DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

Well, I could live with 10C off. Any more and I'd be a little nervous... :(

ya... tell me about it! Mine read roughly 16C low. The good news is that I am smart enough to calculate that delta and adjust my monitoring programs accordingly. The bad news is that it seems that DFI (and nearly every other mobo manufacturer as well) could really care less.

It's sometimes funny to sit back and think about all of the things that your computer is capable of doing (such as searching for ET, calculating PI at record speeds, and rendering trillions of polygons) but something as simple as reporting a temperature within +/- 1C is impossible! How long ago was the digital thermometer invented!?

*cough* 21st century what?! *cough*

I believe that it probably comes down to laziness on the part of chip or motherboard manufacturers, or both.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many have, me to I have a problem with the CPU temperatures.

Stock my CPU gives me a temp of 17 degrees

Motherboard: 32 degrees

Chipset: 42 degrees

But is the temperature chipset IT8712F correct?

If I open in speedfan options > advanced > IT8712F

Then you can chose between the kinds of sensor diodes. If I put it on thermistor (standard) it was 17 °C. But if i put it on diode then it is 69 degrees. But you can choose many other options, like temperature offset, shouldnt it be +20 or something like that? I'm just guessing, problably im wrong, but maybe it the problem lies there.

(srry for crappy english)

hi

every1 seens tell them h2o temps,but how about sink cooler temps.

i have Tt typhoon and i have my sig clocks about (ITE) 37 idle and 57 load temps,is it ok????

i have newest bios,so how sharp it show thouse temps,cn i trus it?

hi

every1 seens tell them h2o temps,but how about sink cooler temps.

i have Tt typhoon and i have my sig clocks about (ITE) 37 idle and 57 load temps,is it ok????

i have newest bios,so how sharp it show thouse temps,cn i trus it?

that load temperature you have is REALLY high... I'd be very careful running it that hot! You may wish to re-install your Typhoon. This time, take extra care to use the proper amount of Arctic Silver 5 (just a small dab in the center!), and be sure to check that the heatsink is sitting evenly on the entire chip!

Like ex roadie said..OPTERONS ARE NOT SUPPORTED guys...so they maybe work on a DFGI but theres no support for them so we have to live with that.

It has been proven that this problem has nothing to do with Opterons specifically. The horribly misreported temperatures are an issue on some Expert boards, regardless of the type of cpu used.

next time please read the entire thread before jumping to conclusions.

None of the sensors are very acurate. While it would be fairly easy to calibrate them better, it might be too time consuming. Each model would need to be calibrated and in some cases individual boards might have serious issues.

It has been proven that this problem has nothing to do with Opterons specifically. The horribly misreported temperatures are an issue on some Expert boards, regardless of the type of cpu used.

next time please read the entire thread before jumping to conclusions.

Too long, i´m sorry.