Noise...is Very Loud

I have an antec case with a 340 watt PSU, an 80 mm fan up front, an 80mm fan in the side, and 80mm fan in the back, an athlon 2000+ etc etc blah blah blah.

My comp is loud as hell. So loud that I can hear it down the hall in the bathroom (40+feet) Is there any way to silence this beast? I've already put shitloads of the foam padding stuff thats supposed to reduce noise on the sides, top and bottom of the case, to no avail. its the compusa accoustic dampening stuff...didn't do much. any suggestions?

or you can buy a fanbus/reostat so u dont have to buy new fans.

im going to have to since im getting ready to buy 5 80mm tornado fans....yes i said 5 and for about 2 weeks they will all be running full speed....well i take that back, i might just leave 2 plugged in because the 4 case fans now probably arent doing as much as 2 tornados would do. and since my bed is..........let me measure.......3 feet 2 inches exactly from my pc. LOL so the noise...OOO thats loud!

im going to have to since im getting ready to buy 5 80mm tornado fans....yes i said 5

:lol: You're gonna have to bolt it down to the desk or it will fly off :lol::lol:

Thats 420 cubic feet of air a minute :D

Edited by kobalt

youre crazy 'kobalt' but got respect for ya hehehe. i have one 92mm fan going to my OCed 1700 XP...crap that's loud enough as it is. have a kingwin case, i wanna replace my fans, make em stronger but DONT want the extra noise. got two intake fans and one exhaust. any suggestions? would be greatly appreciated :)

lol, not like my little bro. got the new enermax case (similar to the xaser III). 7 case fans, 1 cpu fan, chipset fan, vidcard fan, 2 fans in the antec power suply. Best part about it: 8 tornadoes (case and cpu), thermal take vid card cooler, and captain crazy, AS epoxied an older alpha heatsink and 60mm delta fan to his northbridge. NO speed or thermal control on this thing, and it runs 24x7 in his room. It sounds about like riding in a C130 with the tail down.

honestly, i kind of don't mind the fan noise myself, lets me know those guys are working and lets me know things will stay cool :P

of course i keep a floor fan in my bedroom running all the time to circulate air, so you really can't hear my comp over that ;)

ya i can relate to u on the noise factor

i have 9 fans total and they were all running at 12 volts and it sounded like a vacuum cleaner, and it bothered my brother more than it bothered me so he made all my fans 6 volts except the cpu fan