unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to drop the ldt to3x..4x makes it greater than 1000

270x4=1080..this will cause issues for most..also I would for now set ram to 133 divider and 3-3-3-8-1t and run small fft with dual prime95 and see if the cpu will do 2700

then later go back and max ram..the reason is the mem. controller is on the cpu and as you increase the overclock not all cpus can handle high ram mhz(even if the ram is rated higher or memtests higher)

you need to drop the ldt to3x..4x makes it greater than 1000

270x4=1080..this will cause issues for most..also I would for now set ram to 133 divider and 3-3-3-8-1t and run small fft with dual prime95 and see if the cpu will do 2700

then later go back and max ram..the reason is the mem. controller is on the cpu and as you increase the overclock not all cpus can handle high ram mhz(even if the ram is rated higher or memtests higher)

From what i have read.. and i can find the source.. that the ldt multiplier should be AROUND 2000 being fsb x ldt x 2 = around 2000... please correct me if im wrong...

should i try running dual prime first before i make any changes? or will i see a preformance difference?

Thanks

From what i have read.. and i can find the source.. that the ldt multiplier should be AROUND 2000 being fsb x ldt x 2 = around 2000... please correct me if im wrong...

should i try running dual prime first before i make any changes? or will i see a preformance difference?

Thanks

You really need to just try the basics.

LDT=3x

1/2 divider.

If you fail prime now all you can do is either lower your fsb or increase voltage. Thats it, there is nothing else you'll be able to do.

The only other thing that might help is to try every combination of dram drive strengths and data drive strengths--which will take a lot of time and patience on your part.

Good luck. :)

You really need to just try the basics.

LDT=3x

1/2 divider.

If you fail prime now all you can do is either lower your fsb or increase voltage. Thats it, there is nothing else you'll be able to do.

The only other thing that might help is to try every combination of dram drive strengths and data drive strengths--which will take a lot of time and patience on your part.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the great info.. ok just one last thing...this may be a stupid quesiton...when i run prime... and it does fail... could/would the memory be the issue.. and maybe not the cpu?

ok well heres where im at:

fsb 260

LDT=3x

cpu multi 10x

core voltage 1.475..

mem 5/6

dual prime went a little better with same settings but 1.450

the temps are good... at load.. about 46-47C

should i not go any higher then 1.475? and lower my fsb somemore..

man i was hoping at least to hit 2.6g

Thanks for the great info.. ok just one last thing...this may be a stupid quesiton...when i run prime... and it does fail... could/would the memory be the issue.. and maybe not the cpu?

Yes it could be. Or it could be that your cpu and memory combination doesn't like the 5/6 divider, it happens sometimes. It could also be that you won't get any further with your cpu, most of us will take it to at least 1.5 volts, but watch your temps to make sure they stay under 50C. In fact, just be careful period since some expert board show 10C lower than they really are.

Ok thanks.. the only thing that makes me think its the cpu is that only one of the cores will fail.. the other one has no problems

i don't know....

frustrating.....

time for a break....

thanks for all the help

if anyone has any other suggestions ... please throw them my way...

also i use Motherboard monitor and speedfan to monitor temps

memory is a real issue with these opterons...do not forget winxp and dll can cause issues as well

I have not in a long time test a fresh xp install with essentially no apps to see if this helps

The blended prime 95 is issue for me as well..I test small and large fft and have no issues but when trying to use alot of my ram I have prime 95 failures...

with that said I never used blend test on my prior venice..just 15hr of no failure small and large fft...never had any game or usage issues, no BSODs, crashes..except when I screwed around with stuff like the registry...

I do not use blend prime95....IMHO if my systme will pass 12-15hrs of small/large fft I am happy and have no issues

I would not bet my system at stock could pass blended prime95