Hurricane Katrina - Now with Video Link

red930

Shot from the front of the house.

http://myweb.cableone.net/mondo/boardedup.jpg

The back of the house us boarded up except for the back door. There's no way I'm staying in a house with only one exit. If the storm door gets broken we can put up a cut sheet of plywood from the inside.

Freakin' Jim Cantore is still hanging out down here. As soon as he leaves I'm gonna have a beer!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep us informed ExRoadie,I might be headed that way shortly,looks like I see some trees out back,if you are dead center of the landfall most of the worst damage typically occurs just to the E/NE of the eye,so that's where I try to go 1st

They just upped the sustained winds to 150kts which is 172mph. That's just ludicrous!

Well, the decision to leave is starting to look like a reality.

Hot Chick and her family are headed for Thomasville, GA.

Lovey(my most recent Ex and my roommate Cobia's sister) just called, she's headed to Dothan, AL with some friends.

My Uncle left New Orleans and is staying with my Sister at my house in Baton Rouge. The rest of my family in New Orleans is leaving now headed west.

The data buoy 180nm south of us is already above 40kts and the wave height is above 19ft. The buoy 64nm south is at 35kts and 17ft.

I guess I could always go to Disney World. lol

I am back, I got hit by Katrina hard in Florida, prayers for Roadie and anyone else, this was a relative small hurricane here in florida, but it hit our power system hard, I lost water, phone (even plugged), eletricity for 4 days. Its been very hard, and we had to leave, as it was 95+ degrees. Dehydration, lack of everything. We are good now, and going back to normal but I sure hope school is not back tomorow, or I will suffer, as I did not get anything done. And 95+ degree in your home is not a good vacation, not to mention they will prob again hammer our summer vacation down.

Its going to be a storm of the century.

Keep your head down guys.

I am useing this link for news. (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1472323/posts)

Scroll down the links and I am listening to WDSU-TV/DT New Orleans in Windows media player (streamed.) I was told it was the best one and I just startwed watching it. We are expecting a potential tidal surge of 7-9 feet and left the boat at the beach and I am on call now 24/7 till its over.

(Warning I linked to a right leaning political page just use this post only if that stuff offends you)

Guest Blooz1

The lowest barometric pressure EVER RECORDED in the Gulf according to a hurricane watch flight? Holy Sheisse!

http://hurricanealley.net/index.htm

Click the storm for projected path.

This is a Cat 5 storm at the moment and predicted to possibly grow.

Cat 5 Winds = 135 knots.

1 knot = 1 nautical mile per hour = 6076 feet per hour

1 mph =1 mile per hour = 5280 feet per hour

1 Knot = 1.152 Miles per Hour = 1.85 Kilometers per Hour

So 135 * 1.152 = 155.52 MPH winds at landfall.

Or 135 * 1.85 = 249.75 Kilometers per Hour.

It is going to be as bad as anything we have ever seen.

Get out if at all posible.

I am listening /watching on the link I posted earlier to the Louisianna TV station.