DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thespin
Any word on the new BIOS hirotaro????

And when temp adjustments are made in the bios, does that mean the MBM5 et al will report the ADJUSTED temps ?

And when temp adjustments are made in the bios, does that mean the MBM5 et al will report the ADJUSTED temps ?

yes, the new bios does nothing more than provide a manual offset... it does nothing to address the real problem.

in other words, it's pointless.

Somehow it's not very good...

They give us only 10 degrees + and - to Adjust.

My eXpert has about 15 degrees temp gap, so the BIOS doesnt help much.

I use MBM5 with temp adjust and external sensor sticked to IHS.

I havent read all 24 pages of this thread but I am hoping that someone can tell me, does anyone know how much the bios is under reporting the CPU temp by? i read in the previous post 15C but i thought it was more like 20? I dont have an external thermometer so I cant tell.

Also does anyone know what the chipset temp (north bridge) should be? my bios is reporting 40C at 'idle' stock everything which is a bit high i think compared to the CPU that is idling at 23C lil but I really dont know

I came from an asus a8n sli deluxe to the nf4 expert

here are the different readings with exerything the same hardware and cooling

athlon64 3700 sd ada3700d4a5bn

kab2e 0546f pmw

asus

idle 33c

load 45c

dfi

idle 28

load 34

• 3 weeks later...
Guest burningrave101

So has anyone figured out about how far off these sensors are? Is it like 8-10C? I'm going to adjust the new setting in the BIOS to try and compensate and i'm just wondering what setting i should use.

I was noticeing that i couldn't hit as high on my Opteron 165 with the stock cooler cause it was running around 5-6C hotter then my aftermarket cooler and was causing it to fail Prime even though temps didn't seem that high. I'm guessing since this board is reporting about 10C off then instead of it being like 44-45C it was 54-55C and thats why it was crapping out.

When is DFI going to come out with a BIOS that addresses this problem? Its been a while since the last release...

So has anyone figured out about how far off these sensors are? Is it like 8-10C? I'm going to adjust the new setting in the BIOS to try and compensate and i'm just wondering what setting i should use.

I was noticeing that i couldn't hit as high on my Opteron 165 with the stock cooler cause it was running around 5-6C hotter then my aftermarket cooler and was causing it to fail Prime even though temps didn't seem that high. I'm guessing since this board is reporting about 10C off then instead of it being like 44-45C it was 54-55C and thats why it was crapping out.

When is DFI going to come out with a BIOS that addresses this problem? Its been a while since the last release...

3/29/06 is 'a while' in new BIOS release terms? Not compared to the last interval it would seem.