G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

I would like to add as well, I am in the group who got the "bad" SPD reporting type ram as well:

SPD:

I have a feeling they started to sell some crap there the past month or so... it seems those who have gotten good results from the HZ, bought theirs long before this 'bad batch' came about? Would be interesting to see on the XLS chart "when" people bought their G.Skill.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm testing 261MHz 3-5-5-10 @ 2.5V at the moment. I can get Widows to load but only if I set most settings on auto or default; if I mess with something aside from the usual timmings I get into trouble.

I would also like like to request the purchase date from other members. It could be that this last batch was whatever was leftover, that can explain the higher SPD timmings and the lower price :confused: (I also got my sticks recently)

I would like to add as well, I am in the group who got the "bad" SPD reporting type ram as well:

SPD:

I have a feeling they started to sell some crap there the past month or so... it seems those who have gotten good results from the HZ, bought theirs long before this 'bad batch' came about? Would be interesting to see on the XLS chart "when" people bought their G.Skill.

Previous posted said 265-270 is typical....I have not seen anyone at 270 with HZ that has SPD of 3-5-5-10

It appears from reports by one user who has bought several new sticks that CPUZ SPD=3-5-5-10(GSkill tech at XS this is too allow initial post for mobo) seem to perform less when when OCing....some are having trouble hitting 260..the stick that SPD 3-4-4-8 OCed better

My experience with this same new stick..0603 date from newegg

623-2 bios ..yellow slots seems fine at 260 and 2.6v(seemed ok with one try at 2.5v)....anything above with tinkering and memtest errors out as well as orange slots

704-2BTA bios..orange slots...tried varied of settings at 2.6v in bios and everything at 270 fails....260 fine in fact I will be testing more but I have used Gskill tech setting but 3-4-3-8-1T

IMHO if I could not 270 or 280 no real benefit above 260 anyway becasue you would need a divider, if you are lucky to get a cpu to run at 2700-2800..so the ram will run between 245-250(and you maybe able to tighten to 3-3-3-8 or better)

It seems the newer sticks are not hitting 270+..this check DFI thread where alot of people are reporting trouble

I asked the GSkill tech about OCs on newer stick but he seemed offended..I was not asking for guarantee but what he was seeing....but got UCCC does 260-280

Personally..too many settings to change and do not want to spend a month and end up at same palce if they are pretty much stuck at 260

Previous posted said 265-270 is typical....I have not seen anyone at 270 with HZ that has SPD of 3-5-5-10

It appears from reports by one user who has bought several new sticks that CPUZ SPD=3-5-5-10(GSkill tech at XS this is too allow initial post for mobo) seem to perform less when when OCing....some are having trouble hitting 260..the stick that SPD 3-4-4-8 OCed better

I have that exact problem. CPU-Z reports the stick's recommended settings at 3-5-5-10. I run them at 249.9 @ 3-4-4-8. I tried for 3 weeks with various settings and voltages to get them to go higher to no avail. Mine just became unstable after 255mhz. Which is really weird because they are rock solid at 250. Just seems like sharp drop. I'd love to use the next divider and get them to 270 but that doesn't look possible w/ my HZ.

My experience with this same new stick..0603 date from newegg

623-2 bios ..yellow slots seems fine at 260 and 2.6v(seemed ok with one try at 2.5v)....anything above with tinkering and memtest errors out as well as orange slots

704-2BTA bios..orange slots...tried varied of settings at 2.6v in bios and everything at 270 fails....260 fine in fact I will be testing more but I have used Gskill tech setting but 3-4-3-8-1T

IMHO if I could not 270 or 280 no real benefit above 260 anyway becasue you would need a divider, if you are lucky to get a cpu to run at 2700-2800..so the ram will run between 245-250(and you maybe able to tighten to 3-3-3-8 or better)

It seems the newer sticks are not hitting 270+..this check DFI thread where alot of people are reporting trouble

I asked the GSkill tech about OCs on newer stick but he seemed offended..I was not asking for guarantee but what he was seeing....but got UCCC does 260-280

Personally..too many settings to change and do not want to spend a month and end up at same palce if they are pretty much stuck at 260

Interesting. Wonder what slots everyone else is using, yellow or orange? Haven't tried that. I have no problem using a divider, in fact I may have too. I would just be somewhat desillusioned if I can't overclock this RAM.

I found mine to be stable at 250 with the 3-4-4-8 setting. 25 passes of memtest5, and just an hour test in prime95 (I was getting tired of tests).

Mine are in orange.

I wanted to be able to run at 300FSB (x9 2700mhz cpu) with a 9/10 divider (270mhz ram). However it looks like that is not anywhere near possible with this particular ram. I am going to have to drop it all the way to a 5/06 divider (246mhz ram). Maybe I can get my cpu stable at a few more FSB... need a new HS fan first.

Pfft. I'm beyond the RMA period for newegg. eBay time!

QUOTE: I would just be somewhat desillusioned if I can't overclock this RAM.

I hear you there... from a company who touts themselves as having great ram for OCers... they really sold a pile of horse droppings with these!

I just recieved my G.Skill 2 gig PC4000 today. After a little playin in the bios I'm at 270x10, 1-1. Took a little playin with the voltages to get error free in memtest. After I got memtest stable I played Quake 4 for a little over an hour with ultra settings at 1280x1024. Not one hiccup or even a burp!! The main reason I moved to 2gigs of ram was so I could play games(Quake 4, Doom 3, Fear and COD2 at max or ultra settings. So far, I am not dissapointed.

Hey, got my gskill set yesterday. I can get it to 2.6 on 2.6 volts, but when trying 2.7, memtest fails at 40%

Knocking it down to 2.65 and memtest fails at 70%

2.6 has no memtest errors.

I'm using 3-4-4-8 and auto for everything else, but I really want to get the memory to 2.7. I've tried a few other memory settings listed here with no success. What memory settings are the most likely to give me improvements when tweaked?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Vid:

2.6 ? 2.7 ? For memory? What are those numbers from? I am confoozled. Do you mean 2.7 volts? 2.7 GHZ (thats impossible with ram hehe)? 2.7 CAS? 2.7 mean 270?

jcarno:

What does your SPD report those ram as? If 3-5-5-10... I would be greatly interested in ALL settings you have for your BIOS on those!

I have the 602 HZ ram. First thing I did was memtest86. This will be a good start to know how much you can OC before they start to error. I have my ram in the orange slots. Right off the bat, my ram can do 275 MHz. 276 gets me error. A week later I ran memtest86 again and now my ram can do 278. You really need to memtest86 the ram to see how stable (error free) they will run in the OC condition. If you are getting errors in memtest86 at 250, then you need to RMA them because they are not running per spec. If you erroring at 260 or less, then try switching ram at different slots. I was able to get more OC speed when I switch their positions. Also, try cranking up the Vcore to get the CPU stable. Also try different bios. Hopefully, this will help someone.