Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

I've tried heaps of options with this chip and the best I can get out of it is 193HTT x 9 = 2637.4Mhz with a 9/10 memory ratio SuperPI 32m stable. I'm happy with the memory controller, there is no way I could get PC4300 with my Venice 3000+ I'm a little bit dissapointed with the chip as I would have liked 2.8 - 2.9 but anyways its still a half decent chip and out performs my Venice 3000+ at similar speeds. The 2x1GB OCZ performance PC3500 is performing all right PC4300 :D Hope this helps someone.

Opteron 144 CAB2E 0548FPMW

DFI nF4 SLI-D (623-3) 2x1GB OCZ Performance dual channel PC3500@PC4300

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. This is my first time on this board... lots of talk around here. 73 pages of full content; way too much for me to read! hehe. I'm getting ready to buy the core of my computer parts, the motherboard and cpu. I had thought about the ASRock 939dual w/ 3700+ 939 -- but after further research, I think I am going to go with the DFI Lanparty nforce4 motherboard with the opteron 148. I saw it is very good with overclocking and will soon be banned from being sold in retail outlets (I heard they want to make it strictly for businesses because everyone is overclocking it). Before they all go, I want to get my hands on one. I saw an Opteron 148 for $210 -- is that still a good price? It's OEM, but I'm sure if it was retail even, I wouldn't want to use the heatsink and fan they supply, correct? If so, can someone recommend me a good heatsink & fan for it? I don't want to go overboard, but I would like the overclocking capability. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance and I'll keep checking up on here tonight.

does anyone know if your memory had to stay the same as your fsb or can u just raise ur cpu since my ram only goes to like 215.. teaches me to buy generic dual channel ram from compusmart eh.......By the way i have a cab2e and im waiting for my motherboard of ebay haha.

is the percentage thing i explained the divider? and how high can the 146 cab2e get on stock air coolers?

mobo- dfi lanparty ut ultra d

cpu- opteron 146 cab2e(are the as good as cabye)

memory- 1gb dual channel pc 3200 (compusmart ram which blows for clocking)

video- looking into 7600 when released

power- 480 watt 120mm fan

Any have any info on the Optero 148 CABYE 0535XPMW?

This is the chip I have now, and have only found one person, through a google search in any forum with the same chip, and I can't even contact him because the sites registration won't load (ARGHHHHHHH)

I am in the process of trying to OC the chip. Have a BIG TYPHOON for aircooling right now, but will be moving to water cooling (parts are inbound as I post).

Thanks guys