Buy One Car, Get The Second Car For $1

Queenz

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants a Chrysler to begin with? They're all terrible.

I don't really care for American cars but this caught my eye lol cause I couldn't believe it. I found the story out on some car forums.

Most new cars are crap if something goes wrong with them it costs you half of what you paid for the car to fix it. 3 grand for a used transmission what the heck? My old Ford F-150 I could get a rebuild tranny for that for less than a grand. Transmission in my car costs $1500 to rebuild my F-150 $500. Engine for my car ~$2,000 my F-150 ~$1,000. And how are these newer vehicles better? Older cars if they don't start you either aren't getting any fuel power or spark, 3 things. Newer car there are far to many things to list, some new cars won't start if you have a burnt out headlight, and the car won't tell you that you have to have it towed to a shop and have them hook it up to their diagnostic computer, you don't tighten your gas cap it will kick on your check engine light. I will stick my my american made gas guzzler that only cost a few hundred dollors in repairs here and there than buying some new pos that costs me $5,000 to fix ever time something goes wrong.

Who wants a Chrysler to begin with? They're all terrible.

...you're delusional.

Most new cars are crap if something goes wrong with them it costs you half of what you paid for the car to fix it. 3 grand for a used transmission what the heck? My old Ford F-150 I could get a rebuild tranny for that for less than a grand. Transmission in my car costs $1500 to rebuild my F-150 $500. Engine for my car ~$2,000 my F-150 ~$1,000. And how are these newer vehicles better? Older cars if they don't start you either aren't getting any fuel power or spark, 3 things. Newer car there are far to many things to list, some new cars won't start if you have a burnt out headlight, and the car won't tell you that you have to have it towed to a shop and have them hook it up to their diagnostic computer, you don't tighten your gas cap it will kick on your check engine light. I will stick my my american made gas guzzler that only cost a few hundred dollors in repairs here and there than buying some new pos that costs me $5,000 to fix ever time something goes wrong.

Blah blah "I hate new technology and I don't feel like learning how to fix it" blah blah. :rolleyes: Do you still run a Pentium 1 and an ATA33 hard drive? I thought not. "BUT THEY ARE SO CHEAP TO FIX OMGOMGOMGOMG!" <_<

EDIT: The "some cars won't start with a burnt out headlight" is pure bs. Stop perpetuating stupid rumors. I'm all for "simple" American cars but you're just being stupid.

...you're delusional.

Blah blah "I hate new technology and I don't feel like learning how to fix it" blah blah. :rolleyes: Do you still run a Pentium 1 and an ATA33 hard drive? I thought not. "BUT THEY ARE SO CHEAP TO FIX OMGOMGOMGOMG!" <_<

EDIT: The "some cars won't start with a burnt out headlight" is pure bs. Stop perpetuating stupid rumors. I'm all for "simple" American cars but you're just being stupid.

Although there is no need for name calling, I have to agree :withstupid:. I never heard of such nonsense of cars not starting with burned out headlights. The most your going to get is a burned out headlight warning on the instrument panel or navigation screen. Newer cars can actually be better. Now a days cars display problems their having show up on the navigation information screen. Sometimes it even alerts you before a problem even happens. Most people I know say things like this just for the simple fact that they are technology inept. I have a family living in Ohio that are straight out country people and the only thing they ever owned in their life was a Chevy. Everytime we come to visit them we always try to talk them into getting a new foreign car instead, but we get that same response similar to what slick2500 gave. But when they get in my car I can tell by their body language that they like it and can't believe it, but simply don't want to admit it. When you compare the failure rate of an older vehicle compared to a brand spankin new one, the older one is obviously going to have a higher failure rate. Yes new cars can have problems too, but not all the time like an old one. I've owned an American car before, but found foreign cars to be of better quality. Foreign cars hold their value better than American cars too.

...you're delusional.

my mothers car would not start after i pulled the factory headunit (2005 pontiac grand prix GTP), i put the headunit back in, and it fired right up.... evidently part of the engine management is in the headunit...she now has a cadillac cts and it does the same thing. tell me, can you change the transmission in a 1997 eldorado with a jack, jackstands and some basic tools in your driveway? no you cant, you need a hydraulic lift to do just about anything major on a newer car. now in that same respect, a car built 30 years ago, you can change the engine/trans and anything else, with some jackstands and some basic tools.

he may be exaggerating a bit but his argument is valid, i have NEVER had a mechanical problem in any car i have owned....they have ALL been electrical sensors and "newer" technology problems. (aside from a blown trans because of my hard driving habits)