unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

Thanks for that mate. Sorry about not ansering your tempretures lol ;)

I only got my 175 on XP-120 air so cant say cause i dont know alot about water cooling. Voltage seems high but then again like you say, Your on water. As long as temp's dont go above 50 im happy, 55 absolute max for me

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, it really sounds as if my Opteron 175... and maybe yours too, have a lower overclock limit than other's... as a matter of fact this one reminds me of my very old 3200+ Venice which was a later stepping which couldn't overclock past 2.6 ghz at any vcore I threw at it.

I guess you are right, if the cpu isn't at risk then it is ok. Already my 3dMark06 result at a lower speed is higher than with the 3700+ SD @ 2.99 ghz. FEAR also got a huge performance increase... problem is I was expecting to run at same speeds than single core, but I think I was quite crazy then :tooth:

But wouldn't it be better if each of these two cpu's I have now ran at the same frequency of the old San Diego??? :nod:

And grrrr... system crashed again after 1 hour of Prime95, not even error found it just crashed. I believe I might be experiencing power supply problems... hmm :confused:

a "when I was away at school" primer:

capture0515xv.th.jpg

:nod:

Mate. I have the same exact stepping. Can you share your settings with me? current i am at 2.85 Ghz at 1.390. I cant hit 2.9 stable on prime 95. Must be something I am doing wrong? Can u mssg me with your settings? Thanks mate

Mate. I have the same exact stepping. Can you share your settings with me? current i am at 2.85 Ghz at 1.390. I cant hit 2.9 stable on prime 95. Must be something I am doing wrong? Can u mssg me with your settings? Thanks mate

What exatly are the settings you are looking for?

From what I can see you have both different sticks and the expert motherboard...

:)

mine just arrived today. CCBWE 0602 BPMW. Plugged her straight in at default Vcore 2.52ghz 9x280 150mhz divider 38 load so far 1 1/2 hours prime stable.

2.6ghz was my goal, i guess i'm gonna make that with this chip.