Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another stability test...I pretty much stopped using it as it more often than not will pass but prime95 will fail...

just finished sp2004 is that ok?

im not to keen on prime as it takes too long and wouldnt want to leave my pc incase it froze and died

cliffy, which bios settings?

mem timmings along with the nits at the bottom like dram drive strength? cant even get the windows logo screen at 3Ghz i'm sure i am missing something.... still chuffed to bits to be at 2.8GHz

Have you tried a memory divider?

My 150 Opteron arrived about an hour ago. Got it installed and running a SuperPi SSE3 version at stock 2.4 GHz. When that completes I'll push it up a notch. I'm selling stuff to try to get the $1500 I will need to jump to VapoChill Extreme EX II.

SuperPi completed 29 min 23 sec, about normal for 2.4 GHz. Gotta go play.

Opteron%20150%20006.jpg

It's all okay as long as you are happy with your results ;)

for £100 over the moon :D

occt & sp2004 out of the way & now i gotta do a 8 hour prime test to put it in the OCDB so if all 3 pass we should be great :D

Guest laydback
A couple of questions for various peeps.

Silencer

Quote:

The CPU is 29-30c idle and 30-31c under load. The system is 28-29c. I have the bios set at 1.475v but the BIOS Reading as well as SmartGuardian/CPUz show 1.42-1.44v for the actual power level.

Just not possible to only go up 1c when loaded. Maybe you meant 40-41? Its still pretty good for stock sink if thats the case.

What kind of temps are you getting on the zalman res laydback? Like under prime or pi?

Max temp while doing 32m SuperPI is 52c. MaxTcase on my chip is 57c. I have a Swifttech pump and TT Radiator on order which should help my temps a little. Im running my baby naked of course. Once you pop, you can't stop!! Prime fails instantly so .... I can play any game I choose for however many hours I want without any problems.

Guest laydback
for £100 over the moon :D

occt & sp2004 out of the way & now i gotta do a 8 hour prime test to put it in the OCDB so if all 3 pass we should be great :D

Got any screenshots?