Buy One Car, Get The Second Car For $1

Queenz

You mean Obama?

Christ, when are people going to wake up and realise that the majority actually voted for him? :rolleyes:

Either way, the long term viability of the US motor industry has been questioned with VERY good reason.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a family living in Ohio that are straight out country people and the only thing they ever owned in their life was a Chevy. Everytime we come to visit them we always try to talk them into getting a new foreign car instead, but we get that same response similar to what slick2500 gave. But when they get in my car I can tell by their body language that they like it and can't believe it, but simply don't want to admit it. When you compare the failure rate of an older vehicle compared to a brand spankin new one, the older one is obviously going to have a higher failure rate. Yes new cars can have problems too, but not all the time like an old one. I've owned an American car before, but found foreign cars to be of better quality. Foreign cars hold their value better than American cars too.

Unless they've got a Corvette, I don't think comparing a Chevy to an Infiniti is a fair comparison ;)

But you guys are right, American cars do tend to be of a lesser quality than the prevalent "Japanese" imports... really can't comment on the Europeans as they usually are much more expensive...

Ford and GM are doing much better in terms of quality... Chrysler seems to be sticking to there "if it looks cool it'll sell/crude engineering" routine. Not to say its good, because some of there vehicles are pretty stagnant in quality, but they do have some pretty interesting cars.

Don't get me wrong, if I wanted an economy car I'd go for an import every time.... In fact I've got a 96 Camry right now. :thumbs-up: But the big thing for me is if I wanted a luxury/sports car with some pizazz I'd go for something American. I don't know, but if I see a European/Japanese car I think:

Tall%20Glass%20Building%20PICT2299.jpg