unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just recieved my Opty 175 last night. It installed without a hitch and is perfectly stable at stock speeds/voltage. It Prime95'd (1 on each core) all night with no issues and tonight I will get down to seeing how high I can clock it.

Mike

Just recieved my Opty 175 last night. It installed without a hitch and is perfectly stable at stock speeds/voltage. It Prime95'd (1 on each core) all night with no issues and tonight I will get down to seeing how high I can clock it.

Mike

What stepping?

dude, stick with what you got, unless you're using a peltier setup or something there's not sure bet that you'll get a better oc with an opty. my 175 is only stable at 2.55G at 1.4V, i'm fighting for 2.6 w/o raising the vcore that much more. i'll be sending it back to newegg tomorrow.

dude, stick with what you got, unless you're using a peltier setup or something there's not sure bet that you'll get a better oc with an opty. my 175 is only stable at 2.55G at 1.4V, i'm fighting for 2.6 w/o raising the vcore that much more. i'll be sending it back to newegg tomorrow.

thanks

Got my OEM 170 in from Monarch yesterday afternoon. I was expecting the decent 0546XPMW stepping everyone else that purchased during the "24 Hour Sale" has been getting from them, but I opened the box and found... uh...

0530TPMW. :eek:

At first I was confused and a bit concerned, as I figured the only way I could have gotten that stepping was if Monarch had sold me a used one (returned by a customer) as new.

Expecting the worst, I popped it in and shot for 2.6GHz. Stable. 2.7 at 1.4V failed in torture test on one core after a few hours, so a bump to 1.42V (as reported by MBM5) got it stable.

Now torture testing at 2.8 with 1.46V, looking good and haven't seen a max load temp go over 40C. I'm eager to see how far this thing can be pushed within safe voltage limits.

Customer-returned item sold to me as new or not, I think this one's looking good so far. :D

I have a x2 3800 at 2.8ghz 1.48V

I was thinking on a opteron 170 dual core.

Will I get noticeable performace and Oc?

dude, stick with what you got, unless you're using a peltier setup or something there's not sure bet that you'll get a better oc with an opty.

I second that................

Got my OEM 170 in from Monarch yesterday afternoon. I was expecting the decent 0546XPMW stepping everyone else that purchased during the "24 Hour Sale" has been getting from them, but I opened the box and found... uh...

0530TPMW. :eek:

At first I was confused and a bit concerned, as I figured the only way I could have gotten that stepping was if Monarch had sold me a used one (returned by a customer) as new.

Expecting the worst, I popped it in and shot for 2.6GHz. Stable. 2.7 at 1.4V failed in torture test on one core after a few hours, so a bump to 1.42V (as reported by MBM5) got it stable.

Now torture testing at 2.8 with 1.46V, looking good and haven't seen a max load temp go over 40C. I'm eager to see how far this thing can be pushed within safe voltage limits.

Customer-returned item sold to me as new or not, I think this one's looking good so far. :D

unbelievably sweet

I received a retail 165 1 week prior form Monarch it was a 0534 MPMW..so the stock could be old or new..I saw someone got aoem 170 0530 in last week or so....

I wish that was the price when I ordered..I paid $40 for retail(no oem in stock)...I would have gotten the oem 170 for $365....