Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

we want a nice hybrid Toyota Camry or Honda Accord (and if not hybrid, then a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord because I'm sorta over the need for hotrod type cars and honestly, the reliability of Japanese cars is still superior to American made cars...even those Japanese cars like Toyota and Honda that are built here in America are better and more reliable than American made cars...not to mention almost always more efficient for their class)

hot rods like Mustangs, even with V6 engines, cost more to insure also. High performance stuff costs more to fix, as well as tends to break down more.

but thats just our opinion

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we want a nice hybrid Toyota Camry or Honda Accord (and if not hybrid, then a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord because I'm sorta over the need for hotrod type cars and honestly, the reliability of Japanese cars is still superior to American made cars...even those Japanese cars like Toyota and Honda that are built here in America are better and more reliable than American made cars...not to mention almost always more efficient for their class)

hot rods like Mustangs, even with V6 engines, cost more to insure also. High performance stuff costs more to fix, as well as tends to break down more.

but thats just our opinion

well, it wouldn't be my full time ride, i'd surely store it in the winter and run my old faithful 235,000+ miles honda accord. :)

my ex bf got a 35th year Special Edition mustang with a V-6 in it and it got respectable mileage, a super charger will only make that same mileage have more power, unless you "hotrod" with it all day long, lol. his insurance was the same as his Nissan trucks insurance rate b/c the mustang has a V-6 in it instead of a V-8. he was out of the "High Risk" group that insurance agencies have. it's a really sharp looking car and got the same gas mileage as his small size Nissan truck.

TGM

I'm so sick of television. Crap television...

Farenheit 9/11 was on Showtime or some pay channel last night at about 2AM and I watched it again.

I have to say, if you have not seen this, you should do yourself a favor and watch it. I don't say i agree or disagree with any content (for any of you that want to start a fight about it). I just say watch it.

But stuff that CNN or NBC etc won't show...stuff that makes you ask questions. Stuff that makes you think. Stuff that isn't just force-fed to you by corporate news anchors and we just blindly accept it without hearing both sides of the story.

May I suggest another thought provoking movie: "Fog of War" by Errol Morris, in which Robert S. McNamara goes through some lessons of politics. Whatever you may think about McNamara you have to respect his unique insight and experience. How does anyone evaluate decisions which will eradicate 100 of thousands of human lives? How does such an calculation look, or feel like in retroperspective and how do you justify it?

When it comes to television, I think that all crap has made people less able to comprehend and evaluate information. I totally agree with you A_G, and it seems like even the News because of this have become worse. Flashy pictures and baseless arguments; have our mind become that dull?

The last production Camaro was in 2002....Gm desided to take a break from it because they pretty much had to, to keep on top of the game....

The Camaro was/is built in Canada...The plant where they were made was largely behind in times.....It cost GM more to make the car than they were selling it for (so they say)... They laid every one off at that plant and then tore it down....This left alot of Canadians without jobs.....GM assured that when the plant was back up they would have there jobs back.... The plant was completely torn down and should be close to completion...

You know they would never completely drop the Camaro.... who would compete with the Mustang....Although the Pontiac GTO's are pretty sweet.... I have been wanting a 02 Camaro ss for a while...these 425hp cars are a shear blast to drive...with very little work to get 10's at the drag and still knock down 28mpg....who'da thunk it....

I do alot of engine building for performance and fuel mileage and I can tell you GM really stepped up to the plate lately.....

My last ride was a 2002 Chevy Venture mini van with the 3400v6.... this thing was awesome....factory 295hp v6....best Mileage I ever got was going from Indiana to Texas or Atlanta Georgia....lock cruise on 80mph and get 700+ miles from a tank full.... A few time this was equated to 43+mpg.... I never got less than 30 in town.....It had no rev limiter so it would run the number.... I had it up to 120mph a few times....

My current ride is a large x huge 3500 Chevy Express 15 passenger full size van...(2004) I bought this cuz it had the optional 425hp LQ4 (cast iron version of the Camaro's LS1)...This thing will flat fly...but hit a limiter at 100mph....bummer...But with the cruise set at 60-70 will knock down very easy 26-28mph....

My puddle jumping work van is a 1990 Astro van.... this is a heap... slow..very slow and the 4.3 v6 barely gets 10-12 anywhere.... so I'd say newer is better....

Travis/Momma, why are Philly Cheese Steaks and 2lbs of greasy french fries so addicting???

Also, Travis - how much money on average do you spend per year on computer parts?

Philly cheese steaks are evil and that's why they are so addictive cause they are just way too bad. What I wouldn't do for one right now.

Philly cheese steaks are evil and that's why they are so addictive cause they are just way too bad. What I wouldn't do for one right now.

I AM A PHILLY BORN NATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOUT OUT FOR THE PHILLY STEAK.

If you have never had one you would not understand.

<<<

"Cheese Steak, its a Philly thing you wouldn't understand"

hehehehe

<<<

Off-Topic: Buuuuuuuuuuurp.

I went to the Arcata Steak and Pizza house for lunch today. Had a 6" cheesesteak with mushrooms, bell peppers and jalepenos and garlic fries for lunch. Great stuff!

On-Topic: I have to agree that many of the imported cars are much more reliable, have great gas mileage and cost less to insure.

I personally have a 92 Honda Accord and it was a great car. At least until the timing belt broke about 10,000 miles before it was due to be serviced and trashed the block. :(

No worries though. I can get a replacement motor for about $500 to $600. Which is cheap compared to others.