and the mobo booted, then when i was installing the ATI drivers, which i've not had any problems with in the past, after i rebooted, the card was running with the AGP was set to off, fast writes, AGP write/read, PCI write/read all set to off under the GART menu.

so i tried my nf2 DFI mobo and the 9600XT AIW card work flawlessly; not to mention that my 9600XT AIW has been running in my HTPC for a year and a half without issues. as i was trying to figure out why all these settings were turned off, i noticed my cpu temp was 70C! i thought yikes! i need to re-seat the cpu hsf. my temps at 2600mhz 1.35v (defualt) were around 30C idle and 43C full S&M Load the first time when i bought the mobo.

so i re-seated the 948U heatsink with my Smart Fan II at full speed and when just doing simple tasks it'd be at 55C then when i was doing a full virus scan, or installing windows downlod updates, the temps went upwards to 70C

indictaion, to me, is that i hadn't set the heatsink on flat. BUT... that wasn't the issue. i place my little fingers down to the botton of the block and it's was running very cool to the touch. my ram heatspreaders were warmer than the 948U HSF. so, i thought somehow the temp sensor got screwed up. i pulled eveything off the mobo, pulled the cmos batt, set jumper to reset; then i let it sit for about 45mins. i then tried to start it back up and just loading to the desktop the censor read 73C. so i thought maybe flashing it to another bios made for this mobo. so with lowering the clocks to below stock setting to keep the cpu temp down and after following the flash proccedures here on DFI-Street, just as i did before to see if the temp sensor was going bad or my cpu was really running that hot. well, i got no change after flash, like as if i hadn't changed bios at all. BTW, the mobo temp and chipset temps were normal, just the cpu temp went wacky.

how do i know the mobo is dead now also? i rebooted it several times after the flash, sat in the bios and watched the temp, the cpu would fluctuate from 35C (which be be close to normal) and all the way up to 55C+ loading windows jumped it up to 70C cpu. i know i didn't mess up the hsf install as i've repeated the install twice and got the same results. and install heatsinks aren't the hardest thing to do all. specially with the new socket design's from DFI. so i was back to my desktop and it crashed. NEVER starting again. never turned on my monitor, nothing. like i had taken out the cpu.

tried another vid card in it as well, b/c i was getting upset that my brand new mobo fried my x800. then the failure of my DFI nf3 250gb LP-UT the day after. i've tried my other cards in my nf2 system and they all work flawlesly. but in my now dead nf3 mobo nothing would come to life knowing that the video card, and cpu were good.

water cooling couldn't have fialed and fried anything by the time i notcied the cpu temp at 50C at idle and turning the system off to check the pump, there's noway the lack of cooling could have fried my x800, they're rated up to a MAX junction gate temp of 90C, even tho none of us like that high of temp.

so, proven to be dead though cross testing many of the parts to identify which parts were fried out.:

- DFI NF3 250GB 754 mobo

- X800XT-PE

- waterchill pump

i'm RMAi'ng all of these proven to be dead parts and now i have to wait for a few weeks to have my new system running, this sux. i'm totally tripping out since my NF2 DFI mobo, which i'm back to running now could take a beating and keep on going. i've done 3 hot flashes to that mobo, and it still runs like a champ. just not at 3200mhz / HT 610 Bus / DDR460 memory bus as my new system had benn doing. :(

i'm crossing my fingers that my new nf3 250gb doen't fry my newly RAM'd x800 vid card and the board itself. *sigh*

TGM

Tell me you're not thinking the board killed your AGP card after the waterpump takes a dump.

I have owned 3 NF3 250GB's. Never had a problem with AGP. I had the same card you do as well. The worst problem I had with an NF3 was the onboard LAN died after some dry ice runs.

well, you know what they say, EVERY OEM hardware makers have there amount of bad batches of their products.

TGM