Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Socket 939 - Advice on Dual Opty 165 & DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI

Hello,

I am considering upgrading from "Rig 1" in my sig and have a socket 939 Dual Opty 165 in mind paired up with a DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding a couple of questions I have to help educate me before my purchase:

1) I just wanna know if this cpu/mobo combination works together, first off - and how well does it OC?

2) I plan on getting a 600w coolmax PSU and OCZ gold PC4000 (2x1GB) ram to go along with the above CPU/MB - is there any known issues with this hardware combination.

3) Just to be sure: Does this MB support sata II - from what I've read it does, but just checking ...

4) Does anybody have any tips/horror stories from any of the above mentioned components?

thanks alot for the feedback. I plan on buying this new system for myself for x-mas 2006 and I'm determined to make sure that I make the right purchase - but I need some help. Plus I figure that the $$$ for all of my components will have gone down in price by the time I buy this stuff. It will be a significant upgrade to what I'm running now, so I'm not too concerned with the "new stuff" that will come out by december.

Guest LithoTech
Today, I've broken the 3DMark2001 SE' 40k barrier with a X1900XTX @648/774MHz stock cooled and the Opty 146 @3.4GHz under Cascade...

That vid card is nutz! :drool: Can you imagine two in CF? Break 50k?

And tomorrow, the world!

Guest LithoTech
I really need some help getting My system stable.....It passes OCCT&P95 stab test.....fails P95 TT. Original post http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52122

The best i got so far is like 9 hrs.....Thread shows latest updates.

Should I use diff bios W/DDR600 + Opteron?

Worth a try. I'm still on 623 too, shipped with my board. I've been tempted several times to try 704-2BT, but keep putting it off till just after I try this, or that, and then this, or that. :confused: :D

Be interested in hearing back if it helped, or even not. :nod:

I have a question about the Opteron cores. I have'nt had mine long, I had it on my nf4slidr board and sawaped it to a nf3 ultraD for kicks mostly. Core 0 seems to be the weak one of the 2 and in the reading of posts around the forums it seems core0

is the one that has problems the most. now I read a little about the IHS causing the problem with core0. So question is Is it more likely the IHS and delta temps causing the problem or is more likely just core0 is weaker? Now time to bust up this trac 2 cartrige :D