Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm.

He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He

practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting a

little discouraged, he headed back for dinner. As he was walking back he saw

Grandma's pet duck.

Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck

square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved.

In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his

sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.

After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes."

But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen."

Then she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.

Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and

Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper." Sally just

smiled and said," Well that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted

to help." She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So Sally went fishing

and Johnny stayed to help.

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's ... he

finally couldn't stand it any longer.

He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck.

Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug, and said, "Sweetheart, I know.

You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but

because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would

let Sally make a slave of you."

Thought for the day and every day thereafter?

Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done... and the devil

keeps throwing it up in your face (lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits,

hatred, anger, bitterness, etc.) ...whatever it is....You need to know

that God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing..... He has

seen your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves you and that

you are forgiven.

He's just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you.

The great thing about God is that when you ask for forgiveness, He not

only forgives you, but He forgets..... It is by God's grace and mercy that

we are saved.

Go ahead and make the difference in someone's life today. Share this

with a friend and always remember:

God is at the window.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think to place "god" into the story does not improve the quality of the lesson learned, imo. I am not religious (not baptized either), but I've sat in church a few times out of respect for whichever occasion I was there for. I heard a lot of stories that teach valuable lessons, but then I see "god" brought into them in such a manner and it makes me a little upset. Why can't we learn the lessons of life without the judgement of a higher power?

Guest Joalaielna

Who do you believe gave us our conscience? If not God. And I believe that the crusaides were way way wrong. One of the many mistakes made by Christians and to fight a war in the name of God doesn't make it a "Holy" or "righteous" war.

The Problem with most people is that they have false misconseptions of what a christian is. They believe it's Pray, Going to church, and hating everyone who doesn't believe what you believe.

I dont hate anybody, I Love you guys. :) And I respect what you believe, But as a christian I also believe that we were created by God, to glorify and have fellowship with Him. But man chose to reject God and sin entered the world. And man was doomed for a life seperated from God. God Promised a Saviour (Jesus) To redeem or Take our Place of Punishment. So now If we believe that Jesus did this We can Restore that fellowship with God.

Now As A Christian I would Love to see others believe as I believe And I think it's part of my job here on earth to show others to Christ. I wish all of my friends would accept Christ. They will try to live a good life, Do more good than bad, But thats not enough. There is nothing we can do on our own to please God. Thats why He had Jesus Do it. Because He was Perfect, Without sin, and Could Die and be that perfect mediator for us.

I don't like Man's organized religion...Just Like happy doesn't. But I do Like having a relationship with Our God and saviour.

I beleive that is what Christianity is all about. Not some Going through the motions religion.

If that helps clear up anything.

Wow. Wasn't meaning to preach. LOL. I just wanted everyone to know what Me a christian believes. And that becuase some people make mistakes (like the crusaides) Doesn't mean that Having that fellowship with God, (Through what the world calls, Christianity), Is bad.

So Happy, Who determins Right and Wrong?

Right and wrong are feelings that are taught to us by our peers when our brain is still in it's infancy. We all start out as a "blank slate" (tabula rasa) and what we see our peers do and the things that happen to us are what shape the way we think and act, including right and wrong.

Roses really smell like poo-poo.

My 2 cents

I have a question for eithter HG or Momma. Do dogs go to heaven?

How about squirrels???

And am I going to go to hell because my driving skills weren't adequate enough to avoid hitting one this morning on the way to work??? :sad: Poor lil feller...

But I do Like having a relationship with Our God and saviour.

here's my problem with Christians right here...it's always OUR god and that discludes everyone...or worse...includes everyone.

your god is not my god. I don't believe in your god nor your version of god in any shape way or form.

you can believe what you want.

but don't include me in it, because whatever god you believe in is a fantasy to me and does not exist.

I don't hate anyone because of what they believe (except those jerks from NAMBLA or other places like that grrrr).

But I get highly irritated that people 'pray for me' from their god who is nothing but a fairy tail in my belief system.

How about this

you pray to your god and I'll meditate as buddha taught

don't involve me in your religion in any way shape or form, and i won't involve you in mine.

BUT

as I've mentioned earlier...we don't need a diety to know that certain things are wrong. Murder, pedophilia, stealing, adultery, etc. We KNOW this.

It doesn't take a religion to point this out unless you are a sheep and can't think for yourself and must be taught to follow the group.

This is why I can't stand religion and mostly why I can't respect Christians.

They have totally twisted the teachings of Jesus into something pushy, intolerant, and nearly evil.

Jesus didn't say anything about converting anyone to any religion. Jesus didn't say anything about homosexuals getting married. Jesus didn't say anything about left-wing liberals.

Jesus said "love thy neighbor" meaning love everyone equally.

Jesus said "turn thy other cheek" meaning if someone hurts you, it isn't going to make you a better person to hurt him back. What makes you a better person is the ability to turn away and forgive (or at least not retaliate).

As for anyone that tells me I don't know what Christians are all about, I probably know more about them than actual Christians do. I'm a pretty well-studied person...the difference is I learn objectively without the emotional attachment of being involved in the religion.

This means that when someone says something negative about christians, I can look at it objectively and base it on facts and instances throughout history as well as from scholarly study. I don't look it up in the bible and say "oh nope, thats just a sin that you would say anything against our religion!" which is what happens when you say anything negative about religion, especially christianity (muslims just burn your KFC down, Jews just shrug while plotting where to send the attack helicopters to fire rockets into your house, Satanists sacrifice a small animal or baby so you will be cursed, and buddhists just think "you should have been one with that insult").

Every religion reacts differently...but when you are involved in that religion, it is impossible for you to have an objective view. The best religious scholars from the Christian church or even the Vatican have always said the same thing...their faith makes it that much harder to see as if they were looking at it through a window.

How about squirrels???

And am I going to go to hell because my driving skills weren't adequate enough to avoid hitting one this morning on the way to work??? Poor lil feller...

my feeling is that if you didn't get that bloodthirsty grin and stomp on the gas while the squirrel was desperately zig-zagging to get out of your way but you showed him by making him squirrel-cake...then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I mean, if a dog doesn't have a soul, its not likely a squirrel will.

But then again...squirrels might belong to some dark forest religion and all of the squirrel population in the area is sacrificing a couple of prized virgin acorns to their dark squirrel god in hopes of getting even with you by some horrible twist of squirrel-curse fate lol

I'm sorry for getting this part of the discussion going. When I asked if dogs went to heaven, it was meant for amusement purposes only. As far as my religion stance goes, I pretty much agree with HG on what he said. Believe what you want. Go to church and pray if you want. Just leave me out of it. Sorry :(

I'm sorry for getting this part of the discussion going. When I asked if dogs went to heaven, it was meant for amusement purposes only. As far as my religion stance goes, I pretty much agree with HG on what he said. Believe what you want. Go to church and pray if you want. Just leave me out of it. Sorry :(

ya I'm generally not down with discussing religion for the sole fact that people get far too bent out of shape about it, myself included.

let's talk about something else ok?