Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

I'm stuck at just under 3 GHz but rock stable. I've been running OCCT torture in at same time as Prime95 CPU has been solid 100% for 4.5 hours now and memory usage is over 90% constantly with only slight changes. I haven't had it quite 2 full days yet. I've got

good temps. I swapped the regular CPU HS faan for the VanTec Tornado and that 92mm fan is singing and my memory is getting active cooling too. My Raptor is setting at 28C my PWMIC is 41C, NF4 chip is 42C and CPU is steady at 46C. Before I changed the fan yesterday, the CPU hit 58C during Prime95 run and that sort of pushed my decision to swap fans. This chip is amazing, I run OCCT stability test same time as Prime95 and it's rock solid. WOOEE.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys new to DFI, got an Opteron 146. I can boot into windows @ 3ghz, [email protected],4,4,8 2t @2.7v ( the rest is set as auto)

I can run superPi 1m, and passes memtest86+ no problems.

My bolts is @ 1.6v. How good is smart uardian @ temps as it says 66C, but when prime stops it immediately jumps to 45C.

I cant run prime95, cuts out after a min gives me an error of 0.5 expecting 0.4 or summit.

any help to get prime started?

my first time with DFi as decided to ditch the mSI K8n SLI.

phil

well when you cant run prime . cpu isnt stable

either drop the mhz down

or raise the V more to stable.

nothing else can really be done

and run superpi32m instead

if that runs into errors. lower memory a tad

superpi until its stable (you might have to fiddle with mem settings)

after its stable. then prime

then again with same mhz. errors?

lower mhz then too

hey guys new to DFI, got an Opteron 146. I can boot into windows @ 3ghz, [email protected],4,4,8 2t @2.7v ( the rest is set as auto)

I can run superPi 1m, and passes memtest86+ no problems.

My bolts is @ 1.6v. How good is smart uardian @ temps as it says 66C, but when prime stops it immediately jumps to 45C.

I cant run prime95, cuts out after a min gives me an error of 0.5 expecting 0.4 or summit.

any help to get prime started?

my first time with DFi as decided to ditch the mSI K8n SLI.

phil

Fight it out. Just that simple. But first you gotta put up your steppings(in your sig), week 40 so I'm guessing CABGE, maybe CABYE.

What dividers have you tried?

Chipset is the last likley to need voltage, but if your running in the 3000MHz range with memory (assuming TCCD because of the frequency) up there too, its a possability. I run 1.6 24/7, and some run 1.7 24/7.

ok m8 will lower the cpu.

Yeah, when you've tried everything, sounds like you haven't. Try a little more and keep posting, this thread is made for you.

And, welcome to DFI Street!

cheers m8, sorry forgot about the stepping its CABYE 0540 FPMW.

btw I was messing with ram timings, using the XS forums guide for DDR600 on nf4 using the same timings, I could get 2.5,3,3,6 1t @ 2.7

memtest sucessfully passed at test5 about 20times. but when i go into windows 10x300 superPi is not having it nor is prime95.

but does boot into windows :/

phil

what is the lastest version of smart guardian? as my temps when trying prime jumps to 66C, then when prime fails, it goes straight to 45C.

also what is a safe voltage for an opteron on air? 1.7v?

phil