Getting Users Back

gebraset

I generally fold on all my systems while at work though on my day's off I shut a couple of them down while I game (tend's to cause disconnects while gaming on-line).

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've organized folding competitions/giveaways here in the past and even sponsored one or two out my own pocket - I think RR won a magazine subscription from me one time. I can tell you that there is no good way to run a giveaway w/o someone complaining. So the simpler the concept the better. I know Dave will help out with prizes, but we need to get some folks here to do all the support work and take the load off of Dave. I used to monitor folding points for OCC team members every three hours to use in folding contests - I might even be able to find it here somewhere if anyone's interested.

I've organized folding competitions/giveaways here in the past and even sponsored one or two out my own pocket - I think RR won a magazine subscription from me one time. I can tell you that there is no good way to run a giveaway w/o someone complaining. So the simpler the concept the better. I know Dave will help out with prizes, but we need to get some folks here to do all the support work and take the load off of Dave. I used to monitor folding points for OCC team members every three hours to use in folding contests - I might even be able to find it here somewhere if anyone's interested.

Was there a program you used to log who was active every three hours?

Was there a program you used to log who was active every three hours?

No, but it I had stored the results in a database it wouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

Well, I'm certainly interested in getting a contest or two going, even if it is incredibly simple to track to minimize complaining. I'm sure most of the OCC folders would be on board too, as contest always boost morale around the forums.

No, but it I had stored the results in a database it wouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

What i was really asking was did you have to check every three hours to see who was active? I don't see how storing it all in a db helps there, yes once you have the data but not on how to get it.

What i was really asking was did you have to check every three hours to see who was active? I don't see how storing it all in a db helps there, yes once you have the data but not on how to get it.

Sorry - I misunderstood the question. Stanford posts results every three hours and the program went out and got the new results from their web site. The results are just a list of all users register on the team and what the current point total is, so even inactive users would be in the file and you have to parse the results to determine who has turned in work units over a given period. It's been a few years since I did this so I don't know if Stanford is still posting results in the same manor or not.

Sorry - I misunderstood the question. Stanford posts results every three hours and the program went out and got the new results from their web site. The results are just a list of all users register on the team and what the current point total is, so even inactive users would be in the file and you have to parse the results to determine who has turned in work units over a given period. It's been a few years since I did this so I don't know if Stanford is still posting results in the same manor or not.

There's a site that compiles that kind of info so you can see how you are doing in a better format then Stanford.. Extreme Overclocking