DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

Hi All,

I just got my DFI Expert board yesterday :) Everything is running fine with my Opty 165. One thing I want to ask is anyone out there having problems with the CPU temp sensor being out? According to Smartguardian my cpu temp was 30'c @ full load (both cores) but when I had the opty in my Asus Sli Deluxe, full load was around 55-58'c!

Now my ambient temps are pretty high as I'm in the tropics.. often around 28-30'c. At the moment with the cpu idle its reporting 23'c!!! the ambient is around 29'c!!! something is definitely wrong here. I have asked some other Expert owners and they seem to have the same problem with temps being too low.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thanks

Willz

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be getting my Expert tomorrow so I hope this issue is fixed ASAP

Without even semi accurate temp readings is not the way to OC :mad:

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for this to be fixed before I oc this baby :P

I have opty 175 on Expert board. with dangerden H20. Idle = 21~23 Load (1.424V) = 32C

Previously I had 4400+ X2 on SLI-DR Idle = 30 Load = 44C on the same H20 Setup.

But I think the Opty is a bit cooler and I did a better job with the AS5 on the Opty this time./

Guest thespin

There was a post stating that the MBM setup for non-Expert didn't work for the Expert. Maybe the same is true for Smartguardian. What are the temps in the bios under 'PC health' I believe ...

yes i am suspecting an issue with temps as well. I am in Sydney and it's pretty warm here.........my idle temps are within a 1-2C of ambient and load at stock is only 5C higher....25C....which is unbelievable...........here are some screenshots........I will eventually get around to pulling my external temp sensor and wedge it on a side of the heatsink to check the temps....but they are certainly waay to low.....

i posted in another thread here

is anyone running their dual core in the new DFI Expert board........mine is showing seriously low temps.......i'm starting to think there may be an issue with the CPU temp sensor....anyone else experiencing low reported CPU temps?!?

Priming at stock 25C load temps .......idle 20C........don't forget i live in sydney......hence not exactly cold this time of year if you know what i mean

primestock14hours2ba.th.jpg

here is the idle temp

idle2ty.th.jpg

here it is priming at 2.6GHz 1.42V.....32C load ......can't be that low can it

prime26ghz142v33m7qj.th.jpg

I remember reading somewhere, a review about the Asus board that has the newer voltage regulators on them, that it actually makes the temps on the cpu cooler. But, I did not think they were THAT cooler. And it was on an Intel board.

AnandTech

Im not sure how the newer voltage regulators on this board work, or how they are made, but, it could be the reason you are seeing lower temps.

the temps seem fine with my expert, idle at 24c full load at 42C at 2.87ghz 1.6v but i am on H20

have you compared those results with previous NF4 DFI boards..........Opteron at 1.6V gets damn hot so i think you are seeing unrealistic temps too

Since the Opteron isn't officially supported by DFI on the nF4 motherboards, you guys are operating outside of the norms.

When you're playing with processors that aren't supported you really can't complain about a problem with temp reporting.