Sign in to follow this  
ixtapalapaquetl

Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Can anyone pm me with a good source for 146 or 148's? perhaps a source a little off the beaten path (as in: not newegg! lol).. Perhaps a source that is knowledgeable enough to read me the stepping over the phone, or via email?

I really wish to build my new system next week, and I have every other piece of the rig, but I'm holding off until I find a decent opteron!

thanks ahead of time! (hoping to join the Opty OC club very soon!)

You should look for smaller shops,possibly near you,big ones won`t tell you.

I got my CABYE from newegg but that was a lucky draw!

@ TO ALL

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hey blinky,

That is the same stepping I got on my 148 (CACJE 0546). At the moment I have been testing since I got it and running at 2.915GHz and it's priming (Large FFT's) stable going on 14hours (Started last night)! Unfortunelty it's Christmas and I need to go to my parents house so I'll end the priming in about an hour of so. Because I am on water I don't want to leave my system on all day without me there. By the way I am still using the same voltage I started with 1.4v. Before starting prime95 last night I went through SuperPI a handfull of times @32m, again with no problems. Max temps so far are happening right now during the long run of prime (29C), I'm pretty happy with that! Once I get maxed out with it I will post screenies and test results so others can compare there CACJE 0546, I must say alot of people are having very good luck so far with this stepping!

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS, Thanks For All Your Help This Year!!!

Thanks for the info Roger_D25

Best wishes to all for Xmas and 2006.

DFI UT nF4 Ultra-D Board+Opteron 175 Combo?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and couldn't help but notice the current (as in latest) problems with some DFI boards and AMD processors (fried CPU's). I've just purchased (but haven't taken delivery on) a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D board and Opteron 175 CPU. With the cost of these CPUs and what I'm now reading about DFI boards frying CPUs I'm not sure I want to take a $520 chance....... I had planned on just using this board with default settings (reliability is more important to me than overclocking). Any suggestions/advice/comments on this DFI board + this Opteron CPU combination would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Happy Holidays!

Nik

You probably won't want to hear this but the motherboard you got is most likely going to be complete overkill if your not interested in overclocking, or stability! Plus with so many BIOS options it may be hard for you to get decent stability if your not intereted is playing around with all the settings to get there. I am no expert on the subject but if your gonna pretty much leave your CPU/RAM running at stock levels I would suggest getting a different motherboard! I'll send you a P/M for specific suggestions!

Opty 165 ran for 10 hrs+ at 307 x 9 on prime, here comes the fun part, to see how the Ballistix fare with it. This is on the XP 120, hsf still on, plan to get it off naked later.

TechMonk...

Good question! I have the same stepped chip, I'm curious to know this also. I think it will be hit or miss with our stepping. I won't be able to give you any insite on my chip for a while as I'm not done getting all my hardware. I know...where are my priorities! Anyhow keep us all posted as to your progress.

Happy Holidays All !!

Can anyone pm me with a good source for 146 or 148's? perhaps a source a little off the beaten path (as in: not newegg! lol).. Perhaps a source that is knowledgeable enough to read me the stepping over the phone, or via email?

I really wish to build my new system next week, and I have every other piece of the rig, but I'm holding off until I find a decent opteron!

thanks ahead of time! (hoping to join the Opty OC club very soon!)

Can't say if they even sell Opterons anymore, but compumusic.com answered my emails and sent me the chip I requested. Keep google-ing it and send e-mails to the ones you've not heard of(wouldn't suggest that for any other component). Drown the world in e-mails if need be. Asking them to read all steppings is unlikely, send a few spacific steps, and say if they have them you will buy immeadiatley. Worked for me...

Luck

DFI UT nF4 Ultra-D Board+Opteron 175 Combo?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and couldn't help but notice the current (as in latest) problems with some DFI boards and AMD processors (fried CPU's). I've just purchased (but haven't taken delivery on) a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D board and Opteron 175 CPU. With the cost of these CPUs and what I'm now reading about DFI boards frying CPUs I'm not sure I want to take a $520 chance....... I had planned on just using this board with default settings (reliability is more important to me than overclocking). Any suggestions/advice/comments on this DFI board + this Opteron CPU combination would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Happy Holidays!

Nik

All depends on what the rig is for. Gaming, work, vid editing. And the other components, thats why your asked to make a sig. I'll PM you...

i'm using the 148 incredible chip clocking capabilities of the 3000 with alot less volts idle temps are high but under load just fine 48c load prime i know this chip got a little bit more left in it but will test it later!

You probably won't want to hear this but the motherboard you got is most likely going to be complete overkill if your not interested in overclocking, or stability! Plus with so many BIOS options it may be hard for you to get decent stability if your not intereted is playing around with all the settings to get there. I am no expert on the subject but if your gonna pretty much leave your CPU/RAM running at stock levels I would suggest getting a different motherboard! I'll send you a P/M for specific suggestions!

i used to be asus all the way great boards but like you say if you're not going to really get into oc'ing to the max stick with asus. i switched to dfi because asus could'nt get me to where i wanted to get in oc'ing. dfi and asus only good boards out there had the a8n-sli prem loved it but like my dfi nf4 sli-dr more. cant go wrong either way both great boards