My new system

That looks awesome :nod:
what? the UV pic or the cramped clearence i fixed with the vga/chipset.

i'll tell you tho, trying to get a 3/8" ID is sooooo freaking hard to get onto to a 1/2" OD barb. i had to soak the tube in hot hot water, then put some dish soap around the barb and with a lot of pushing and wiggling, i finally got it to slide up on there. w0w!

TGM

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, i had already read and researched that trick and have already tried it. i can get up to the point of having let's say a 16K cluster formatted from a spare drive, then do a fresh install on my raid0 and then i get the "ERROR CTRL ALT DELETE" message if i use anything other than a 4k cluster. thats what i was trying to tell you about before. that trick will work fine with winxp, winxp sp1, but not with winxp sp2. thats what i'm talking about the problem is.

very strange...you might want to check your setup/timings etc as it works for me and works for ExRoadie and a few others that have tried it...

very strange...you might want to check your setup/timings etc as it works for me and works for ExRoadie and a few others that have tried it...
it's a known bug of winxp pro with sp2 slipstreamed into the install using raid0 and anything other than 4K cluster.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...381&postcount=8

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showpost.php?p=428277&postcount=17

some people say that using PM8.0 in DOS will allow you to change from 4K to whatever cluster you want after you install winxp pro w/sp2 but others say that it didn't work for them.

i'm not as concerned about what cluster size i want to run, as i have more reading to do on the raid0 thread, but i am concerned that i can't change the cluster on a raid0 winxp pro sp2 instal at all, period.

all i need to get past this problem is a winxp pro orig or a winxp pro sp1 CD. then i can install with that and have no problem about cluster size, then do the sp2 update and it'll all work correctly.

TGM

I am RMAing one of those and using a Swiftech instead as my Waterchill is DOA:

(this pic was a temp setup)

dsc00634custom6dp.th.jpg

w0w, impressive setup.

so you've got one 1/2" loop for your cpu and 2 gpu's; and another 1/4" Koolance loop for your ram and chipset cooler?

how are those koolance ram blocks working?

i've had my waterchill since xmas and iv'e not gotten to the point of starting it up yet as i had to mod the vga and chipset mounting arms for clearence and i had to use one elbow for clearence also. so i've been waiting for a while to get this thing primed. i hope mine is all ok.

i do wish asetek would have paid more attention to the design of the vga/nb blocks as they are the same blocks. just an s curve no turbulance vortices or anything. i'm considering getting some thin guage spring and placing then inside the vga block.

one thing i wish tho, is that they didin't make the fittings for the vga block on an angle.

i have to get some distilled water today to test the circuit. the ZRSC i'll prolly have to order. i'm goingto call around town today to see if anyone stocks it.

TGM

I am waiting on a new 7800 gtx 512 (RMA'd the other one as it was defective). Until I get it my system won't be running). I had to take the heatsinks of the Muskin ram for them to fit in the ram waterblocks.
yah, i assumed that you'd have to take off the heatspreaders.

i have a pair of G.Skill GBLA's 2x512 and i'll be running them on my dfi lp-ut nf3 250gb 754 mobo. since it's a single channel memory controller running two stick places a heavier load on it. the newark core/mem controller i'll be running is an E5 revision. people have told me with and E3 revision cpu they have been able to take 2x512's up to around 290mhz 2.5-3-3-10; some people tell me the max that they got was around 240~250. i'm presuming they were running the E4 revision cpu which isn't the greatest for overclocking the mem bus.

i' have the E5/6 which i here is fixes for the E4 revision. the thing i'm wondering about with the koolance ram coolers is that i ran my G.Skill ram on my nf2/barton machine before i took it apart for my current build and i was was to get 236~240 at 2.0-2-2-2-10 with 2.9vmem. if i gave it anymore volts it'd make no difference or crash the system

so i took my magnifine glass and a bright backlight and to my amazment, not a single DRam was touching the heatspreader. in a review i read about heatspreaders recently at Legit Reviews, Corsair did an internal test using different heatspreaders and found that from running with no heatspreaders to running Corsairs oversized heatspreaders (don't recall the name but they're big) the ram ran from 240 bare, to 245 with Corsairs big spreaders on the ram.

with my heatspreaders not touching the DRams at all and only being able to give 2.9vmem, i'm thinking that running the koolance mem blocks could allow me to run a much higher vmem and tighter timings with a higher HT Bus.

my purpose for this would be to minimize the integrated mem controller to system ram latency. i know the etra bandwidth past 3400mb/s on my 754's 800mhz (3200mb/s requirement bandwidth) won't make any difference but trying to raise the mem bus as high as i can with the tightest timings as possible, that would be my goal.

i'm wondering if the koolance mem coolers might allow for 250mhz with 2.0-2-2-10 since i can already do that at almost 240mhz on my nf2.

do you have any thoughts on this DarthBeavis?

TGM

Very Professional, clear cables, no clutters, great work! Should be good to go even for the overclock you need in the summer time. Now if you're gaming you'll be better off with a 2GB kit rather dealing with 1GB kit with impressive timings which i have already with my BH-5 kit. I'm actually looking into a 2GB kit as we speak and so far i'm looking at these...

Maybe hit DDR600 who knows.....we'll see....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231021

I am not an OC guru but I would think even moderatly cooler ram would make a difference. I have a question. Should I have my ram in 1 and 3 or 2 and 4? I am using two 1 gig modules.

XP4000 - SPECIFICATIONS

Frequency: 500MHz Latency: 3-3-2-8 Parity: Unbuffered

Voltage: 2.6V-2.9V Pins: 184

Density > > > Module: 128MX64 Chip: 64MX8

The XP4000 REDLINE eliminates the memory as a potential bottleneck when overclocking. Mushkin 2GB-XP4000 Redline parts are 2x1GB dual channel kits designed for operation at 250MHz with relatively tight timings of 3-3-2-8(Cas 3, trcd 3, trp 2, and tras 8). Operating at a nominal voltage of 2.6-2.9v, unlike previous Redline modules which require high voltage for rated specification, these modules operate under standard voltages.

http://www.mushkin.co.uk/doc/products/memo...tail.asp?ID=273

it's a known bug of winxp pro with sp2 slipstreamed into the install using raid0 and anything other than 4K cluster.

TGM

That's why we use the SP1 install then the SP2 Service Pack.

We worked this issue back when cpuz was still hanging around a lot. He did good work on the discovery and resolution.

Very Professional, clear cables, no clutters, great work! Should be good to go even for the overclock you need in the summer time. Now if you're gaming you'll be better off with a 2GB kit rather dealing with 1GB kit with impressive timings which i have already with my BH-5 kit. I'm actually looking into a 2GB kit as we speak and so far i'm looking at these...

Maybe hit DDR600 who knows.....we'll see....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231021

thank you, but that's just a dry fit and nothing else is plugged in, i don't even have the cpu in there yet, hehe. btw, the Newark 4000 came today. in about a week or so, i'll be flying around at 3.2GHz :nod:

yah, i love my G.Skill GBLA's ...but the frequency of the mem bus makes no difference. the 754 cpu's 800mhz internal FSB requires only 3200mb/s or DDR400 PC3200. the 939 cpu's 1000mhz internal FSB requires only 4000mb/s or DDR500 PC4000 but AMD made the 939 dual channel so running dual channel at DDR400 PC3200 in dual channel you're actually getting something like PC5000, but it doesn't matter how high your bandwidth is, the internal FSB of 1000mhz can only make use of 4000mb/s.

so with 512meg, 1024meg, 2048meg, etc... the only thing to look to for better performance is low latency from the internal memory controller to system ram bus, ie. memory bus. when choosing a 2gig kit i wouldn't look for a high frequency kit as much as i would look for a 2gig kit that would do between 200mhz~250mhz at the lowest latency settings possible.

low mem bus + tight timings will give better perfromance the high mem bus loose timings anyday of the week. the extra bandwidth is unused and lossening the timings will turn your performance downhill no matter how high you try to run the mem bus.

that being said, the G.Skill PC4000 is a pretty nice set of 2gigs. :) i would say Crucial is a better 2gig kit as it's the only 2gig kit that can run 2.0-2-2-5 but their failure rate is too high to buy. i've read that OCZ can run in the 240's at 2-3-2-10, don't recall where or i'd link ya up. sorry

TGM

I am not an OC guru but I would think even moderatly cooler ram would make a difference. I have a question. Should I have my ram in 1 and 3 or 2 and 4? I am using two 1 gig modules.

XP4000 - SPECIFICATIONS

Frequency: 500MHz Latency: 3-3-2-8 Parity: Unbuffered

Voltage: 2.6V-2.9V Pins: 184

Density > > > Module: 128MX64 Chip: 64MX8

The XP4000 REDLINE eliminates the memory as a potential bottleneck when overclocking. Mushkin 2GB-XP4000 Redline parts are 2x1GB dual channel kits designed for operation at 250MHz with relatively tight timings of 3-3-2-8(Cas 3, trcd 3, trp 2, and tras 8). Operating at a nominal voltage of 2.6-2.9v, unlike previous Redline modules which require high voltage for rated specification, these modules operate under standard voltages.

http://www.mushkin.co.uk/doc/products/memo...tail.asp?ID=273

yah, i pretty much know the specs of most ram and they don't mean all that much compared to how they run. it's more about hardware compatibility than anything.

aboutyour nf4 and the ram slots. there's a ton of sticky's in that part of the forum. my mobo is the nf3 250 single channel ram with only three DIMM slots.

yah, i do believe i might partake in the koolance ram coolers and try to get my TCCD running 250 2.0-2-2-10(10 is usually faster than 5).

TGM