unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

The strange thing is that Anandtech's price engine lists the $299 OEM 165 and the $365 OEM 170 as being refurbished parts.

http://labs.anandtech.com/alllinks.php?pfilter=3938

Not sure if this is accurate or not, before Monarch's listings showed up normally on Anandtech's price engine, now it says refurbished. It doesn't say anywhere on Monarch's page that the chip is a refurb, they would have to let you know wouldn't they?

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just rma'd my 175 to newegg yesterday, hopefully next week i'll get a good one ;)

Me too! what stepping did you have?

The FedEx lady just handed me my 165 but I don't have any other parts yet. Its a CCBWE 0546MPMW. Anyone know what overclocks I can expect from this one? I'll be putting it in an expert board when I get it in about two weeks.

The FedEx lady just handed me my 165 but I don't have any other parts yet. Its a CCBWE 0546MPMW. Anyone know what overclocks I can expect from this one? I'll be putting it in an expert board when I get it in about two weeks.

I got mine today too, exact same stepping :D

Im goin to start the festivities here shortly ;)

Ill let u know how it goes.

Mines up to 300x9 with 1.425 vcore. Running dual prime right now, and will let it run for 8 or more hours.

So far it seems to be a tank. :)

Just received two Opteron 170's from Monarch. For those who are curious about the steppings coming from Monarch, they are both CCBWE 0530TPMW. Won't have a chance to do anything with them until this weekend.

Yepp, me too. This is what I got after two hours of Fedex hunting yesterday:

0530.jpg

Went for 8 hour dual prime stable, and core 0 couldnt take it, the second one seems to be the stronge one.

2700.jpg

So i turned the voltage up a little and now theyre both stable, 300x9 @ 1.45

2700-.jpg

Tried 2.8 but core 0 is a real slacker, wont do it @ 1.475 and i dont want to give it more.

Core 1 runs fine at 2.8 @1.45 and i dont doubt it could hit 2.9 maybe 3.0. :drool:

oh well core 0 is now the red headed step child in this family.