Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it on Ebay, three weeks ago, but I don't know when the former owner actaully bought it.

I am not so worried about hitting 3Ghz as I am just getting something out of it.

How exactly do you read stepping codes anyway?

Check out post #3 on the following link for the AMD OC Database and OverclockGuide

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=...#post1027493935

There is a detailed description on the stepping codes for current AMD chips.

Any have any info on the Optero 148 CABYE 0535XPMW?

This is the chip I have now, and have only found one person, through a google search in any forum with the same chip, and I can't even contact him because the sites registration won't load (ARGHHHHHHH)

I am in the process of trying to OC the chip. Have a BIG TYPHOON for aircooling right now, but will be moving to water cooling (parts are inbound as I post).

Thanks guys

I have a 148 CAYBE 0543 and its at 2.9 stable. Air cooling.

I have a 148 CAYBE 0543 and its at 2.9 stable. Air cooling.

I have a 148 CABYE 0543 FPMW - and get up to 3.0GHz - with air cooling.

Up to 2.95GHz SuperPI 32M Stable.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4484/su...mwander11xd.jpg

But can´t pass 3.055GHz - even with more vcore ... - it´s not stable - but i think its just memory tweak since i´m running up 1:1 - Gskill PC4800 r0x

Anyone know any memory tweaking guide for opteron ?!

I've tried heaps of options with this chip and the best I can get out of it is 193HTT x 9 = 2637.4Mhz with a 9/10 memory ratio SuperPI 32m stable. I'm happy with the memory controller, there is no way I could get PC4300 with my Venice 3000+ I'm a little bit dissapointed with the chip as I would have liked 2.8 - 2.9 but anyways its still a half decent chip and out performs my Venice 3000+ at similar speeds. The 2x1GB OCZ performance PC3500 is performing all right PC4300 :D Hope this helps someone.

Opteron 144 CAB2E 0548FPMW

DFI nF4 SLI-D (623-3) 2x1GB OCZ Performance dual channel PC3500@PC4300

hi :P

we have the same opteron144 :nod:

i just change from the stock heatsink to a xp90c and i got a measly 100 mhz boost from 2.7g 1.45v at stock hsf to what i am doing now. but im getting good load temp <43deg c ambient of mid 30deg , its hovering ard 40 deg on load.

im doing 2808 , htt 312 x 9 rams are as per sig. they are stable and im folding for a day and counting , i have tried some 3d runs too.

I tried to use the table from HardOCP to get an understanding of my chip, but not sure about part of the code.

Let me see if I got this right?

CPU ID- 0SA 148 D A A 5 BN

Example- AAA BBBB C D E 1 FF

S

A = ????? not listed on HARDOCP site.

8 = PR #

D = S939, lidded

A = Variable (1.3-1.4v)

A = Variable (51-71c)

5 = 1024kb

BN = E4 San Diego, s939

Guest DjDaLiu

I have Opteron 146 CABYE 0540 and run 2700 Mhz (270 x 10) with stock voltage. The problem is i cant run my memorys in dual channel, i get alot of BSOD, doesnt matter if i run stock speed or overclock, if i run only with 1 stick of memory everything is perfect, i run with both stick of memory separately and the memory are just fine, no errors in memtest at 270 Mhz, passed alots of hours prime95. What should i do, i just change one mobo at RMA but not the mobo is the problem, i think is my memory or my cpu. What u think guys?

Hi people. I'm a noob to this opteron business and i'm about to buy a new machine so i need to know some things. I'll be using the DFI NF4 board.

I can get either a 146 or 148. Which steppings (1st, 2nd best) should i look for?

My aim isn't to to have a beast. It's to have a good, quiet machine.

I can get a xp 90 or 120, whichever is better. Which fan should i go for? Remember that i'm after a quiet (but not noiseless) computer. My previous experience with a 90mm delta fan put me off no-holds-barred (well, besides budget) cooling solutions.

Are the multipliers unlocked? What's this "IHS removed" business? internal heatsink?

I've got a limited budget. What kind of impact does using ram dividers have on performance? Is it worth it to invest in a gig of pc4400 ram?

Would a 450w TP2 antec PSU be sufficient?

And finally, where can i see some benchmarks comparing stock/overclocked opty to say a 3700+ san diego or an FX-55 for example?