My new system

That's why we use the SP1 install then the SP2 Service Pack.

We worked this issue back when cpuz was still hanging around a lot. He did good work on the discovery and resolution.

yah i hear ya Ex... wish i had a winxp pro with sp1..... angry-smiley-030.gif

guess i'm going to try the ole DOS Partition Commander trick. set up raid0 at 16 or 32 and install OS then boot to DOS with PartCom and change the NTFS over to 16K.... wish me luck. :sweat:

TGM

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got any silicone seal RTV sealant type stuff? That works as good as tape if you coat the threads, screw it in, and let it cure overnight. They should even have that at the grocery store if you can't find teflon tape.

-pickles

welp, my looong awaited Newark 4000 just came today; as i was walking to the apt. office to pick it up, i ran into the maintenance man and he let me borrow his pipe thread tape :) ...soooo, lol, i just got done mopping up the floor, a-hem, lol. yup i had the water i needed drained out already and the offending fittings off the chipset blockand BAM! the vga block fell from the counter top, and hanged dangling above the floor, thank gawd it didn't smack down on the floor. but that made a mini Lake Michigan in my kitchen, lol.

but yah, i'm using the thread tape. A very very VERY nice guy from a forum sent me a Thermalright SLK948U for air testing my new Newark which is sitting right in front of me!!!! i'm soo G33K'd!!!! lol. i have a TT Smart Fan II to use also. I'll be doing the setup for air today and stress testing the water for the next 24 hours after i get the chipset block elbow and everything primed and running again.

i need to go change my socks, they're all freakin wet, lol. :D

TGM

A64 Mobile 4000 2600mhz

2950mhz (didn't do a suicide shot but i will try if asked)

DDR590 HT Bus

DDR420 Mem Bus

32C~34C - idle

52C~54C - Full Load

1.6v core

1.8v chipset

2.8v mem

DFI NF3 250GB 504 Bios

948U w/Smart Fan II

G.Skill TCCD GBLA PC3200/PC4800

<<< 100% S&M Stable using 100% Load>>>

2950_S&M_stable.gif

i think the PSU i'm running is hindering my clocks a bit. it's an old, like '99 old Enemax 460watt. many of my voltage are pretty low. i have a newer enermax, like 2003, 550watt 38amps on +12v, +3.3v, & +5v no PFC.

i want to get the new enermax Liberty psu.

NEXT UP!! installing this system into my CM Stacker and bolting on the Waterchill and clock that up.

TGM